• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does guarantee cover Underground delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdrennan

If I suffer delays on the Tube travelling to Euston and miss my connection then will I be covered to travel later (Advance ticket Euston -Glasgow) oyster on Tube

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
It depends. If you are simply doing a tube journey from one tube station to Euston tube, and your only National Rail ticket is your Euston-Glasgow ticket, then no. Although, if there is major disruption on the tube, you may be able to persuade the Euston ticket office to authorise travel on a later Euston-Glasgow train. (If this is your situation, next time consider buying an Advance from your London travelcard zone to Glasgow: they are normally the price of the Euston-Glasgow advance with an add-on for the single tube trip.)

If your tube journey is part of a through journey that started on National Rail, and was fully ticketed through to Euston (e.g. Woking to London Zone 1, not merely Woking to London Terminals), then having split your tickets should not prevent the "guarantee" applying so long as you allowed the required minimum time for the cross-London tube transfer.

And some on this forum would say that your Euston-Glasgow ticket, combined with e.g. a Woking-London Terminals ticket, should be enough (if you left the minimum time for the tube transfer from Waterloo or wherever).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If I suffer delays on the Tube travelling to Euston and miss my connection then will I be covered to travel later (Advance ticket Euston -Glasgow) oyster on Tube
What is your full journey itinerary?

Trackman

Established Member
If you ask nicely and explain the circumstances, they might endorse your ticket.
It's happened to me before, no sob story or ranting, just explain.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This has happened to me twice, I have just been dot the Virgin desk at Euston and they have endorsed my ticket no prob.
Without knowing the details I cannot say if you were shown discretion or simply treated correctly.

sdrennan

My planned journey is Finchley central underground on Northern line to Euston.
Then on Virgin - Euston to Glasgow advance ticket. It is an early train so cant build to much buffer time to arrive at Euston earlier

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As the journey starts on a non-National Rail mode on a non-National Rail ticket, you are not covered. In practice, discretion may be shown, and is more likely to be given if you allowed plenty of time and/or if major delays occurred. If the ticket office won't endorse the ticket, ask the Guard before boarding (if you can).

Romilly

Established Member
It is an early train so can't build too much buffer time to arrive at Euston earlier

According to Traveline, the first tube from Finchley Central to Euston is at 0531. If that is going to cause problems if it is delayed, then for an earlier departure use the N20 night bus which runs every 30 minutes (leaving Stop D at Finchley Central at --14 and --44) and takes about 25 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.