• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Clue 4: This station handles direct trains to precisely 7 other stations in the off-peak, although services may be extended in the peaks.

clagmonster

Established Member
I think Falkirk was in the Next station is.

Oops, I didn't consider the existence of the other one far away. As I have named a none existant tation, does it count as not giving a response or an impossible answer and a points deduction? I don't want to post a revised guess and then losing three points for having two goes, so I will wait for clarification before posting.

Robinson

Clue 5: This station is within three miles of a football stadium that will host fourth tier football (either FL2 or SD3) in 2012/13.

The answer "Falkirk" would have been considered a dud anyway, so no matter.

I believe Falkirk was originally posted but the player then edited it after having hit enter too early. I'm not sure what happens here, though, as you've admitted it wasn't simply a misclick. I'm inclined to see what Ivo says rather than try and make it up.

clagmonster

Established Member
I agree. I don't think I saw the Falkirk incident on this thread, funny that it has happened in different threads in the same town though.

sonic2009

Established Member
It was myself that said 'Falkirk' but id hit return by mistake before finishing off.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ivo

Established Member
"Rainham" is indeed a dud response. You are required to define which Rainham you are referring to (although I personally think it's pretty obvious ;)).

I actually would have been inclined to say Rainham (Essex/London) myself. Seen as it's gone, I shall say Purfleet.

Robinson

If Rainham (Essex) is gone, I shall say now that it was the correct answer. I was reluctant to accept an unspecified Rainham, partly because my next clue was going to be "This station is distinguished from another in the British Isles only by the county it is located in".

Ivo

Established Member
In that case, my apologies to all concerned, but I think the round shall have to be considered a dud. clagmonster's absence today, combined with my absence yesterday, has created a situation in which no play has occurred and therefore Rules 3.4 and 3.5 should be applied.

It is very likely that clagmonster was referring to Rainham (Essex), but I am sorry to say we cannot clarify this and it has been too long since the last discussion on the matter so we will have to pass on it. To compensate, I will suggest that the next time Robinson wins a round set by clagmonster, the former should surrender the floor to the latter. This is not a concrete requirement; rather something for them to agree on.

Robinson's floor.

Ivo

Established Member
I just hope clagmonster doesn't mind. I would be very surprised if he does to be honest.
Wild response...

Nutbourne

Robinson

Clue 4: This station's name begins with a letter which is worth 1 point on the standard English Scrabble board. (Bad luck that Ore satisfies this clue as well.)

Robinson

Clue 5: The through stopping services at this station are all provided by 1 TOC; the terminating services are all provided by another.