• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Juliano's World Frenzy/Tech's Trip Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sacrilege to not have Great Malvern to Hereford covered!

Kite, I was fortunate in that my train wasn't delayed. Wouldn't have planned to do it otherwise!

Keith Jarrett

Another good trip out. You must be pleased with all those shack scratches. The south coast is just one of many areas that needs my attention but it's not high on my list of priorities.

I know the feeling with the 377s. There's just so many of the things. It's a class that I have cleared for haulage no less than four times. First the 377/1, 377/2, 377/3 & 377/4 variants. Then the 377/5s came along followed by the 377/6s and finally the 377/7s. Now I am down to a handful of 377/5s for ten miles but it's been a long slog.

The 171s seems to be a class that most folk pass by but I am sure we will all be paying more attention once the mc171s enter traffic.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Only 6 scratches, but to be fair I was late getting to the action and had to leave early too, would have been much more done otherwise.

I share your frustration with the 377s, but at least we've got no more being built now. My counts on 377s will be dropping like flies eventually, but not until I've done all the shacks. After which it'll then turn into a series of leaps on a Travelcard to get them in.

171s, I do make intentions to get on with them when I do a DaySave almost every time, but I keep getting busy elsewhere. Once the 170/4s get converted, then absolutely there will be tons of discussions and people going after them. Same as with the 377s, once the shacks are all done that's when the leaps will start properly. Until then, I'm happy to score them as I score shacks, two birds with one stone as they say.

crehld

Established Member
Just caught up with your trip in Southern land. Looks like you had a good time and you almost made it as far as my old stomping ground in Portsmouth!

The DaySave is a great ticket. I might get one myself later in the year. I used to use the weekly version in place of a season ticket when I had a two month temporary job in London - it had no restrictions on validity and was cheaper than a season!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Next trip report is due to go live on 31st May (late evening) and 1st June (around 1800), just in time for the commute ;)

I haven't done Pompey for years, 2012 was the last time I believe. Just no real need to visit these days, until the Turbos come over in 2017!

I love the DaySave ticket, such good value even with the recent price hike. I really do hope to be able to do another one later this year, but I'm currently engaged with planning a North West session. Trying to find the days that work for me and that I can have off work is proving challenging!

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Next trip report is due to go live on 31st May (late evening) and 1st June (around 1800), just in time for the commute ;)

I haven't done Pompey for years, 2012 was the last time I believe. Just no real need to visit these days, until the Turbos come over in 2017!

I love the DaySave ticket, such good value even with the recent price hike. I really do hope to be able to do another one later this year, but I'm currently engaged with planning a North West session. Trying to find the days that work for me and that I can have off work is proving challenging!

Did I hear correct that once the Southern franchise merges with Great Northern/Thameslink, that a 'Southern' Daysave will be valid on Thameslink services as well?

A shame that Thameslink has got that odd Daysave ticket which can only be purchased from selected travel offices, and Great Northern has nothing. I guess I won't be the only person using a GN daysave if they ever did one :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh I'd be well away with a few GN DaySaves! Only one way to find out what happens when they all become one mega-franchise!

Kite159

Veteran Member
Oh I'd be well away with a few GN DaySaves! Only one way to find out what happens when they all become one mega-franchise!

Would allow me to try and tick of my many GN shacks without having to go linear bashing mode and jumping on a service for one stop and off again at the next station.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Officially announcing the hashtag for next weekend's visit to Yorkshire, which is #techsgotthemoves :)

Tweets will start by around 0930 next Sunday, and it's another multi-day bash. After it's over, I'll announce the hashtag for my NET tram bash :)

crehld

Established Member
I'm looking forward to reading about it. :) Unfortunately I've had to head back to Crewe this evening so I won't be about in the Yorkshire base next week, so we'll have to meet up another time. Do you have any particular objectives in Yorkshire?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm looking forward to reading about it. :) Unfortunately I've had to head back to Crewe this evening so I won't be about in the Yorkshire base next week, so we'll have to meet up another time. Do you have any particular objectives in Yorkshire?

Nay drama, I'll be up your way on a North West rover at the end of July so always a chance of meeting up then. Hopefully Lancaster haven't done a silly thing and got rid of the Costa on the station, I can see myself popping in there a few times that week!

