• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andreww1978

Anyone else heard yet?

I hope I get a response soon. I'm about to commit to a job that I don't particularly want because of waiting for this one.

I really want this ARL job.

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
You can't put your life on hold for any one job, especially if you haven't even been shortlisted yet. Even if you do eventually get invited to an assessment, there is no guarantee you will pass, and if you do pass everything you may have to wait several months to actually get a start date.

andreww1978

I haven't. I've been in work since applying for this job, and have already passed assessments some time back for another TOC.

However the job that I may be about to commit to is one of those which will want payment if I leave within a few years after training is completed. I don't really want that scenario to occur. But if it does, then ok.

I understand it takes time, I wish that it didn't!

Tron81

I haven't. I've been in work since applying for this job, and have already passed assessments some time back for another TOC.

However the job that I may be about to commit to is one of those which will want payment if I leave within a few years after training is completed. I don't really want that scenario to occur. But if it does, then ok.

I understand it takes time, I wish that it didn't!

Is it with another TOC?

I received an email on 20th July inviting me to assessment on 28th July but rejected the offer as had already got job offer from GTR

theking

Does anyone know if trainees (when passed out) are on exactly the same t&c as current drivers or are there specific ones for drivers recruited under Arriva e.g. more night turns?

Latecomer

Does anyone know if trainees (when passed out) are on exactly the same t&c as current drivers or are there specific ones for drivers recruited under Arriva e.g. more night turns?
Any new drivers recruited to New Cross Gate, Willesden or Euston are on exactly the same contracts as current drivers. Chingford (ex-Anglia are are on less pay but have different T&C's around Sunday's etc).

Both newly qualified and experienced drivers do exactly the same work, although at New Cross Gate newly qualified drivers now start in a small link with a few more Saturdays in, but progression out of this link normally happens after just a few months as drivers moving on free up spaces in the main links. The main thrust of your question - nights - is an unknown at the moment. Nights are still under negotiation. It is possible that a separate link could be started which is night/lates specific (only 2 full nights a week are proposed presently). If this happened there would probably be enough volunteers to fill a dedicated link, but failing that it is possible that newly qualified drivers could enter it at first. However, management/TfL appears to prefer all drivers contracted to do the same work. This is the most likely scenario (but I don't have crystal ball). Night work is likely to be spread across the links or it could be that one 'super link' is created where everyone follows the same pattern. In the case of separate links it is possible a newly qualified might get more night work and/or Saturdays. It is extra Saturdays that is causing all the fuss right now.

The simple reality is that the ELL is becoming a 24 hr service at weekends and it will be to the detriment of all drivers who currently work roughly one out of every two weekends.

choochoochoo

Established Member
If anyone else is still waiting for a reply and interested in progress of applications, I got my thanks but no thanks email from these guys yesterday.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Did anybody get a positive response ?

I think they may have realised there were no more vacancies

atochopefull

I also got the thanks but no thanks. And I had previously passed Stage 1 when they were LOROL. Very frustrating, but not totally surprising.

332 > 444

If anyone else is still waiting for a reply and interested in progress of applications, I got my thanks but no thanks email from these guys yesterday.

Ditto, I just laughed as I completely forgot about it! Ah well, on to the next..........oh wait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.