• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Racing something around the Ark Royal planey landy bit? I'm not sure if it's called that?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The QE2 on the way back from the Falklands? I don't think that was her last trip though. A race on the deck maybe? That's my last attempt.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
The QE2 on the way back from the Falklands? I don't think that was her last trip though. A race on the deck maybe? That's my last attempt.

No - right company though, but an earlier ship

Try again

(this might be one for the elders of the parish)

Gutfright

If people were driving but not going anywhere, was there some sort of exhibition on the ship where they were demonstrating the soon-to-be-built M25?

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
If people were driving but not going anywhere, was there some sort of exhibition on the ship where they were demonstrating the soon-to-be-built M25?

No...

The next clue is:

The ship exists in the USA but was a famous British Queen

Gutfright

Someone would probably have got it by now if this were the case, but did the QM have a miniature railway on board as it sailed round Cape Horn?

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Someone would probably have got it by now if this were the case, but did the QM have a miniature railway on board as it sailed round Cape Horn?

Not a railway, no - try bigger

Did they have fairground rides (carousel, dodgems or something) on the ship?

Nope
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Think, people, what the QM might have taken with her on her last trip

Darren R

Established Member
Given the change to HMS Ark Royal's status, I think we may be in for a long wait to find out the answer he was looking for.....;)

DaleCooper

Established Member
Given the change to HMS Ark Royal's status, I think we may be in for a long wait to find out the answer he was looking for.....;)

The chances are the answer would have been some misinformation from Fifteen to One so it's no great loss.

It had better be open floor, anybody got a question?

backontrack

Established Member
Rich men want this, poor men have this, and if you eat this, you will die.

This has a mouth but never eats, runs but never walks, and has a bed but never sleeps.

This gets wetter as it dries.

This travels around the world but always stays in the corner.

Now, in the words of Yoda: 'Solve these riddles all, you must'.

Gutfright

Does anyone know what happened to HMS Ark Royal?

I checked on Google, seems the answer he was looking for was that RMS Queen Mary carried two London buses for her final trip which passengers boarded so they could say that they had traveled round the Cape in a London Bus.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think it may have been a comment about the French on the football discussion. Not really sure though.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks. The question is: Where was the last person executed in Western Europe? What was the method? And what was the year?

DasLunatic

Is this the French execution of Hamida Djandoubi in 1977, using a guillotine?

If you're being picky however, it was in Marseille.

Last edited:

deltic1989

Established Member
Don't know if it was the last in Western Europe but certainly more recent than the uks final execution (which was 1964).

Hamida Djandoubi, was executed by guillotine for murder (among other things) in France in 1977.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Spot on Mr Lunatic, your turn. Sorry Mr Deltic, he got there first.