• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
Confusion with the EFL Cup as some teams were incorrectly announced as having away ties.

Also the supposedly 'regionalised' draw had Newport County in the North Section and Burton Albion in the South Section.

There's a 50/50 split of teams in the West Midlands in the North / South section, with West Brom and Aston Villa in the North section and Wolves and Birmingham City in the south

Gemz91

Confusion with the EFL Cup as some teams were incorrectly announced as having away ties.

Also the supposedly 'regionalised' draw had Newport County in the North Section and Burton Albion in the South Section.

There's a 50/50 split of teams in the West Midlands in the North / South section, with West Brom and Aston Villa in the North section and Wolves and Birmingham City in the south

Newport County had requested to play their second round League Cup game away from home before the draw was made, as they are relaying their pitch so wouldn't be able to play at home. As West Ham had already made the same request, to play away as their ground is being used for the Athletics Championship Newport were put in the northern section of the draw so they would not be drawn against West Ham, as neither could play at home.

Its a shame because Newport County would have been a new away ground for many Leeds fans.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Speaking of derbies, at least Plymouth Argyle don't play Exeter city in the league this season :D and it's great for me since PAFC have the upper ✋

Howardh

Established Member
Burnley beat the Champions away, Blackburn bottom of the Third Division*.
Years ago Blackburn were winning the First Division and around then Burnley were trying not to drop out of the league.

*They will always be Leagues 1 - 4 to me, no matter what the money boys want them called. And Gigg lane will always be Gigg lane and not the No Energy Whatsoever Stadium (no matter how true that is). Grrr.

familyguy99

Walsall 2-1 Oldham

Oldham lost for third game in seven day's as Walsall scored in 90th mins to ditch Oldham there first point of season. :(

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Barnsley (1) V Ipswich Town (2)

:|

(Also in relegation zone so far.)

I'm definitely rooting for your guys in the Championship this season, many similarities between both club and town. A shame the so-called big boys in that league poached so many of your players in January.

96tommy

Bradford Park Avenue 0-5 York City

My first match of the season and wow. 4-0 up at HT against a very dreadful BPA. Hopefully carry on the form from our last 2 games into a big match near the top vs Darlington.

J-2739

Established Member
I'm definitely rooting for your guys in the Championship this season, many similarities between both club and town. A shame the so-called big boys in that league poached so many of your players in January.

I know, it's really starting to show.

Though at least you guys are starting off pretty good; 3 nil! And you've just entered the Premier League (though I can't remember if you've been in it before).

Gemz91

Bradford Park Avenue 0-5 York City

My first match of the season and wow. 4-0 up at HT against a very dreadful BPA. Hopefully carry on the form from our last 2 games into a big match near the top vs Darlington.

Were there many there? Would have gone up but couldn't book it off work.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I know, it's really starting to show.

Though at least you guys are starting off pretty good; 3 nil! And you've just entered the Premier League (though I can't remember if you've been in it before).

Well, where to start? ;)

Huddersfield Town were the first team to win the League Title 3 seasons in succession in the 1920s. A feat which only Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United have matched and to this day nobody has beaten.

We were last in the top division in 1972, being relegated after going winless since the turn of that year. So it is our first season in the marketing farce that is the Premier League, but not the first time we've been the top team in the land!

Cletus

Established Member
Another good win for the newly reconstructed Dover Athletic team against a "BELT" (Big Ex-League Team) 1-0 over Wrexham.

Local derby Tuesday evening - away to Halifax :roll:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Another good win for Darlo v Alfreton coming from 1 -0 down to win 4-1! On to York on Tuesday night.

Non league Hartlepooh United lost again v the might of Maindenhead. HAHAHAHAHA! in 5 years we have closed the gap from 5 divisions to 5 places. Not laughing now are you monkey boys? Mind the gap.

Last edited:

96tommy

Another good win for Darlo v Alfreton coming from 1 -0 down to win 4-1! On to York on Tuesday night.

Non league Hartlepooh United lost again v the might of Maindenhead. HAHAHAHAHA! in 5 years we have closed the gap from 5 divisions to 5 places. Not laughing now are you monkey boys? Mind the gap.

Hartlepool might be doing a York if their form continues. Darlington and surprisingly Brackley setting the early form. Hopefully your good run comes to an end on Tuesday!

Drogba11CFC

Shortwood United 2...Winchester City 4 (L. Cox 77, Morris 89; Bailey 20, P. Cox 51, 56, 75)

Winchester City looked to put the disappointment of last season behind them as they travelled to Meadowbank to face a Shortwood side who looked to be in transition. The first half was fairly even, with the hosts hitting the post, before new signing Oli Bailey put the visitors ahead after running on to a long ball. Rob Flooks came close to doubling the lead as his header hit the post and Andy Jenkinson saw his effort ruled out for offside as City began to dominate. The second half saw City dominate as Pat Cox hit two in five minutes before completing his hat trick with fifteen minutes to go. Shortwood got back into the game with two consolation goals as the visitors took their foot off the gas but by then the points were secure, ensuring a very good start to the season.

Other Results:

AFC Totton 3...Barnstaple Town 1

Bideford 1...Didcot Town 0

Cinderford Town 1...Swindon Supermarine 1

Cirencester Town 0...Taunton Town 2

Kidlington 2...Yate Town 2

Larkhall Athletic 2...Evesham United 2

Mangotsfield United 0...Salisbury 5

North Leigh 2...Bristol Manor Farm 5

Paulton Rovers 1...Slimbridge 2

Wimborne Town 3...Bishops Cleeve 1

And in Wessex Division 1:

Alton 8 (EIGHT)...Ringwood Town 4

Cletus

Established Member
Hartlepool's new manager is from the Welsh League. Why did their board think that would be a good idea?

Gemz91

1100. 850 of those York fans

Awful attendance on Bradford's part. Just seen 845 away fans, 150 Bradford Season tickets sold. Not helped by Bradford councils insistence on making today's game all ticket. Sounds like Bradford's performance matched their support.

Good following from York though.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hartlepool might be doing a York if their form continues. Darlington and surprisingly Brackley setting the early form. Hopefully your good run comes to an end on Tuesday!

Brackley have a good team and have gone about their business very quietly over the last couple of seasons and tend to be a little under the radar. They finished 7th last season 3 points behind us in the last play off spot.

I will take a draw on Tuesday v a professional team away from home.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo Stik First Division North
Hyde United open this new season with an away match at Scarborough Athletic on their new ground in Scarborough. Scarborough were always a strong side to face last season, finishing in third place in the league, so it will be a match to give Hyde a real test of their squad. The Scarborough Athletic website reports this match will be an all-ticket fixture.

I am more than happy that such a difficult away match saw Hyde United achieve a goal-less draw there on Saturday.

Scotrail84

Established Member
Anyone at Ibrox yesterday?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was one of the lucky 1000 or so who had a ticket for the Hibs end to witness another 2-3, becoming a habit this. GIRUY