• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR online assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyhobbs

I failed the dfft paper test for GTR, they said this test was only recognised with GTR. Does this mean I haven't lost one of my two strikes? I passed the rest of the paper test.
Will I only have to retake the dfft test then the computer tests?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
I failed the dfft paper test for GTR, they said this test was only recognised with GTR. Does this mean I haven't lost one of my two strikes? I passed the rest of the paper test.
Will I only have to retake the dfft test then the computer tests?

Yes mate that's all correct not part of two strikes and if you passed all paper tests then only computer ones to do after dfft of course

CaseyJones

Hi all,
As of today i have been sent via email written confirmation and a contract stating that i will be due to start at Thameslink next month. I had my medical last week (and a follow up eye re-test!) and my DMI was in June. I was told over the phone my depot would be Cricklewood however contract states Blackfriars, is anyone else in the same boat as me? Start date is 16th August.

Wasn't too sure what thread to post in as there are a couple of GTR ones however i've seen most trainees will be based at Ashford/Bedfordshire (not too sure if that's just this thread or not). Just wanted to find out if anyone has the same start date and just a quick thanks to all in this forum for the help and advice along the way, its been invaluable.

I didn't post earlier because i had a DMI with another TOC not long before
GTR/TL got in touch with me. I was successful with both and it just so happens TL got back to me first. As crazy as it sounds i thought somehow i could jeopardize both by even having two interviews and/or medicals in short succession (medical dates clashing or something like that was going thourgh my mind!)it seems GTR made the decision easier for me and got back to me first about medical!

baz962

Established Member
Hi all,
As of today i have been sent via email written confirmation and a contract stating that i will be due to start at Thameslink next month. I had my medical last week (and a follow up eye re-test!) and my DMI was in June. I was told over the phone my depot would be Cricklewood however contract states Blackfriars, is anyone else in the same boat as me? Start date is 16th August.

Wasn't too sure what thread to post in as there are a couple of GTR ones however i've seen most trainees will be based at Ashford/Bedfordshire (not too sure if that's just this thread or not). Just wanted to find out if anyone has the same start date and just a quick thanks to all in this forum for the help and advice along the way, its been invaluable.

I didn't post earlier because i had a DMI with another TOC not long before
GTR/TL got in touch with me. I was successful with both and it just so happens TL got back to me first. As crazy as it sounds i thought somehow i could jeopardize both by even having two interviews and/or medicals in short succession (medical dates clashing or something like that was going thourgh my mind!)it seems GTR made the decision easier for me and got back to me first about medical!
Hi mate do you think they will need any at bedford depot as I live there . Also why did you have follow up eye test

bILLOO

No chance for Bedford, mate. Luton is closest but nobody knows if they'll require trainees there or not. You'll probably get Welwyn or Cricklewood?

baz962

Established Member
No chance for Bedford, mate. Luton is closest but nobody knows if they'll require trainees there or not. You'll probably get Welwyn or Cricklewood?

On his post he said bedfordshire but I didnt think luton was a depot yet

CaseyJones

Hi mate do you think they will need any at bedford depot as I live there . Also why did you have follow up eye test

Have you spoken to HR yet? If they say Ashford then i can only assume so, although like i said i was told Cricklewood but my contract says Blackfriars unless that's maybe where the training is based i haven't delved too much into the contract and all the attachments yet.

With regards to the medical i had a mini nightmare. Firstly I passed the medical and left the building thinking so, only to be told a few days later i had failed on long distance sight with glasses. I was just due to go on holiday as well and wanted the medical all wrapped up before then so i could really enjoy myself over in Barcelona! I had my eyes checked at the opticians and was told my prescription needed to be updated as my eyes had gotten slightly worst (i'm 25 and had a test just over a year ago i thought i was going blind!). I sent off for new glasses and re-booked a medical for a week later. Then at the seconded medical i had my new glasses on and they were barely any better i scraped past the eye sight test leaving the people there baffled as to why my eyesight with glasses still wasn't much better. Anyway i passed the medical but had to return the next day to Croydon (third trip in 1 week) after having my optician sign a sheet saying that my eye sight met the limit also. I also had another optician test me who actually has now changed my prescription to something else! So basically Specsavers could of done me in over this job entirely! Right at the last hurdle! Sorry for the rant but was really annoyed at this optician at the time:roll:

baz962

Established Member
Have you spoken to HR yet? If they say Ashford then i can only assume so, although like i said i was told Cricklewood but my contract says Blackfriars unless that's maybe where the training is based i haven't delved too much into the contract and all the attachments yet.

