RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables

Old 26th June 2017, 17:59   #391
Barn
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijmad View Post
Guess they've decided they can cross 4tph in front of the Cannon Street ups.. good luck?
I'm not moaning, because I benefit from 2 of those 4tph, but this criss-crossing really does seem to be contrary to the main aim of building a whacking great flyover there in the first place.
Old 26th June 2017, 18:05   #392
swt_passenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis97 View Post
Note that the 2tph towards New Cross don't have to cross the trains from the Greenwich line, they can crossover parallel with them. The plan is to make use of this for these services from what I've seen.

Although note it is also possible for the trains towards New Cross to go directly onto the Down Kent Fast via Line 4 all the way to New Cross without conflicting with anything coming from the platform lines at New Cross.
You must get a real feeling of deja vu with your helpful posts. If only people would read the thread...

Here's a similar reply from page 3: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost...2&postcount=34

Last edited by swt_passenger; 26th June 2017 at 18:06.
swt_passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 18:42   #393
ijmad

Quote:
Originally Posted by swt_passenger View Post
I thought it was mentioned in the first few days this thread was running?
Thanks. It's sometimes hard to read and hold the entire content of a 30 page thread in one's mind when only a casual level railfan.
ijmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 18:42   #394
Ianno87
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis97 View Post
Note that the 2tph towards New Cross don't have to cross the trains from the Greenwich line, they can crossover parallel with them. The plan is to make use of this for these services from what I've seen.

Although note it is also possible for the trains towards New Cross to go directly onto the Down Kent Fast via Line 4 all the way to New Cross without conflicting with anything coming from the platform lines at New Cross.
For trains coming from Greenwich/New Cross to Thameslink, the Southwark Reversible dive under only avoids conflicts with Down services from Thameslink towards Sussex.

Platform lines at New Cross to Thameslink can only be done in parallel with something from Thameslink to Greenwich or back to the platform lines at New Cross, not from Thameslink directly to the Fast Lines.
Old 26th June 2017, 18:56   #395
louis97
Plymouth,This is Plymouth
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianno87 View Post
For trains coming from Greenwich/New Cross to Thameslink, the Southwark Reversible dive under only avoids conflicts with Down services from Thameslink towards Sussex.

Platform lines at New Cross to Thameslink can only be done in parallel with something from Thameslink to Greenwich or back to the platform lines at New Cross, not from Thameslink directly to the Fast Lines.
This is correct, I was specifically replying to ijmad regarding the down Thameslink services crossing Up Cannon Street services and the options available in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swt_passenger View Post
You must get a real feeling of deja vu with your helpful posts. If only people would read the thread...

Here's a similar reply from page 3: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost...2&postcount=34
Well spotted!
Old 1st July 2017, 16:24   #396
Trainspotter74

Heard some people complaining that journey times were up to 30% slower into London for stations between St Albans and Bedford but looking at the proposed timetable and comparing it to the old one I cannot see this. It still seems to take 22 mins from STA to STP and approx an hour from Bedford.
Trainspotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote