• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheshire Bus News (was East Cheshire Bus News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
On the 19 service, what is the replacement situation with regards to those destinations of Lees Lane and of McCanns, Bonis Hall Lane?

New 5 year contracts were out to tender starting on 24th October so it sounds like the route is going to be operated by a operator who doesn't use blue and orange buses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ag51ruk

On the Cheshire East website today, an announcement that Routemaster will not be operating any of their services from tomorrow. - D&G are picking up most of the tendered routes from Wednesday with some schools services operated by smaller operators or cancelled completely.

Perhaps they were hoping to win some of the recent tenders and didn't?

mikestone1952

Last week a Stanways Coach was setting down outside Crewe station with on hire to Routemaster Buses notices - I though perhaps it was because RM hadn't got a driver available for their early start.

pemma

Veteran Member
Some changes listed on the Cheshire East website applicable from the end of October:

130 Arriva Macclesfield - Manchester: route and timetable revised. Journeys to / from Manchester reduced to hourly with 30 minute frequency Macclesfield to Wilmslow.

1A, 1B D&G Bus Crewe - Nantwich: route and timetable revised, now serves Grand Junction Retail Park then Rail Station via Macon Way. Some journeys still operate via Edleston Road to the Rail Station.

12, 12E D&G Shavington - Crewe - Coppenhall - Leighton Hospital: 6E Sunday service cancelled and added to 12 registration as service 12E.

300 D&G Bus Knutsford Circular: timetable revised.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
EDIT: Just noticed D&G have added KX57 FMA, KX57 FMD, KX57 FMG, YX09 FMA, YX09 FME, YX09 FMF, YX09 FMG, YX09 FML, YX09 FMM and YX09 FMO to the fleet list on their website - they are all Enviro 200s and all allocated to Crewe.

There's a red Enviro 200 with a white roof on the 300 route today. I'm not sure which bus it is but I'm guessing it's one of the new additions.
Yellow and blue liveried Solo YJ08 PJV seen working route 42 (Crewe- Congleton) this morning. Presumably on loan, or bought by D&G, from Courtney Coaches.

Plain white Solo on the 300 today, after there's been a couple of D&G red Enviro 200s (with white roofs) on the 300 for the past week. If the reports about them losing the Beartown contracts to Hollinsheads Coaches are true and they haven't picked up any new contracts then I imagine any loaned vehicles will be returned and not replaced.

Reportedly Springfield/Howards have retained the 27 and 200 contracts and their leased Enviros will be returned and replaced by permanent additions to the fleet.
any news on who has won the P1 and 19 contracts?

Reported elsewhere High Peak are keeping the P1, while D&G are taking over the 87 & 88 routes but the 87 may become the 99 route instead!

No news on the 19, 42 and 78 routes.
D&G have updated their website to include contracted changes from 24th October: http://dgbus.co.uk/bus-times-in-cheshire.html

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanM1997

On the VOSA page, it states from 1st January 2017, the 85 Crewe-Newcastle service operated by D&G is cancelled. Does this mean no services to Crewe Hall, Weston or Madeley? Is there going to be a new operator (such as First extending the 25 Keele-Hanley service to Crewe)???

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
New 5 year contracts were out to tender starting on 24th October so it sounds like the route is going to be operated by a operator who doesn't use blue and orange buses.

Just seven days to go to see the commencement of my raised contentment level at what you said above will not be seen crashing down and wailing and gnashing of teeth will be the fate awaiting Prestbury village.

ag51ruk

D&G had a poster on my bus this morning looking for drivers, mentioning a possible new depot in the Northwich area as they are considering expanding into Cheshire West

martinsh

Established Member
On the VOSA page, it states from 1st January 2017, the 85 Crewe-Newcastle service operated by D&G is cancelled. Does this mean no services to Crewe Hall, Weston or Madeley? Is there going to be a new operator (such as First extending the 25 Keele-Hanley service to Crewe)???

Wonder if they are transferring the service between depots, and so are registering it under the licence in a different Traffic Area ?

pemma

Veteran Member
Just seven days to go to see the commencement of my raised contentment level at what you said above will not be seen crashing down and wailing and gnashing of teeth will be the fate awaiting Prestbury village.

An update has been posted in the GHA thread which led to it going off-topic after someone said why Orange and Blue buses are apparently unsuitable for Prestbury village.
D&G and High Peak have produced a joint timetable booklet for all their services in Cheshire East.

The 3 buses I've seen on the 88 route today have all been Solo SRs.

martinsh

Established Member
Mikro were running a 59 reg plain white Enviro 200 on the 39 today. Not mentioned elsewhere is that the route has changed, cutting out the diversion to Rope Surgery - thus it no longer goes past my house !

Also D & G have lost the Mon -Fri evening service 6E to Arriva.

Anyone seen what Hollinsheads are using in Congleton yet ?

pemma

Veteran Member
Mikro were running a 59 reg plain white Enviro 200 on the 39 today. Not mentioned elsewhere is that the route has changed, cutting out the diversion to Rope Surgery - thus it no longer goes past my house !

I heard for one route Cheshire East printed the timetable leaflet with the wrong route map - was it that route?
Not much competition for new Cheshire East contracts (including the replacement GHA contracts) in the Crewe and Nantwich areas but healthier competition further north with the exception of the 130:

Macclesfield to Manchester
Number of tenders received: 1
Winner: Arriva North West

Beartown
Number of tenders received: 2
Winner: Hollinshead Coaches

Nantwich to Alsager
Winner: D&G Bus

Leighton Hospital to Shavington

Congleton to Kidsgrove

Nantwich to Nantwich

Crewe to Congleton

Crewe to Nantwich
Number of tenders received: 3
Winner: Mikro Coaches

Crewe to Wistaston Green

Macclesfield to Crewe

Wilmslow to Manchester Airport
Number of tenders received: 4
Winner: Howards Travel Services

Knutsford to Altrincham via Wilmslow

Congleton to Macclesfield

Knutsford to Macclesfield
Winner: Howards Travel Services

Macclesfield to Bollington

Macclesfield to Prestbury and Hazel Grove to Poynton was won by a tender compromising both submitted by High Peak Buses. A total of 5 tenders were received for the two routes.

Adapted from http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:374810-2016:TEXT:EN:HTML&src=0

Last edited by a moderator:

martinsh

Established Member
Not mentioned elsewhere is that the route has changed, cutting out the diversion to Rope Surgery - thus it no longer goes past my house !

I heard for one route Cheshire East printed the timetable leaflet with the wrong route map - was it that route?

Well the bus was following the new route ! Otherwise I would have been able to get a photo.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Last edited:

darloscott

Also D & G have lost the Mon -Fri evening service 6E to Arriva.

Anyone seen what Hollinsheads are using in Congleton yet ?

Hollinsheads have two new 66 plate E200s for use in Congleton according to their Facebook page. I don't think they've operated service work before?

pemma

Veteran Member
D&G have this week decided to withdraw the Cheshire Travelcard discounts from the 56, 68, 75, 79, 83, 88 and 89 services but haven't briefed their drivers who keep thinking the ticket machines aren't responding by not giving the discounts. I'm not sure how they came up with those routes - they all seem to be subsided routes but the discounts are still available on other subsided routes such as the 32, 38 and 42 routes.

spargazer

Who operates the 88 Altrincham Wilmslow Knutsford now, unless Arriva have bright red buses?

pemma

Veteran Member
Post 795 contains all the recent contract changes. The emergency 12 week contracts following the collapse of GHA expired on 24th October.

martinsh

Established Member

It appears that this was an admin error by the Traffic Commissioners - route has NOT been cancelled.

pemma

Veteran Member
Where is this available to get hold of? Do buses have copies?

D&G drivers appear to have them as they have produced them when people have asked if they have a copy of the new timetable. They are available in both Knutsford and Wilmslow libraries so presumably libraries in towns like Macclesfield, Congleton, Sandbach, Crewe and Nantwich should have them as well.

Lynford1976

D&G drivers appear to have them as they have produced them when people have asked if they have a copy of the new timetable. They are available in both Knutsford and Wilmslow libraries so presumably libraries in towns like Macclesfield, Congleton, Sandbach, Crewe and Nantwich should have them as well.

Thank you. Picked up some copies in Knutsford Library this morning.
Also apologies if my original question sounded a little abrupt.

pemma

Veteran Member
Out of interest what do D&G use on the 1 and 8 routes now, given most of the 13 reg SRs are now used on the 88 route?

Status
Not open for further replies.