• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

THAMESLINK services to Kent and Sussex routes 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barn

Established Member
Guess they've decided they can cross 4tph in front of the Cannon Street ups.. good luck?

I'm not moaning, because I benefit from 2 of those 4tph, but this criss-crossing really does seem to be contrary to the main aim of building a whacking great flyover there in the first place.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Note that the 2tph towards New Cross don't have to cross the trains from the Greenwich line, they can crossover parallel with them. The plan is to make use of this for these services from what I've seen.

Although note it is also possible for the trains towards New Cross to go directly onto the Down Kent Fast via Line 4 all the way to New Cross without conflicting with anything coming from the platform lines at New Cross.

You must get a real feeling of deja vu with your helpful posts. If only people would read the thread...

Here's a similar reply from page 3: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2598762&postcount=34

Last edited:

ijmad

Established Member
I thought it was mentioned in the first few days this thread was running?

Thanks. It's sometimes hard to read and hold the entire content of a 30 page thread in one's mind when only a casual level railfan. :oops:

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Note that the 2tph towards New Cross don't have to cross the trains from the Greenwich line, they can crossover parallel with them. The plan is to make use of this for these services from what I've seen.

Although note it is also possible for the trains towards New Cross to go directly onto the Down Kent Fast via Line 4 all the way to New Cross without conflicting with anything coming from the platform lines at New Cross.

For trains coming from Greenwich/New Cross to Thameslink, the Southwark Reversible dive under only avoids conflicts with Down services from Thameslink towards Sussex.

Platform lines at New Cross to Thameslink can only be done in parallel with something from Thameslink to Greenwich or back to the platform lines at New Cross, not from Thameslink directly to the Fast Lines.

louis97

Established Member
For trains coming from Greenwich/New Cross to Thameslink, the Southwark Reversible dive under only avoids conflicts with Down services from Thameslink towards Sussex.

Platform lines at New Cross to Thameslink can only be done in parallel with something from Thameslink to Greenwich or back to the platform lines at New Cross, not from Thameslink directly to the Fast Lines.

This is correct, I was specifically replying to ijmad regarding the down Thameslink services crossing Up Cannon Street services and the options available in that case.

You must get a real feeling of deja vu with your helpful posts. If only people would read the thread...

Here's a similar reply from page 3: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2598762&postcount=34

:lol: Well spotted!

Heard some people complaining that journey times were up to 30% slower into London for stations between St Albans and Bedford but looking at the proposed timetable and comparing it to the old one I cannot see this. It still seems to take 22 mins from STA to STP and approx an hour from Bedford.

Status
Not open for further replies.