Primary objective on Sunday is to try and clear the 333s, needing only 5 of them. Alternative is to shack attack as much as possible, most likely putting focus on those between Leeds and Huddersfield. On the Monday, the only objective is to clear the shacks on the Harrogate Loop. Anything else is an enormous bonus!

crehld

Established Member
Nay drama, I'll be up your way on a North West rover at the end of July so always a chance of meeting up then. Hopefully Lancaster haven't done a silly thing and got rid of the Costa on the station, I can see myself popping in there a few times that week!

Primary objective on Sunday is to try and clear the 333s, needing only 5 of them. Alternative is to shack attack as much as possible, most likely putting focus on those between Leeds and Huddersfield. On the Monday, the only objective is to clear the shacks on the Harrogate Loop. Anything else is an enormous bonus!

Having been at LAN today I can confirm the Costa is still in situ, and following a bit of luck yesterday on a return trip from Hiddersfield via Bradford my 333 requirements are now down to just 3 ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Having been at LAN today I can confirm the Costa is still in situ, and following a bit of luck yesterday on a return trip from Hiddersfield via Bradford my 333 requirements are now down to just 3 ;)

Good news on the Costa, I just hope that doesn't change in the next 2 months and a few days!

I must admit I'm more than a little jealous that I need more 333s than you. That shall hopefully change on Sunday! If it doesn't, it sure will this autumn! <D

Established Member
Another great read tech, took a while to get round all these trip reports but I've got through them all.
Look forward to your Yorkshire trip report and everyone else's too.
Hopefully next weeks Midland Crash Bang wallop trip, will be able to live up to the high standards that have been set.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Really hope it's a good trip for you, and that these strikes announced this afternoon don't happen and won't screw you over!

All I can is that I can't wait for Sunday, it's been a hard week and it's not over yet!

Established Member
Really hope it's a good trip for you, and that these strikes announced this afternoon don't happen and won't screw you over!

All I can is that I can't wait for Sunday, it's been a hard week and it's not over yet!

Totally pig sick mate. Everything paid up front, tickets, hotel and HoE rover.To lose a day would be tragic. Doubt compensation even enters the equation due to the strike. There's hope yet but i aint hopeful.
Enjoy your day mate, hope it goes well and i mean that with all sincerity.

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks, I certainly had a good time, as I'm sure the trip report below will show!

31/05/2015 - Tech's Got The Moves, Day 1

Yep, it's another musical pop culture reference for this trip title! The next one's not though! I would assume most people will get this one without prompting, but for those who don't it's referencing Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger.

So after a couple of weeks' break from bashing [well, 12 days! - Ed], during which time it's been hard going, this trip has been well earnt! It's off to Yorkshire, as I had my tokens for Northern's special day ranger offer, and wanted to use it to clear some shacks not in regular day ranger territory. Originally the plan had been to do it on the first day of the trip, but I forgot it's not valid that day, without a doubt due to it being half-term. So the plan changed to doing a West Yorkshire Day Rover on Day 1, then the Northern day ranger on Day 2. I booked the relevant Advances some time before the new evening bus was confirmed, if I had held out for it I would have had an extra 2 hours in Yorkshire. Hey-ho, never mind, I'm already planning a return for October. Quite, as I write this all available slots for bashing until October are already either booked or allocated! With all the cheap trips done this year, it'll be a case of doing plenty of overtime to pay for it all, especially the year's third big bash [see a future post for details - Ed]! As it's Sunday, I get a lift into town ready for the first train of the day, the 0830 Cardiff Central to Manchester Piccadilly.

