• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derailment @ Worcester Shrub Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestWestern

Established Member
If anybody happens to be in the area, any disruption taking place at Shrub Hill this morning is apparently due to 5W75 having derailed over points on shunting into the sidings to stable last night. Main lines not blocked, but one train is allowed past the site at a time at 5mph. Today's 1P07, 05.11 Worcester - Pad was caped, presumably formed by the affected set. No info on the damage, but hopefully not too severe.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Do you know which side of the station the incident occurred? Luckily, most LM services seem to be unaffected and are running on time.

BestWestern

Established Member
Class172:1530823 said:
Do you know which side of the station the incident occurred? Luckily, most LM services seem to be unaffected and are running on time.

I don't, but would presume the Bristol end as I understand that is the usual shunt move. I could be wrong though.

High Dyke

Established Member
Information suggests 62 points (the precise location means nothing to me).

The power car affected (43189) is close to the Up main. but not directly impeding it - hence trains cautioned passed at 5mph. The BRUFF from Toton was on its way.

pinguini

I travel from Worcester daily for work. Fortunately today is my day off so I'm glad personally it hasn't affected me. But it looks (from NRE) like theyre busing people to Cheltenham and Evesham. It sounds like it is on the Southern end of the station, so the London Midland (Birmingham bound) services should't be affected.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I travel from Worcester daily for work. Fortunately today is my day off so I'm glad personally it hasn't affected me.:)
What time do you commute usually? — we may have crossed paths a few times before.

pinguini

What time do you commute usually? — we may have crossed paths a few times before.

It depends where I'm working. You'll sometimes find me on the 0708 Shrub Hill to Cheltenham, the 0758 or 0811 Foregate Street to Great Malvern or the 0824 Foregate Street to Bromsgrove. I've been in Bromsgrove this week.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Well I usually get into Fgt St at 0756 on the arrival from Whitlocks End, or if not at 0811 from New St. You'll only see me in school time though.

pinguini

Well I usually get into Fgt St at 0756 on the arrival from Whitlocks End, or if not at 0811 from New St. You'll only see me in school time though.

I often see lots of school kids arriving into Foregate at that sort of time. Possible we've passed each other on the station or outside Tesco where I usually bump into many of you lot :lol:

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It's almost certain then, as I head down the High St towards school.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Delays from this were still being felt at about 1900hrs last night when I went to check a fare at Moor Street (I decided to bus it!)

Andrewlong

I was visiting Worcester Shrub Hill on Thursday so missed derailment by a day. Station has fantastic semaphore signals and the toilets were very modern and clean too!

Status
Not open for further replies.