• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieoz

Good luck to all of you guys starting tomorrow, I know you will be busy but would love it if you could give an update on how things went. Hope to meet you all soon even if I don't know those who comment on here

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Davysera

Hi guys,

Contract signed and sent!
Thank you Arriva for this great opportunity!
Special thanks for all people that helped me with support and info!
Good luck for the rest!

TTDARL

I am due to start with Arriva Rail London as a trainee train driver on 03/04/2017. Can anyone tell me the approximate take home pay a month / 4 weekly as a trainee driver on the reduced salary (£26,919) after all of the basic deductions? Thanks.

Driver_Shez

Just wanted to say how helpful all the information is on this forum, which depot will you be located at TTDRL?

Take home pay should be about £1789.34 hth.

Last edited:

TTDARL

Driver_shez. All the info on this site has certainly helped me in getting the job. I'll be Willesden Junction eventually. Same for you?

Driver_Shez

Fingers crossed I will be starting 8th May at New cross gate depot! Just awaiting my back checks and medical to be cleared.

TTDARL

It appears there are quite a few intakes this year... March, April & May so far....

Fingers crossed for you... your through the worst though .... psychometrics & interviews!!

Driver_Shez

It appears there are quite a few intakes this year... March, April & May so far....

Fingers crossed for you... your through the worst though .... psychometrics & interviews!!

Yes it was intense, especially the waiting game! Hope to meet you in person!

TTDARL

I have some colleagues that want to apply but ARL recruitment state that their are no plans for further recruitment as yet. You should register for job alerts so that you are informed as soon as vacancies appear.

Seaza

According to ASLEF new pay deal need to be agreed from 01.04.2017.
Anyone any info?

Pfffffffft, I think you might have overestimated ARLs senior management on that point.

What i mean is......"It hasn't started yet and won't start for another two weeks"

Davysera

Pfffffffft, I think you might have overestimated ARLs senior management on that point.

What i mean is......"It hasn't started yet and won't start for another two weeks"

Just because people started talking money....
Anyway all newbies here including me are very far from this money and this is the last thing we have to be concerned about!
Ahead are many months of learning and training and we have to concentrate on this if we want to become train drivers first!

Driver_Shez

Just because people started talking money....
Anyway all newbies here including me are very far from this money and this is the last thing we have to be concerned about!
Ahead are many months of learning and training and we have to concentrate on this if we want to become train drivers first!

Exactly, I will be focused on completing the training and becoming a competant driver before I take any notice of money/salary talk!

Driver_Shez

Thanks mate, I come from a varied background in management for children with disablilites and finance. Had enough of the office politics and was always interested in the aviation and locomotive industry! So here I am luckily!

stevieoz

Well after over 2 years of applying I start work tomorrow, been in my current position for over 12 years now. Really excited and nervous but so thankful for the opportunity.

Anybody else starting tomorrow?

Davysera

Well after over 2 years of applying I start work tomorrow, been in my current position for over 12 years now. Really excited and nervous but so thankful for the opportunity.

Anybody else starting tomorrow?

Hi Stevieoz,

I start tomorrow!

Very excited, but nervous..?!?..Heya our assessments and interviews
are past! Now hard work and learning something we dreamed of!!!!
I am very happy and finally this moment arrived!

Tron81

I have some colleagues that want to apply but ARL recruitment state that their are no plans for further recruitment as yet. You should register for job alerts so that you are informed as soon as vacancies appear.

Are there still people who have applied last December and still have had nothing back after the original online assessment SJT?

332 > 444

Are there still people who have applied last December and still have had nothing back after the original online assessment SJT?

Yes but I don't care lol as I'll never get shortlisted as Chingford is my closest depot and fully staffed, oh and I got offered GTR at KX, still awaiting my outcome of GA too.

Thomas choo

I still haven't heard a thing regarding my application. When I spoke to them they said it could take up to four months which by my calculations would be on the 11th of this mo th so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

geordieboy88

I still haven't heard a thing regarding my application. When I spoke to them they said it could take up to four months which by my calculations would be on the 11th of this mo th so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Likewise, I received the same response when I enquired......

Status
Not open for further replies.