• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can take between 3 weeks to 3 months for a yes or no reply at the sifting stage

Wow! Need to sit tight for a little (read: long) while yet then!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've received a email saying I've passed the paper shift and invited to a test centre on the 13 of Jan. Anyone else received this email also.

Many congrats, and best of luck at assessment! Do you mind me asking where you live, and on what date you submitted your application? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

East1991

East1991 what day did you apply?

I applied on the 17 of December

Many congrats, and best of luck at assessment! Do you mind me asking where you live, and on what date you submitted your application? Thanks!

Thanks mate I appreciate it. I applied on the 17 of December and I live in hackney.

Alchemist118

I applied for the role on the 7 December and haven't heard back from them. Maybe I'm just a little unlucky, as i have passed the tests last time.
Also from east London.

East1991

What test did you do on the day if you don't mind me asking. How many of you were there

Alchemist118

What test did you do on the day if you don't mind me asking. How many of you were there

I went for the crossrail, but the test will be similar i guess:
Group bourdon
Hazard perception
Situational (multiple choice)
2 hand
Fault finding
Hearing test, this was the hardest test as you have to count bleeps while they play other sound).
MMI

There was 30 candidates at the start, and after the first test 24 went home. Those tests were super hard...

Good luck

Sirgerbil

I went for the crossrail, but the test will be similar i guess:
Group bourdon
Hazard perception
Situational (multiple choice)
2 hand
Fault finding
Hearing test, this was the hardest test as you have to count bleeps while they play other sound).
MMI

There was 30 candidates at the start, and after the first test 24 went home. Those tests were super hard...

Good luck

ARL (Or LOROL when I did it) also do the VSE.

Alchemist118

ARL (Or LOROL when I did it) also do the VSE.

Yes, had to do the reaction test too. They do ask a lot for these roles but i guess they pay well. Also you have to be cautious with these companies as the waiting times can be very long and the post may disappear.

djsmith200

yep still waiting to hear!

iWantIn

Can someone post the job description and specification if they have it please i cannot find it anywhere online.

What was the training salary, first year salary, and the final salary?

Thanks in advance.

P.S LOROL/ARRIVA are one of the worst companies when it comes to replying back to applicants... from my experience with them if you haven't heard anything...well you get the picture...their funny.

Can someone post the job description and specification if they have it please i cannot find it anywhere online.

Sorry, I didn't take a copy of this when I applied, and it doesn't seem to be published in either of the public or applicant areas of the ARL website...

Gekko5154

@iWantin I have a screen snap and ill try posting it (haven't tried posting a pic on here before lol).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161221-121234.jpg
    Screenshot_20161221-121234.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 119

Alchemist118

Nothing, no response... May have to face the fact I was not successful.

However, there will be other opportunities.

Sugarpuff

I've passed everything with an enhanced pass last year so was wondering if the delay was due to them wanting to get the assessments out of the way first ..... you can only live and hope

CaseyJones

I've also passes all assessments with another TOC enhanced but was unsuccessful at the dmi. I've always hoped that when reapplying it was just the case of having an interview. I've yet to hear anything back from Arriva but by the sounds of it almost everyone on here is in the same boat. It can't mean that it's a 'no' can it? Could it be that the ones that have got a reply are for certain depots and they are doing it that way?

SheikG

I've also passes all assessments with another TOC enhanced but was unsuccessful at the dmi. I've always hoped that when reapplying it was just the case of having an interview. I've yet to hear anything back from Arriva but by the sounds of it almost everyone on here is in the same boat. It can't mean that it's a 'no' can it? Could it be that the ones that have got a reply are for certain depots and they are doing it that way?

I'm in the same situation. Went as far as DMI.. Although I did read that Arrival have their own SJTs so IF we were successful in the application we wouldn't go straight into interview. Don't know what to make of it.. just waiting for now

CaseyJones

Hmnn yeah did cross my mind that they might look more favourably on others that pass the assessment with Arriva themselves. Who knows?

East1991

I did my assessment centre today at Swiss cottages. Just wondering if anyone else attended and how it went.

East1991

We don't get our result until next week. We did the group bourbon, TEA, fault finding and then SItuation job questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.