With regards to the medical i had a mini nightmare. Firstly I passed the medical and left the building thinking so, only to be told a few days later i had failed on long distance sight with glasses. I was just due to go on holiday as well and wanted the medical all wrapped up before then so i could really enjoy myself over in Barcelona! I had my eyes checked at the opticians and was told my prescription needed to be updated as my eyes had gotten slightly worst (i'm 25 and had a test just over a year ago i thought i was going blind!). I sent off for new glasses and re-booked a medical for a week later. Then at the seconded medical i had my new glasses on and they were barely any better i scraped past the eye sight test leaving the people there baffled as to why my eyesight with glasses still wasn't much better. Anyway i passed the medical but had to return the next day to Croydon (third trip in 1 week) after having my optician sign a sheet saying that my eye sight met the limit also. I also had another optician test me who actually has now changed my prescription to something else! So basically Specsavers could of done me in over this job entirely! Right at the last hurdle! Sorry for the rant but was really annoyed at this optician at the time:roll:
Its ok mate I go specsavers but my eyesight is only thing I am left worrying about I am better than 20/20 with glasses but poor without however my daughter works at specsavers and the optician said my eyesight is good enough and she thought they were only interested in corrected and that she would fill in form for me and my daughter said that they had a train driver customer who is almost blind without his glasses

CaseyJones

Its ok mate I go specsavers but my eyesight is only thing I am left worrying about I am better than 20/20 with glasses but poor without however my daughter works at specsavers and the optician said my eyesight is good enough and she thought they were only interested in corrected and that she would fill in form for me and my daughter said that they had a train driver customer who is almost blind without his glasses

I think if you wear glasses or contact lenses the limit without those on eye sight is fairly high. But yeah the optician told me the criteria for sight with glasses is well over the driving limit. I hope in two years when my next medical comes round my eyes don't get worst :oops: (Too much sitting in front of the TV!)

baz962

Established Member
I think if you wear glasses or contact lenses the limit without those on eye sight is fairly high. But yeah the optician told me the criteria for sight with glasses is well over the driving limit. I hope in two years when my next medical comes round my eyes don't get worst :oops: (Too much sitting in front of the TV!)

What you mean if you wear glasses or lenses the limit without is high I dont get that lol

CaseyJones

What you mean if you wear glasses or lenses the limit without is high I dont get that lol

So if you wear glasses you get tested on your eye sight with and without those glasses on. You have to meet a certain criteria and i would say that the criteria without glasses is fairly low (you can have bad eye sight and still be okay) but with glasses the standard is set high and your eye sight has to be pretty high to pass. You get it?;)

baz962

Established Member
So if you wear glasses you get tested on your eye sight with and without those glasses on. You have to meet a certain criteria and i would say that the criteria without glasses is fairly low (you can have bad eye sight and still be okay) but with glasses the standard is set high and your eye sight has to be pretty high to pass. You get it?;)

Oh well if thats the case im ok I got better than 20/20 with and im just on 6/60 without

barty1960

I used to work for Network Rail as a crossing keeper for 12 years.
I took voluntary redundancy.
I have a few times reapplied for the same position at the same location and the last time I got to Under Consideration for assessment 2 but didn't even get an interview.
I have since found out it's because my assessment score was not in the top 6.
Does anyone know if I could have been interviewed by the Line Manager?

rwalk365

I've still not heard anything, she said she'd let me know by the end of last week or this week, think she said that they're discussing more start dates, so feel like it's gonna be a long wait unfortunately. But then George999 you're MMI was same date as mine I think and you've got your medical booked, does anyone know if it's done on a score base so top scorers get picked first bottom last?!

George999

I block a lot of spam numbers. What will the dialling code be?

The number will Start with 020 8929 ....

All interviews and medical are arranged through telephone calls and then you go online to confirm your attendance.

fastfall

I have passed my MMI and tests and was told within a few days that I would only have the DMI to pass before a medical. I had my DMI at Blackfriars over a week ago. The interviewers gave the impression I would hear within a couple of days but nothing yet. I just wondered if anyone else has had their DMI in the last couple of weeks and heard anything yet? The silence is killing me!

Need2

I have passed my MMI and tests and was told within a few days that I would only have the DMI to pass before a medical. I had my DMI at Blackfriars over a week ago. The interviewers gave the impression I would hear within a couple of days but nothing yet. I just wondered if anyone else has had their DMI in the last couple of weeks and heard anything yet? The silence is killing me!

I had my DMI earlier this year for another vacancy and it took 3 weeks to tell me I had passed, some people who had there DMI after me heard back before me!

Inamberclad

Nothing yet. If I've not heard by the end of August I'll give them another call. I hope they haven't filled all the vacancies because I turned down another job for this!

ninhog

OMG... I missed their call on the 25th July...

First thing I'm going to do tomorrow is call them back.

You've applied for what is your dream job and/or the job of a lifetime and knew you were waiting to hear back after an interview, yet you didn't answer some phone calls and/or didn't check your call log?

Seems like you want the job really bad...

George999

Had my medical today. All went well. Was told that everything was fine and clean bill of health. Got to wait until Thursday for them to send off the report to GTR so fingers crossed I hear by Friday of a start date ����
It's a very thorough health check but nothing to strenuous. Was in there 2 hours mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.