RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old Yesterday, 10:05   #17266
swifty
Pedantic Realist
Established Member

The bio bus was out this morning heading up Park Street on driver training, it head off up Whiteladies Road along the 1 route.
swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old Yesterday, 13:18   #17267
TheGrandWazoo
Established Member

Location: Somerset with international travel (e.g. across the Severn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2007wsm View Post
The Streetlites have there advantages and disadvantages and routes they are more suitable on than others.

Weston spent a lot of time sorting out the Streetlites, including having the manufacturers out to sort out the gearboxes.

They do feel spacious inside, but at night the interior lighting is very bright and they do rattle a fair bit
One of the comments made by the Bristol General Manager at the LH open day was in relation to the "jerkiness" of the Streetlite gearbox; apparently it even triggers the Greenroad technology as times.

He remarked that they've spent a bit of time focussing on the issue across the depots, working with Wright and ZF (?) in to resolve the issues. As with most, I've experienced ones that haven't been set up correctly (with one trip on a 37 near Kelston that was especially painful.

Certainly, 47553 didn't have a rattle despite it being bumped over kerbs. Thought it was fine but accept not all are the same. However, same point with my B7RLE experience - 69253 was very noisy whilst 66939 barely made a sound other than the engine tone!

Another interesting aside from Saturday is that First are awaiting with interest what happens with the Streetlites; the 2013 examples are out of warranty soon so they'll have a better view as to the actual cost of operation.
TheGrandWazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:04   #17268
vicbury
Transport Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
One of the comments made by the Bristol General Manager at the LH open day was in relation to the "jerkiness" of the Streetlite gearbox; apparently it even triggers the Greenroad technology as times.

He remarked that they've spent a bit of time focussing on the issue across the depots, working with Wright and ZF (?) in to resolve the issues. As with most, I've experienced ones that haven't been set up correctly (with one trip on a 37 near Kelston that was especially painful.

Certainly, 47553 didn't have a rattle despite it being bumped over kerbs. Thought it was fine but accept not all are the same. However, same point with my B7RLE experience - 69253 was very noisy whilst 66939 barely made a sound other than the engine tone!

Another interesting aside from Saturday is that First are awaiting with interest what happens with the Streetlites; the 2013 examples are out of warranty soon so they'll have a better view as to the actual cost of operation.
I believe we were told at the open day that the Streetlites have Voith gearboxes. I may remember incorrectly though. Did they really come with a 4-year warranty though?? That's rare even among car manufacturers.

We were also told that one of Lawrence Hill's buses has just cost the depot 20,000 as its engine failed just out of its one-year warranty! I presume this refers to either a Streetdeck or Enviro 400 MMC?

One other snippet from the depot is that the B9s are all needing new gearboxes. It was commented that the system of large intakes of fleet in certain years is a hindrance as it means large parts of the fleet all suffer the same time-related fautls (e.g. the B9 gearboxes) at the same time!
vicbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:29   #17269
swifty
Pedantic Realist
Established Member

53818 was broken down earlier just outside Bitton Football Club. It looked like some kind of fluid leak.
swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:30   #17270
TheGrandWazoo
Established Member

Location: Somerset with international travel (e.g. across the Severn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicbury View Post
I believe we were told at the open day that the Streetlites have Voith gearboxes. I may remember incorrectly though. Did they really come with a 4-year warranty though?? That's rare even among car manufacturers.

We were also told that one of Lawrence Hill's buses has just cost the depot 20,000 as its engine failed just out of its one-year warranty! I presume this refers to either a Streetdeck or Enviro 400 MMC?

One other snippet from the depot is that the B9s are all needing new gearboxes. It was commented that the system of large intakes of fleet in certain years is a hindrance as it means large parts of the fleet all suffer the same time-related fautls (e.g. the B9 gearboxes) at the same time!
Indeed, there were some enlightening cost snippets.

Also confirmation that Muller Road will be flattened and returned to the council as the dilaps run into the millions. Also no new depot - cost does not stack up.
TheGrandWazoo is offline   Reply With Quote