• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

jobs with 1st class priv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavan

Just this really. What sort of level of rail jobs come with a 1st class priv card? I know in br jobs it was ms grades but what about it todays tocs?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
Just this really. What sort of level of rail jobs come with a 1st class priv card? I know in br jobs it was ms grades but what about it todays tocs?

Where I work, I think it's only equivalent to EG grades that get run-of-the-mill first class TOC passes (us mortals have a fixed quota of weekend first). For 'priv' (on other TOCs) it might just be protected staff who were already eligible.

LowLevel

Established Member
Our TOC gives all grades with 15 years service first class passes. Otherwise Group TOC only passes tend to be the level above junior manager and up with only protected senior grades having access to a fixed quota of silver and gold passes. I don't think blue regional passes have new issues now.

Naturally in my experience despite not permitting all staff travel facilities, executives and directors funnily enough seem to gain complimentary passes as they require from other TOCs.

Would imagine it will be irrelevent within a decade as the number of tocs removing/reducing first class seems to be increasing.

PudseyBearHST

Our TOC gives all grades with 15 years service first class passes. Otherwise Group TOC only passes tend to be the level above junior manager and up with only protected senior grades having access to a fixed quota of silver and gold passes. I don't think blue regional passes have new issues now.

Naturally in my experience despite not permitting all staff travel facilities, executives and directors funnily enough seem to gain complimentary passes as they require from other TOCs.

Thats rather generous and nice. Only ever got standard class all my life....:lol:

PudseyBearHST

Do remember that some TOCs also have something called 'Standard +' which means that you get standard class all the time and first class off peak.

Worldwide

My partner works for Virgin Trains and they get free first class class travel at all times after 5 years service.

PudseyBearHST

You are (if I remember correctly) round about university age, so I wouldn't worry, you've got time yet!

That's correct (it's on my profile information)! Unfortunately, that also means it will not be long before I lose my facilities because I can't be a dependent forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.