• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail's New Japenese-Hitachi-Built Class 385 102 Stabled At Gourock Railway Statio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnorail

https://goo.gl/7pNtZv - A link to 14 photographs on my website of which I took yesterday afternoon (Tuesday 10th January 2017) showing the first of ScotRail's new Japanese-Hitachi-built Class 385 train fleet - set number - 385 102, stabling at Gourock Railway Station, Gourock, Inverclyde, Scotland. The set will be detached from the locomotive which brought it in to the station on Saturday night and work under its own power for the first time in the early hours on Thursday morning, carrying out a test run to Bishopton Railway Station and back again to Gourock Railway Station. The set must complete 2,000 test run miles 'fault free' before being given the green light to enter passenger service with ScotRail. High speed testing will also happen in future months between Glasgow and Carlisle, something of which I'm looking forward to seeing and photographing.
--
Best Regards

Jonathan McGurk

Professional And Freelance Photographer

Website - www.jonathanmcgurkphotography.zenfolio.com

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
Some of the head-on pictures make it look like the machine that the Guild Navigator travelled in, as used in the film Dune.

dune-emperor-and-navigator-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.