• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

mullin

As this site has helped me out quite a bit I thought I'd share one back. I signed into my Nector account this morning and saw an offer with TV West Coast

1,000 bonus points when you buy a reduced £10 ticket between London and Manchester/Preston/Chester with Virgin Trains.
"Bookings must be made between the 27 April - 2 May, for travel between 29 April - 14 May"

https://www.nectar.com/offers/64B0F00241

Hope someone can make good use of this!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I have a code for 15% off a VTWC Advance ticket (single or return) for up to 4 people. No railcard discount allowed so useless to me, PM if wanted.

breadfan

Northern £10 day rover tickets are making a comeback for a couple of months.

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/jpress

Hop on and off all day long. Kids go half price*
To qualify for this special offer, simply collect 2 tokens from your*local newspaper, printed until Saturday 20 May 2017, complete the correct on-line form, download the form and buy your tickets from any staffed ticket office.
You can travel anywhere on the Northern network using Northern services. Hop on and off all day long. Visit Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Southport, Sheffield, York and more with Northern.
2 tokens allow you to buy up to 4 Northern only Day Ranger tickets or Weekend Rover tickets which must all be used on the same day or weekend (depending on the ticket chosen). Travel is available between Monday 8 May - Sunday 9 July 2017 (excluding 27 May and 4 June 2017).

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Could anyone actually find the pdf form ? I couldn't see where you download it from the site.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
It seems as though the SWT £13 Promo Day Single tickets will be returning from Friday 19 May until Friday 14 July. No information on the SWT website yet, not sure if there are any excluded dates (though the spring half term - 27 May to 4 June - appears to be included).

Dhassell

I am interested in the Northern Rail £10 offer.

As I reside in Scotland, are there any recommendations of which rag for me to order online?

According to when I asked Nothern it was a no, which is quite annoying!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I don't really see why they have to exclude school holidays anyway. Surely they could just make it exclusive of any other discounts such as family railcards and groupsaves etc.

crehld

Established Member

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I don't really see why they have to exclude school holidays anyway. Surely they could just make it exclusive of any other discounts such as family railcards and groupsaves etc.

Those are excluded anyway...

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
No point filling the train up with £10 rovers when you can fill it with full fare tickets. School holidays means some routes will be monumentally busy - I've been on Blackpools that are standing room only after leaving Manchester.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
No point filling the train up with £10 rovers when you can fill it with full fare tickets. School holidays means some routes will be monumentally busy - I've been on Blackpools that are standing room only after leaving Manchester.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I wouldn't have such a red special offers if this country had a decent railcard option in the first place.

fireftrm

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I wouldn't have such a red special offers if this country had a decent railcard option in the first place.
Not a broken record, just an idealist rather than a realist. Why would anyone offer a railcard that gave such huge discounts? Offer like this are to fill seats that aren't already and the railcards sold are to fill gaps in the market and will always be targetted and not generic. Live with it.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Not a broken record, just an idealist rather than a realist. Why would anyone offer a railcard that gave such huge discounts? Offer like this are to fill seats that aren't already and the railcards sold are to fill gaps in the market and will always be targetted and not generic. Live with it.

Except everywhere else in Europe so it seems.

Once again, I refer the honourable gentleman to the Railfutire study on the subject, which calculated that a National railcard would actually increase revenue.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Have been looking forward to this £10 offer for a while, got quite a lot of days to kill from mid June onwards - perfect timing :D

djpontrack

Have been looking forward to this £10 offer for a while, got quite a lot of days to kill from mid June onwards - perfect timing :D

Same here. I was beginning to think that Northern had forgotten about this. I'm going to try and red pen my last few Northern units which are all electric. :D

firespire

https://www.gwr.com/senior

offer available for purchase from 00:01 on Wednesday 3 May 2017 until 23:59 on Friday 2 June 2017

offer available for travel from Thursday 4 May 2017 until Thursday 20 July 2017 inclusive

50% discount offer is made up of the 34% Railcard discount plus an extra 16% off selected GWR Standard Class Advance Single fares to holders of a valid Senior Railcard

the 50% discount is also valid on selected GWR Standard Class Advance Single fares to HM Forces Railcard holders and up to 1 accompanying adult with a Disabled Persons Railcard

hassaanhc

Established Member
Likewise for 16-25 railcard

https://www.gwr.com/student

Enjoy 50% off this summer

Book before 2 June and enjoy half price train travel.

We’d like to get you in a sunny mood by offering you an online exclusive.

Use the ‘book now’ button below with a 16-25 Railcard and you’ll get 50% off Advance Single fares to some great destinations like London, South Wales and the South West.

Just travel before 20 July 2017. So whether you’re going home from uni, meeting up with friends or heading off to a festival, now’s the time to book your train tickets and get a huge 50% off.

Book as many times as you like using the link below – so let the adventures begin!

If you haven’t got a 16-25 Railcard, or your last one has expired, no problem. Just get a new 1-year Railcard now and then come back to book your tickets. Have a great summer!

Karl

On Moderation
I am interested in the Northern Rail £10 offer.

As I reside in Scotland, are there any recommendations of which rag for me to order online?

I've just picked up a copy of the Lancashire Evening Post this morning and I can verify that the tokens are the same as the last offer. I still have 20 tokens left over, so if you PM me your address I'll send a couple up to Glasgow, post free, if you're still interested. ;)

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I've just picked up a copy of the Lancashire Evening Post this morning and I can verify that the tokens are the same as the last offer. I still have 20 tokens left over, so if you PM me your address I'll send a couple up to Glasgow, post free, if you're still interested. ;)

That is very kindly and much appreciated.

However, the forum is not letting me send you a PM.

Thank you very much for doing that.

Last edited: