• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Kite159

Veteran Member
Link is now woking, but can't get it to come up with any fares for the journey I wish to make; Farnborough to Surbiton.

Off peak day return is £14.40 so should come down to £12.

Anyone any suggestion why it might not be working?

How very strange, maybe the existence of that £11-odd super off-peak day return is causing the system not to offer the £12 fare.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
FGW appear to have 20% advances, however looking at the page linked from the email:
https://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk...sale&utm_content=82963&utm_campaign=mid-month

It's only for travel on the 27th & 28th May, from Paddington/Reading/Didcot to South Wales, plus stations north of Temple Meads.

In fairness, not the best offer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Devonman2014

I'm off to London in the morning for a few days and I shall definitely avail myself of this offer.
Thanks for posting it.
Which destination ?
Well I'm spoilt for choice.
Cheers Kite 159

I myself am currently en route to London for the day on this offer.... Currently on 08:47 ex Salisbury to Waterloo.

Red Dragon

I myself am currently en route to London for the day on this offer.... Currently on 08:47 ex Salisbury to Waterloo.
I decided on a return from Waterloo to Lymington Pier so I'm on the 0905 from Waterloo to Weymouth.
I intend leaving the train at Southampton and taking the No6 bus through the New Forest to Lymington, lunch and then Lymington, Brockenhurst, Waterloo. Could get the ferry to the IoW - all options are still open. Have fun!

embers25

Established Member
I decided on a return from Waterloo to Lymington Pier so I'm on the 0905 from Waterloo to Weymouth.
I intend leaving the train at Southampton and taking the No6 bus through the New Forest to Lymington, lunch and then Lymington, Brockenhurst, Waterloo. Could get the ferry to the IoW - all options are still open. Have fun!

Please note that the T&C's don't allow break of journey.

cuccir

Established Member
I have 4 tokens (enough for two tickets) available for the latest Northern Rail newspaper offer of a £12.50 Day / £20.00 Weekend Northern Rail ticket - PM me your address if you want them, first come first served!
--
Tokens taken!

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Hello Lichfield City! :lol:

What I was reading the offer as you get £10 when you join Topcashback in which you can spend on that fees charging website.

Sadly if it was the other way round and you get a bonus £10 if you are a new customer to the trainline, then I'm sure their sales will rocket with many sales of the cheapest tickets on offer.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Not quite a special offer, but I figured this was probably the best place to post it.

I have £7.50 in vouchers for use on a VTEC Advance/VTEC&Connections Advance ticket. Happy to swap for £5 cash at a forum meet. :) PM if interested or ask me at the next (probably Yorkshire) meet.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
I received an email off First TPE yesterday offering 25% off advance tickets for journeys in June, so long as you book by Sunday 7 June.

Here's the text;
"Say 'sayonara' to spring and get ready to swan dive right into summer with a scorching 25%* off advance train tickets. Just head to tpexpress.co.uk between Thursday 4th June to Sunday 7th June to get a nice summer saving. And thats for travel all over our network right up until 30th June. So quick chop, you've got to be fast to catch this deal train."

http://tickets.tpexpress.co.uk/tpe/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I received an email off First TPE yesterday offering 25% off advance tickets for journeys in June, so long as you book by Sunday 7 June.

Here's the text;
"Say 'sayonara' to spring and get ready to swan dive right into summer with a scorching 25%* off advance train tickets. Just head to tpexpress.co.uk between Thursday 4th June to Sunday 7th June to get a nice summer saving. And thats for travel all over our network right up until 30th June. So quick chop, you've got to be fast to catch this deal train."

http://tickets.tpexpress.co.uk/tpe/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck
Doesn't seem to stack with railcard. What a useless "offer" if not

boyaloud

The FTPE offer DOES combine with railcards, equalling the "student advance" offer of 50% off standard advances, but it does also offer an additional 25% off first advances too which that offer does not. As such both first and standard advances are 50% off leading to some good deals like a single Manchester to York for £6.60 in 1st.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The £2 offer is issued in a very weird layout. Has anyone else noticed?

trevmonk

Thameslink and Great Northern are temporarily offering weekday super off-peak day returns until 6 September (rather than the normal weekend/bank holiday only availability). Have to be bought online.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thameslink and Great Northern are temporarily offering weekday super off-peak day returns until 6 September (rather than the normal weekend/bank holiday only availability). Have to be bought online.

Not a bad offer, although it's not available on Travelcards.

I've just checked tickets from Stevenage to Kings Cross. On the outbound journey it only appears to be valid on trains arriving after 1100. Normal evening peak restrictions apply.

trevmonk

Not a bad offer, although it's not available on Travelcards.

I've just checked tickets from Stevenage to Kings Cross. On the outbound journey it only appears to be valid on trains arriving after 1100. Normal evening peak restrictions apply.

If you click on the "terms and conditions" on the Thameslink site it says:
Super Off-Peak tickets to London stations can only be used on the first trains to arrive in London after 10:00.
When I first looked I'm sure that is what was how it was, but now I too can only get it to work on trains arriving after 11.00. The weekday tickets also don't show up at all on NRE, presumably because it's an online only deal.

I'll enquire what the time restriction is really meant to be.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Excellent; I have always thought that having Super Off-peak Day tickets only available at the weekend a bit strange given that, in the L&SE area at least, demand for weekend travel is quite strong and surely not affected as much by these bargain basement fares. In contrast most weekday off peak trains are carting around fresh air. Some Tocs like Greater Anglia have seen sense and allowed use of Super Off-peak Day tickets on weekdays.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I seem to remember GTR saying that they were considering the introduction of super off peak fares when they took over.

In my opinion this is a far better way to proceed than introducing Advance fares.