I'm really groggy today as I came down with a cold yesterday morning, wasn't going to let it stop me get on the rails though! 175109 takes me north, and I spend the journey to Crewe underlining EMUs in my 2015 NREA. By the time we reach Crewe, it's time for a break and I end to the end of the 395s. 442s to 508s to do yet, so after the break I continue to the 456s, leaving the rest until tomorrow's long journey home. I score 68003 and 68009 for sight which was most pleasing! As we near Manchester, I can't wait to get to Costa for a coffee! 185143 from the forum contacts me via Twitter, and we arrange to meet for a brief time during my interchange at Piccadilly. I somehow walk straight past him when I got off the 175, but he manages to find me and we have a good little chat about railways before I have to board the 1245 to Newcastle. It was nice to finally meet you, hope your day went well! I board 185110, dud, and find my seat. TPX have failed to put seat reservations out, with the old ones from its trip down from Newcastle still in place! Fortunately the man in my seat was happy to move, and the phone gets put on charge for the journey to Leeds. The trip report gets updated while I enjoy the scenery, I had forgotten how nice it is around here. I had forgone my Costa move, foolishly, in Manchester so I'll be on the hunt for some coffee in Leeds now. Well, once I get my West Yorkshire day rover of course, bring on the main event of the day!

It looked like two enthusiasts joined the train at Huddersfield, noticed their Thomas Cook UK railway map, and one of them was armed with a big DSLR too. I don't ask them of course but if they're reading this, hope it was a good day! A predictament at Leeds, with two 158s I need to choose from. I settle with 158790 in the end with the 1357 to Carlisle. Just as well as 153332 was on the front, so double winners for the trip to Shipley! Dud 333014 is flagged for the trip back to Leeds, just as well as I get winner 144010 back to Leeds on its way from Morecambe! I discover a day return Leeds to Shipley is £4.60, so that makes my Train Only West Yorkshire Day Rover seem excellent value at £7! Back at Leeds, I see a 155 which needed investigating, but as I get to the bridge I see a 150/2 arriving. It's 150211 which I needed so back down the stairs to score it on the 1451 to Rochdale, on which I go for a leap to Bramley (West Yorkshire) which is the day's first winner shack! I'm almost out of fluids, which on a gorgeously sunny day is not good, so I visit the Morrisons near the station. 2 big bottles of Dr Pepper, a steak and ale pie for later, Wispa multipack for tonight's snacking needs and a bottle of Hobgoblin Gold sourced, I get onto the beer during the fester on the station. 99p currently in Morrisons and it goes down beautifully! Winner number 5 [that reminds me of that Lou Bega song, Mambo Number 5! - Ed] with 150203 taking me back to Leeds, well chuffed!

333011 has been noted, so since I need it I'm on it to Guiseley. I had forgotten Northern has fitted free WiFi to the 333s, so I take advantage for some tweeting! There's a +2 at Guiseley, but we make it no problem with dud 333014 taking me back to Leeds. The approach sees me noting an EMT HST in the station, cue a rush to see what's going on! 43066+43064 are on it and I get as close to 43064 as I can for the noise. After all, it's been years since I had a non-MTU'd HST so I enjoy some VP185 action to Wakefield Westgate. Oh yes, most enjoyable! I just stand and watch the departure, oh the sound and smell, it's been far too long! Wakefield Westgate has been done up quite nicely, no longer is the concourse and station entrance a dump. I had come here to join 322485 on its return from Doncaster, however that plan changed when winner 91106 rolls in, I couldn't resist it! So it's back to Leeds, and I have a choice. Winner 158787 for a leap to Shipley or winner 155342 (with dud 153378) for a trip to winner shack Headingley. After some consultation with the Baker, confirming the required shack, the choice was obvious. I haven't had a 155 for years, I couldn't turn it down! I chose a bad day to do it though, as there was cricket on in Headingley so it was rather busy! Dud 158756 takes me back to Leeds, and I decide it's time to start heading towards Huddersfield. Dud 185 after dud 185, after more dud 185s were flagged so I change plans and look elsewhere!

"Ooh nice", I think to myself, 158793 is on the 1904 to Nottingham. "Need that!" I say out loud, so it's back down the stairs to join the crowd awaiting the doors to be unlocked. After dealing with urgent matters [someone had spent almost all the journey from Headingley to Leeds in the WC! - Ed], it's off 2 minutes late due to a late running XC HST. I believe this has taken me to just 6 more Northern 158s to get now, which is most pleasing! 1935 for the next train back to Leeds,so 14 minutes to wait. "Hmm, I could walk to Westgate" I conclude, as it should put me in place to get 322485. 1940 I convince myself it's due off Westgate, so when I'm still not there at 1937 I'm panicking! I make it just before 1939 to see it's actually not due until 1957, I got worried I'd miss it for nothing! I flag an XC HST for it, so I hope it's either the expected 322 or another EMU now! The timetable suggests it will be, so fingers crossed the fester on windy Westgate [I'm nicknaming this station that name now! - Ed] is worth it. 322485 does produce and I'm rather happy to score it as I now only need 2 more 322s. We get held outside Leeds for what feels like an eternity, cutting into my meal break! We finally arrive at 2020, and it's off as fast as my legs will get me there to Burger King.

