• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

DaleCooper

Established Member
Nothing you made it up? Is it my floor? :D Otherwise not a clue. Ha ha.

I didn't make it up although someone must have.

This is probably nonsense, but I'm sure I recall some survey being carried out whereby people counted the number of insects squashed on the front of their cars.

No but that's the sort of image that came into my mind when I first saw the word, another image was one I don't care to divulge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theageofthetra

On Moderation
It's something to do with Astronomy but can't remember the details. Possibly how star maps can look like splattered paint?

DaleCooper

Established Member
Complete guess but... the event where the Moon crashes into the Earth

Wow, that's one event I wouldn't want to miss. When is it? Are tickets on sale yet?

As this is proving difficult here's another hint:

Splatalogue is a portmanteau of three words of "Sp...", "L..." and "...atalogue" ("Catalogue" in case you hadn't guessed) so you just need to work out what the other two words are.

me123

Established Member
I should have got that a lot sooner.

Who are the mythological characters depicted in this sculpture?

34px6r6.png

Last edited:

me123

Established Member
Are they Posh and Becks?

I wouldn't put it past them to have a replica made with their faces on it, but thankfully they haven't (to my knowledge) and this isn't it.

Wills & kate ?

He wishes he had that much hair.

Orpheus and Eurydice?

Nope, although quite close with the family tree.

OK, time for a clue.

Looking at the sculpture, you can see that the female character is escaping her male pursuer. You can also see that she is being transformed into a laurel tree.