• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan1997

It would appear that you have either disabled your PM's on this forum or you aren't allowed to recieve them yet, so I shall leave my request here. Is it possible for you to to a Class 319 in Thameslink Navy blue and Gold livery?
Thanks a lot,
Alex.

I will sort the PM thing out, but yeah I will do that pal:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dan1997

Yeah but I have still not started building my 456 :P Its a good'n to do that because next year it will be a reality, are you doing a red body like the 455's, blue like the 450's or white like the rest?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Yeah but I have still not started building my 456 :P Its a good'n to do that because next year it will be a reality, are you doing a red body like the 455's, blue like the 450's or white like the rest?

Couldn't you just use the driving cars from a 321, and add shoegear and jumper leads?

fgwrich

Established Member

Attachments

• Class_456 South West Trains Suburban.jpg
    Class_456 South West Trains Suburban.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Class_321_East Anglia Trains Suburban.jpg
    Class_321_East Anglia Trains Suburban.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Class_321_East Anglia Trains.jpg
    Class_321_East Anglia Trains.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 82

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I think the post level to enable the receipt of PMs is 5, unless it's has changed since I joined. Otherwise check your settings as it may be that only staff can send you PMs currently.

^ I didn't see this page initially. :oops:

Great work nevertheless. With the skills you have in repainting stuff, you would be great as a reskinner for a simulator!

Last edited:

Manchester77

Established Member

Northern 377 by Manchester_77, on Flickr
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Someone PM if you want an alternative livery on a train. I'm thinking of doing a 222 in an alternative livery, don't know which one though :p
344 FTPE is my current project

jopsuk

Veteran Member
What about "London Overground" Class 378? Add a single carriage to get a 376 as they're pretty much identical from the side. In the same livery, Class 455, 456, 458, 465, 466, 313, 315, 165? Perhaps even 357, 317 and 321.

fgwrich

Established Member
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Class_456_Southern_Diagram.PNG

This is what I've used. I've done all of it in SWT capital red livery I'm working on the swirly front now but should be done soon!
Instead of a northern 319 I'm doing a northern 377!

Like this?

As for TPE, havent done a 334, But here's a Desiro City & Desiro (380) in TPE, FCC and London Midland guises.

And something id rather have on the Great Western, and / or EGIP.

Attachments

• Class_319_Northern Rail2.jpg
    Class_319_Northern Rail2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Class_380_First TransPennine Express 6 car.jpg
    Class_380_First TransPennine Express 6 car.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 66
  • Class_380_First Capitol Connect 6 car.jpg
    Class_380_First Capitol Connect 6 car.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Class_380_First Capitol Connect.jpg
    Class_380_First Capitol Connect.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Class_380_London Midland.jpg
    Class_380_London Midland.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Class_340_London Midland.jpg
    Class_340_London Midland.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Class_340_First Capitol Connect.jpg
    Class_340_First Capitol Connect.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Class_332_First Great Western.jpg
    Class_332_First Great Western.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Class_333_Scotrail Express 1.jpg
    Class_333_Scotrail Express 1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 58

Manchester77

Established Member
What about "London Overground" Class 378? Add a single carriage to get a 376 as they're pretty much identical from the side. In the same livery, Class 455, 456, 458, 465, 466, 313, 315, 165? Perhaps even 357, 317 and 321.

currently doing LO 313
Like this?

As for TPE, havent done a 334, But here's a Desiro City & Desiro (380) in TPE, FCC and London Midland guises.

And something id rather have on the Great Western, and / or EGIP.

they look good i like the First livery its a nice one to replicate can be a bit fidley with the wacy dynamic lines. not tried anything in LM livery might try a 377 in LM livery this evening. I've done the 3313 in LO i'll upload in abit

London Overground Class 313 by Manchester_77, on Flickr

LO313

London Overground Class 357 by Manchester_77, on Flickr

LO 357

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Smart work. I do think it's a pity the rules on colour for ends for NR are so strict- LO livery would look better with "full orange" ends, to complement the red ends/red doors of LU and the green ends (pity they don't have green doors) of Tramlink. If it was up to me I'd also do similar with DLR- obviously with teal ends/doors (to matchthe line colour), giving all TfL rail a unified yet system-distinct scheme.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I don't suppose you could do a 158 or 159 in XC livery could you? If it's too difficult then no problem at all, but given that Virgin XC used to have some 158s, it would be interesting to see what they would look like today.