Yes I know what you're all thinking, it's really not good for you. In all fairness it had been just over 7 hours since lunch so it's not so bad. My usual meal is sourced and my Bite card gets used for the first time in nearly 4 months, thank Goodness for it as it saved me 73p and brought my meal down to £6.56! Oh I miss the days of 20% off with those cards. Over to platform 16 and a lot of cricket fans have got rather drunk and rowdy now, what fun. The poor young lass having to put up with them must have been glad when they bailed at Huddersfield! I was alighting there too, and I know you're all asking what got me there. You're not going to believe it, but I managed to score 185134 on it. 9 more 185s to go, one day I'll get 'em!

Off to base camp next, and it's The Cambridge Hotel in Huddersfield. Readers with good memories will recall I stayed here last year after The Retro Shakespearean Tug in August 2014. £39 on this stay too, and I still consider it a bargain. It's a nice hotel and not far from the station either, always a bonus! Check in is completed in no time, and I'm soon upstairs and onto the WiFi to get this trip report posted. It's early to finish the day, I know, but I'm feeling the effects of this cold still messing me about so I'm tired and need rest. It also gives me a chance to catch up on the bookwork, so I'm quite happy to stop bashing now.

I haven't processed my journeys into RailMiles yet, so no mileage figure but here's some stats from Day 1 still for you all:

Winners: 11
Required shacks: 2

Cost of tickets: £31.60 (£7 rover and £24.60 Advance Hereford to Leeds)
Other expenditures: £11.70 (£5.14 Morrisons and £6.56 Burger King)
Hotel ching: £39
Total: £82.30

So not a cheap day out at all, and I honestly dread to think what it will all add up to at the end of the year! Still, it's been a good time and so worth every penny :D Now bring on tomorrow and the epic adventure that should bring!

Established Member
It was a good day thanks! Found a double ATW 150, which was nice! I did Manchester-Stockport more times than is good for anyone but I got a winner each time (that was the whole point lol) so I don't care!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
185143:2186704 said:
It was a good day thanks! Found a double ATW 150, which was nice! I did Manchester-Stockport more times than is good for anyone but I got a winner each time (that was the whole point lol) so I don't care!

Good lad! I remember doing Piccadilly to Stockport and back on HSTs plenty of times back in Project Rio days. Good times! We even had top and tail 31s on one trip, which I have in memory as May 2004. I hadn't got the hang of logging all my trips back then, so I've no idea what I had that day sadly.

Better though than doing Victoria to Clapham or New Street to Wolverhampton or International all day, crikey that gets boring!

Kristofferson

Didn't get a chance to follow this on Twitter yesterday (or read the forum this weekend at all!), but sounds like a cracking day out was had from the report :)

Currently sat on a SWT 450 craving a bacon double cheese xl, so thanks for that! :p

Keith Jarrett

Let's hope that day two is even more productive than day one. I'm with you on the VP185s and your comments are a timely reminder that I still need to clear some EMT power cars for 100 miles. So much to do and so little time! Enjoy the rest of your trip up north.

Established Member
I think you gave me your cold yesterday Techniquest! Felt awful today lol

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'll reply to comments later, as I've got a lousy signal down the Marches, so want to post this before it goes again!

01/06/2015 - Tech's Got The Moves, Day 2

0715 and it's time to get up, feeling considerably better than I did yesterday. One more dose of meds should sort out that cold then! It's time to de-rancify and I'm certainly rather awake now. Preparations for departure still takes until 0758, and I head downstairs to pay for my stay. £39 well spent in my book, and I head to the station to buy my Northern Only Day Ranger for £12.50. Those of you unfamiliar with this one should note it's a repeat of Northern's very popular offer, basically you need to collect two tokens from selected newspaper when the promotion starts, then go online and print off the application form. Attach said tokens and fill in the form, then take it to a staffed ticket office on the Northern network. I've never used one of these before, and my many thanks to CallySleeper for his help in getting me the tokens and sending me to me in a very efficient manner! I've still got a while until the first Northern train after 0845 to Leeds, the 0859 from Huddersfield, so I visit The Cherry Tree, a winner Spoons, for breakfast. £2.49 later and I have my coffee and delicious sausage breakfast roll, an absolute bargain! It's an absolutely stunning day in Huddersfield, which was a pleasant surprise when I opened the blind earlier. What will the NRDMUG provide for me this morning, I can't help but wonder. I'm privileged today, I've been provided with winner 144023 on the 0859 to Leeds.

An excellent start to the day then, hopefully the Northern Random DMU Generator [NRDMUG, copyright Kite159 - Ed] will keep being nice to me! A Brucie Bonus now for me, as at Leeds we arrive into platform 13b, one of the few platforms I need here, excellent! A meal deal for later is sourced at Sainsburys Local and a coffee from McDonalds, then I happen to see the 0951 to Horsforth. That wasn't in the Harrogate Line timetable, hence not planning for it. So a rush is made and I just manage to leap onto dud 153304 before it leaves. There's another DMU on the front, but until Burley Park [it really must be a popular station, the crowds for trains here are always big! - Ed] I don't know what it is. I discover it's winner 144008, and I jump onto it for a seat. Horsforth is a dud shack from ages ago, but that's not important. Double duds 153378 and 155342 take me forward, and a consultation of the timetable reveals the best plan would be to bail at Harrogate. Plans suggest I can get Pattal in later, a +3 there could be tight mind. Hornbeam Park is a staggered platforms station, something I must bear in mind for later. Super Dud 150226 with winner 142053 takes me to Hornbeam Park, as we're nearly 3 minutes late [delays on the Harrogate Loop was a common theme today - Ed] so not risking it at Pannal, which I mistakenly put at Pattal on a tweet! Winner 150274 leads Super Dud 150103 on a York, and as we're 3 down Cattal is out of the window.

That turns to 2 down off Knaresborough, so I decide to be brave and go for Cattal on what will be a +2. Cue the danger music! As it turned out I was safe and made it comfortably onto winner 142090 and Super Dud 144013 west. I can't decide where to bail for ages, but delays are finally working in my favour at Starbeck, where I join dud 155347 for the trip to Knaresborough. 5 winner shacks in the book, and this 155 joins the ever-growing league of Super Duds. Time to decide what to do now, whether to carry on to York for a Blackpool train to Leeds, or whether to continue shack scratching, despite having to carry on with 155347. After a few minutes, the idea of leaving 4 shacks to do on the Harrogate Loop disgusts me, whereas leaving just two [Hammerton and Poppleton - Ed] to do is much more acceptable. I had wanted to clear all the shacks today but that wasn't to be. The last two will take some careful planning one day to get them, with some lengthy festers for them, but such is the way it has to be done. Next up then, 155347 to Weeton, where it's gone windy and overcast. Dud 144020 takes me up to Pannal, and the next Leeds train arrives as I get off the train. I run like the clappers to get on it, since it avoids a 30 minute fester, and I take double duds 150103 and 150274, the latter now a Super Dud, to Leeds. It takes a few minutes to catch my breath again, but pleased as I'll now have 58 minutes in Leeds and not 28 minutes.

There's now potentially time to make another move, although that will depend on the timetable! Umm, well, no. Due to this train running 3 or 4 down, there's nothing really available to do and still make it back in time. If we'd been on time, then a variety of shack attacks would have been workable. Oh well, if nowt else I'll have a coffee break! We arrive just before 1322 into platform 1,and I have 3 minutes to get to platform 12d. I only just make it onto Super Dud 158757 for a shack attack at Cross Gates! Home Bargains gets visited as I'm running low on fluids again. Big bottle of Pepsi Max for 99p sourced, and I pull my card out too soon causing issues and queues! Thankfully it's resolved OK and I head back to the station for the 1353 to Blackpool North. Dud 158902, now turned Super Dud, takes me back to Leeds where I stop for a McDonalds coffee. The 1420 to Manchester Airport is in with 6 minutes to spare before it leaves, which did surprise me. I find my reserved seat aboard dud 185107, should have known it wouldn't be a winner. On with the charge, as I'm already down to 56% charge in my phone having been on 100% at 0750! The bookwork is progressed with, and I see in my Quail I just need platforms 4, 7 and 14 at Leeds with just a few crossovers here and there now, quite pleased with progress there! Before I know it we're on the final approach to Manchester Piccadilly and arrive bang on time.

