RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railway Jobs & Careers

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2013, 02:16   #1
a729

Default Transport for London (TfL) Customer Service Assistant(CSA) and graduate schemes) 2013

Hey -I've been scouring the internet looking for forums about 2013 TfL recruitment and haven't found anything so I'm making my own!

They only had the CSA ad for 3 days it was up at 12pm on Monday 11th Feb and was gone off the website by Wednesday 13th. Anyone heard anything yet?

http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/engin...e-schemes-2013
Sponsored links - Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:45   #2
Vicpaul
Paul

I've got about 7 friends who have all cleared the telephone interview this week
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:37   #3
a729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicpaul View Post
I've got about 7 friends who have all cleared the telephone interview this week
Can you ask them what questions they were asked?
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:44   #4
telstarbox
Established Member

Wikijob has info on the graduate scheme. At least one of the assessment centres has already happened depending on which scheme you're interested in.

@_CHARLIE123 | Music reviews etc
Old 3rd March 2013, 07:50   #5
Vicpaul
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by a729 View Post
Can you ask them what questions they were asked?
The telephone interviewer asks you the same competency based questions that were in your application. Always handy to have a few examples for every competency though
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:43   #6
Nym
MIET AMIMechE
Established Member

Quote:
The telephone interviewer asks you the same competency based questions that were in your application. Always handy to have a few examples for every competency though
It is indeed, I was asked the same set of compitencies to demonstrate three times in three different ways, is perticularly challenging for someone who hasn't worked much before, or been involved in working in groups or teams.
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:04   #7
Vicpaul
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
It is indeed, I was asked the same set of compitencies to demonstrate three times in three different ways, is perticularly challenging for someone who hasn't worked much before, or been involved in working in groups or teams.
They used to be quite open to you using examples not relating to work, for example; your captain of a Sunday football team and through team work a good leadership skills you were successful in winning a prolific trophy for your division. (Obviously you would have to elaborated that and somewhat roll it in glitter)
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:16   #8
Nym
MIET AMIMechE
Established Member

Quote:
They used to be quite open to you using examples not relating to work, for example; your captain of a Sunday football team and through team work a good leadership skills you were successful in winning a prolific trophy for your division. (Obviously you would have to elaborated that and somewhat roll it in glitter)
When everything you've done that is even plausable is either for the MoD or ONS when working in a team you're a lil slim on examples you can use, I did most of mine from when I was agency working, or subject to the torture of working at Manchester Airport...

"Was you in any clubs or anything at uni?"
"No, I was working."
Old 3rd March 2013, 15:37   #9
a729

Thanks guys! I am probably stessing too much- I was glued to my phone for 2 weeks , then they just emailed me!
Old 3rd March 2013, 21:56   #10
HYPODERMIC

I'll certainly be be applying for the LU Management graduate scheme when I reach my third year. It's my dream job!

"Competencies" are my main concern at this stage; to put it simply, I've not got enough experience to draw from. From their perspective, I can totally understand why they focus in on these skillsets, and how useful it must be in distinguishing candidates.

Alas, from my perspective, competencies are a problem in need of a fairly urgent solution. I'm going to be trying to quickly build up as much volunteering and customer service to try and give myself more material and experience to work with.
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:06   #11
Nym
MIET AMIMechE
Established Member

You can draw on experience from your course at uni, what is it you're doing?
Old 3rd March 2013, 23:44   #12
a729

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPODERMIC View Post
I'll certainly be be applying for the LU Management graduate scheme when I reach my third year. It's my dream job!

"Competencies" are my main concern at this stage; to put it simply, I've not got enough experience to draw from. From their perspective, I can totally understand why they focus in on these skillsets, and how useful it must be in distinguishing candidates.

Alas, from my perspective, competencies are a problem in need of a fairly urgent solution. I'm going to be trying to quickly build up as much volunteering and customer service to try and give myself more material and experience to work with.
If you live in London, you could try to join the TfL youth panel or the BTP youth board
Old 4th March 2013, 14:51   #13
HYPODERMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by a729 View Post
If you live in London, you could try to join the TfL youth panel or the BTP youth board
Unfortunately, I'm up in Manchester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
You can draw on experience from your course at uni, what is it you're doing?
Politics. My academic experiences haven't given me much material - I've been working until midnight every day for the past two months, so I haven't found time for university societies.

But that said, I do volunteer as an event organiser, and as a booking office clerk. If I don't get on a summer internship, I'll volunteer with Manchester International Festival too.

So I'm not a completely blank slate; I can definitely give a decent array of experiences for some of the competencies - it's just that there's a stubborn few - particularly when they ask how I've handled dangerous scenarios, or angry customers, or have "delivered excellent customer service" - where I'm still adrift.
Closed Thread