If that is too difficult, don't worry at all, I'm enjoying looking over the ones you've done so far! :D

Pardon the intrusion but I painted some 158 models a few years back in liveries that might have been seen working for Virgin, although I didn't have the necessary transfers to finish the job at the time....

Virgin158original.jpg

Virgin158Pendolino.jpg

Virgin158Intercity2.jpg

Additionally, I have painted these aswell....

Picture001-1.jpg

SWT Class 50

Whereitusedtobe-1.jpg

Thameslink class 319

Tilttesttrain.jpg

Test train for Mk4T coaches (I have actually now got the parts to make this model tilt as I had planned....)

fnw121b.jpg

NWT Class 121

RM1562_zps3523cc0c.jpg

Royal Mail Class 156 (This was based on a picture of a mock-up I saw around 1990, though I couldn't remember the exact details of it, so I did the best I could, the other car is not finished)

NSE153_zpsab073daa.jpg

NSE Class 153

NSE156_zps5539a1da.jpg

NSE Class 156

CC 72100

Established Member
Pardon the intrusion but I painted some 158 models a few years back in liveries that might have been seen working for Virgin, although I didn't have the necessary transfers to finish the job at the time....

Not butting in at all! The newer Virgin livery most certainly suits the 158, although most liveries look pretty good on a 158 in all honesty. Thameslink 319 also looks very good, and did like the thought of NSE and Royal Mail operating 156s. Nice work!

W230

Established Member
Virgin158Pendolino.jpg
Some impressive painting there. I think the Virgin 158 looks pretty impressive...

LE Greys

Established Member
I've got a 'Great Central Trains' blue and cream Electra buried at the back of a cupboard somewhere. I'll have to dig it out and get a picture soon.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Thanks for the kind comments.

....The newer Virgin livery most certainly suits the 158, although most liveries look pretty good on a 158 in all honesty....

I think the one livery that didn't suit it is the FNW livery, but I'm not convinced that really suits anything. I wasn't sure about the positioning of the white half crescent at first, the doors are in the wrong place really so it's kind of hidden, but I think that is better than with the red extended over the doors.

I think I have a challenger HST power car somewhere, I'll have to find it.

....and did like the thought of NSE and Royal Mail operating 156s. Nice work!

I should point out that those models (and the 153) did get transfers added, just in case there was some confusion about that. I think NSE could have come quite close to using 153s and possibly 156s had privatisation not happened. I know they would never have 'owned' them, but I discovered recently that Great Eastern leased a unit or two from Anglia Railways for the Marks Tey-Sudbury branch (usually a 153 as I understand it) as this was the only diesel line they operated. They had leased Silverlink 121s before that (1997/98) and NSE had some 101s for the line.

Dan1997

Thanks for the kind comments.

I think the one livery that didn't suit it is the FNW livery, but I'm not convinced that really suits anything. I wasn't sure about the positioning of the white half crescent at first, the doors are in the wrong place really so it's kind of hidden, but I think that is better than with the red extended over the doors.

I think I have a challenger HST power car somewhere, I'll have to find it.

I should point out that those models (and the 153) did get transfers added, just in case there was some confusion about that. I think NSE could have come quite close to using 153s and possibly 156s had privatisation not happened. I know they would never have 'owned' them, but I discovered recently that Great Eastern leased a unit or two from Anglia Railways for the Marks Tey-Sudbury branch (usually a 153 as I understand it) as this was the only diesel line they operated. They had leased Silverlink 121s before that (1997/98) and NSE had some 101s for the line.

I must say I really did like the few livery with the gold stars and I think it suited everything that carried it, but I must say your work is excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.