I'm immediately annoyed, as I spot 142003 leaving. Whenever I'm about and able to join Pacers, it's buffer-blocking [321903 was also doing that in Leeds! - Ed] or not about. It happily works away when I'm not on a Pacer bash though! Plenty of other trains about that I want, and just the thought of how many shacks I need in Greater Manchester has me really wanting to get up here and change that! 175102 is my chariot home, I can't believe how quick this trip has gone! Moves book filled in by Stockport, just the 2015 NREA to finish filling in now then. As I write that, I've got 2 hours to go until I get home, that's the worst bit of the journey to or from the North, the long and boring journey getting to/from Manchester! By Wem the only thing left to do is process my journeys into RailMiles and post this trip report, so I get started on adding the journeys to the app. A "small tree" [as the guard put it - Ed] has fallen onto the line just south of Wem, so we're held there until the all-clear is received. 30 minutes are filled there adding the moves to the RailMiles app. They're uploaded in Shrewsbury, where we leave 37 minutes late. I can however provide some statistics for once! I've had to organise a lift home as there's no way I'll make the 1815 bus home now, so having to fork out a tenner for fuel costs. I'd spend at least that killing 2 and a bit hours in town anyway so just as well I suppose! Of course I'd have preferred not to spend that money, never mind!

So then, with nothing else really to add, some statistics:

Day 1 mileage: 274m77c
Day 2 mileage: 217m29c
Mileage for the year so far: 5,710m69c

Winners: 5
Required shacks: 8

Cost of tickets: £35.50 (£12.50 ranger, £23 Advance Leeds to Hereford)
Other transport costs: £10 fuel (for my Mum's car, as she came in to pick me up)

Food/drink costs: £9.46

Total cost of Day 2: £54.96

Total cost of trip: £137.26

Not a cheap trip by any means, but very much worth the effort!

So what's next, I hear you ask? A week's time sees me in Nottingham for a massive NET bash. Hashtag to be announced in the next couple of days, rather looking forward to that as I've not been on the NET system for over 11 years now! Of course, that's when I wasn't used to noting journeys properly or even at all, so my notebook is entirely empty there. That'll soon change! <D

Hope you all enjoy Day 2, and as I say I'll be back for replies later :)

crispy1978

I think geographically Burley Park is closer to Headingley for the cricket - might explain why it was busy. Play was rained off about 2pm too.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Blindtraveler:2186893 said:
Sounds like a lot of fun. Plenty of winners there and oh yess VP185s! 155s and 322s too, all nice and unusual compared to your usual diet of 170s and suchlike!

Lots of fun indeed, and aye quite different to 170s and 390s!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Kristofferson:2186907 said:
Didn't get a chance to follow this on Twitter yesterday (or read the forum this weekend at all!), but sounds like a cracking day out was had from the report :)

Currently sat on a SWT 450 craving a bacon double cheese xl, so thanks for that! :p

Sounds like you've been busy! I want one again too, but sorry about that :p
Keith Jarrett:2186924 said:
Let's hope that day two is even more productive than day one. I'm with you on the VP185s and your comments are a timely reminder that I still need to clear some EMT power cars for 100 miles. So much to do and so little time! Enjoy the rest of your trip up north.

Not quite as productive but it was always unlikely that it would be. Agreed on too much to do and not enough time, got the same problem!
185143:2187328 said:
I think you gave me your cold yesterday Techniquest! Felt awful today lol

It is sure going around a lot lately, everyone at work has been getting it so it wouldn't surprise me if it's been a particularly contagious one!
crispy1978:2187470 said:
I think geographically Burley Park is closer to Headingley for the cricket - might explain why it was busy. Play was rained off about 2pm too.

That would definitely make sense. Didn't know cricket was on until yesterday afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.