• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Valley Diversions: it must be Autumn

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

As the sun begins to set, 43317 leads the 1725hrs 1F30 Newcastle - Edinburgh via Carlisle through Wylam, George Stephenson's birthplace, on the evening of Saturday 27 September 2008.

2892136507_9f87e52b4b_b.jpg

Regards

eeazypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The lady driver looks happy :lol:, Great picture, Intresting use of Colour and tone to make the sunset shine on the front of the PC.

Bayum

Established Member
What are the runnings for these services?? Do any of them go over the Ribbleshead Viaduct or anything like that?? and where are the stops etc??

andylloyd

What are the runnings for these services?? Do any of them go over the Ribbleshead Viaduct or anything like that?? and where are the stops etc??

They are only going via Tyne Valley to/from Newcastle via Edinboro.

The services are hourly from Newcastle and Carlisle.

Eezy, saw 43051 on the rear at Metrocentre at approx 1640 as it was heading towards Carlisle. It was clagging rather well ;)

Quality pic by the way!

Regards

Andy

Last edited:

Bayum

Established Member
They are only going via Tyne Valley to/from Newcastle via Edinboro.

Andy

Some of them are going from Leeds as well though... And I was just wondering if this was happening on a Saturday or anything

Bayum

Established Member
They do go down to leeds some of them, however they will be using the ECML;)

No - theres one going from Leeds, tomorrow morning. And I was wondering if there were any Saturday ones likely to be doing that

andylloyd

No - theres one going from Leeds, tomorrow morning. And I was wondering if there were any Saturday ones likely to be doing that

For next saturday there is a service from Leeds to Aberdeen but it does go via the ECML then cross country on the tyne valley to edin and then onto its usual routing.

There is a 1750 ex edin for Leeds but again it comes across tyne valley and into Newcastle then down ECML

Bayum

Established Member
For next saturday there is a service from Leeds to Aberdeen but it does go via the ECML then cross country on the tyne valley to edin and then onto its usual routing.

There is a 1750 ex edin for Leeds but again it comes across tyne valley and into Newcastle then down ECML

Ahh cool. Does the Saturday Aberdeen one leave at the same time as it is tomorrow morning??

andylloyd

Not too sure. NXEC seem to have a fault with the t/table that is online as it is only showing late night not all day.

Sorry I cant be of further help :D

Cheers

Andy

eezypeazy

Intresting use of Colour and tone to make the sunset shine on the front of the PC.

Nothing retouched - no colours have been enhanced. The train is coming out of the shadows of the signalbox and footbridge. My best pic of the day - I won't bother showing you the ones I took at 0830 and 12 noon....

eezypeazy

andylloyd

Nothing retouched - no colours have been enhanced. The train is coming out of the shadows of the signalbox and footbridge. My best pic of the day - I won't bother showing you the ones I took at 0830 and 12 noon....

eezypeazy
ohhhhhhh go on please.
The driver is awesome especially at speed when she gives a two tone out;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
w0nxw.jpg

43051 on the 1536 to EDB from NCL.
Boy did she smoke the station out on departure ;)

Regards

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.