RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railway Jobs & Careers

Old 13th August 2017, 16:04   #841
nom de guerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnet_ranger View Post
I read on another website last night that the Bognor box is scheduled to close in 2018 and for control to transfer to Three Bridges. Can anyone confirm if this is still the intention?
No, it isn't. The 'Section C' part of that site is well-intentioned, but often inaccurate.

The Bognor-area boxes should remain unchanged until Control Period 7 at the earliest. And, as Sunset says, if/when funding is found, a resignalling scheme may see relocation to a 'sub-ROC' at Barnham, rather than TBROC.

A fairly ageing workforce too, which is likely to benefit new entrants. Eight-hour roster, though.
nom de guerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 13th August 2017, 17:25   #842
kimflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nom de guerre View Post
No, it isn't. The 'Section C' part of that site is well-intentioned, but often inaccurate.
Extremely inaccurate.
kimflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 16:20   #843
Sinistah

Not sure if this has been answered but what stations does Three Bridges ASC signal box operate? Please direct me to an answer if there already is one on here.

Cheers in advance
Sinistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 18:25   #844
Sunset route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistah View Post
Not sure if this has been answered but what stations does Three Bridges ASC signal box operate? Please direct me to an answer if there already is one on here.

Cheers in advance
TBASC geographical coverage.

Anerley fringe with Three Bridges ROC (TL), Bromley Junction fringe (exclusive) with Victoria ASC (VC), Thornton Heath fringe (inclusive) with Three Bridges ROC (TVC), Waddon fringe (inclusive) with Victoria ASC (VC), Upper Warlilingam fringe with Oxted (OD), Caterham Branch, Tattenham Corner Branch, Godstone fringe with Ashford IECC (AD), Reigate fringe (exclusive) with Reigate (RG), Cooksbridge fringe (exclusive) with Lewes (LW), Falmer Tunnel fringe (inclusive) with Lewes (LW), Aldrington fringe with Lacing (LG), Betchworth Tunnel fringe with Dorking (CBK) and finally North Stoke Tunnel fringe (inclusive) with Arundel (AR).
Old 15th August 2017, 20:55   #845
linnet_ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset route View Post
TBASC geographical coverage.

Anerley fringe with Three Bridges ROC (TL), Bromley Junction fringe (exclusive) with Victoria ASC (VC), Thornton Heath fringe (inclusive) with Three Bridges ROC (TVC), Waddon fringe (inclusive) with Victoria ASC (VC), Upper Warlilingam fringe with Oxted (OD), Caterham Branch, Tattenham Corner Branch, Godstone fringe with Ashford IECC (AD), Reigate fringe (exclusive) with Reigate (RG), Cooksbridge fringe (exclusive) with Lewes (LW), Falmer Tunnel fringe (inclusive) with Lewes (LW), Aldrington fringe with Lacing (LG), Betchworth Tunnel fringe with Dorking (CBK) and finally North Stoke Tunnel fringe (inclusive) with Arundel (AR).
Very interesting reading! May I ask, when Barnham SB was closed, where did control for the Barnham area go to? Also, is Ford looked after by Arundel? Sorry for being such a nosey parker.
linnet_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 22:23   #846
Sunset route

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnet_ranger View Post
Very interesting reading! May I ask, when Barnham SB was closed, where did control for the Barnham area go to? Also, is Ford looked after by Arundel? Sorry for being such a nosey parker.
Barnham was a like for like replacement from lever frame signalbox to a modern panel box just across the tracks and Ford comes under Arundel panel.

Local boxes in the area are

Coastway West; Littlehampton (lever frame), Arundel (NX panel), Barnham (NX panel), Bognor Regis (lever frame) and Chichester (NX panel).

Coastway East; Newhaven Harbour (lever frame), Newhaven Town (IFS panel), Lewes (NX panel) and Lancing (3 NX panels, two signallers and one crossing keeper).
Old 18th August 2017, 00:02   #847
linnet_ranger

Ended up applying for both the Grade 5 at Bognor Regis (preferred option) and the Grade 6 relief at Arundel. Had to sit an additional test (verbal reasoning) for the Arundel post on top of the two I sat for Bognor Regis.

They both closed on Thursday. When I spoke to the Network Rail recruitment team, they said online tests could still be done by other applicants in the next week and that I should allow up to 6 weeks to hear about whether or not I have been chosen for interview.

Fingers crossed now I guess.
linnet_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote