RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railway Jobs & Careers

Old 16th July 2017, 18:02   #1
steveo43

Default Ticket Examiner GWR London Paddington.

Hi,
does anyone know what roughly the T.Es earn on GWR Paddington based? Also would anyone have any idea why GWR are advertising the roles only on a fixed term contract? I know there lots of changes taking place over the next couple of years and probably guessed that this woukd be the main reason. Also does GWR still have Revenue Protection Officers or has that role disappeared? Many thanks in advance for any replies.
steveo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 16th July 2017, 21:01   #2
PudseyBearHST

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo43 View Post
Hi,
does anyone know what roughly the T.Es earn on GWR Paddington based? Also would anyone have any idea why GWR are advertising the roles only on a fixed term contract? I know there lots of changes taking place over the next couple of years and probably guessed that this woukd be the main reason. Also does GWR still have Revenue Protection Officers or has that role disappeared? Many thanks in advance for any replies.
They were actually initially advertising for both Fixed Term Contract (FTC) Ticket examiners for one year as well as Full time (permanent) Ticket examiners as I checked a few days ago (both at London Paddington). So assumably they have had either enough applicants for the Full-time Ticket Examiners position or this was a mistake.

Last edited by PudseyBearHST; 17th July 2017 at 13:30. Reason: removed wrong information ;)
PudseyBearHST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 09:14   #3
tiptoptaff

Ticket examiners are NOT RPOs. They have the same ticket powers as a Guard, just no safety critical training. Pay is nowhere near 25k, more like 21-22k
tiptoptaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 13:28   #4
PudseyBearHST

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoptaff View Post
Ticket examiners are NOT RPOs. They have the same ticket powers as a Guard, just no safety critical training. Pay is nowhere near 25k, more like 21-22k
Thanks for correcting me.
PudseyBearHST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 20:36   #5
Sprinter153

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoptaff View Post
TEs are also trained to issue Penalty Fares which Guards are not.

As well as the headline salary they earn commission of 5% on tickets sold through a mobile TIS (not PFs or Unpaid Fare Notices). Guards at my depot (HSS) are on approx 14k more per annum (basic) but I know some TEs that earn more than that taking into account commission and overtime.
Sprinter153 is offline   Reply With Quote