RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railway Jobs & Careers

Old 8th February 2017, 20:05   #46
Llanigraham
An Ex - Bobby!!
Established Member

Probably as I suspect you are "under probation"
Llanigraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 8th February 2017, 20:11   #47
OneTrackMind

Since you have been let go there and then on the spot I would expect you to get payment in lieu of notice in your final pay packet.

This is usually 1 weeks pay during your probation period but best to check your contract to find out.
OneTrackMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 14:20   #48
Sabs5296

Ok, I'll check that, but how will it look like when Network Rail calls them for a reference and they're told I don't work there anymore and I was let go because I was not suitable for the job, won't that raise a red flag with Network Rail, that is actually my mail concern
Sabs5296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 14:59   #49
MylesHSG

Just be upfront about it. When HR did my employment checks I sent the email with the details off at 9:30am and had the "all checks complete, welcome aboard" email before lunch, I don't think they are exactly through and comprehensive.

Also if you have a 4 week notice period then should you not get 4 weeks pay? Especially as it's not like they've sacked you for gross misconduct or anything like that. Also f**k that line manager and CEO.

Last edited by MylesHSG; 9th February 2017 at 15:02.
MylesHSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 18:00   #50
Sabs5296

Well said MylesHSG, well said!!!
Old 3rd March 2017, 22:30   #51
Sabs5296

My medical came out ok, and the DBS check is completed, I called HR for an update and was informed that they were waiting to hear back from immigration, will this process ever end? I have a spouse visa, so I'm guessing they're probably trying to confirm the authenticity of the visa, should I be worried that the visa is expiring on the 20th of may? I can't renew it till 28 days before expiry which will be on the 22nd of April. I'm just concerned what effect this will have on my application, I'm not concerned about the visa renewal, I'll probably do the 24 hours express service. Is there anyone here that is on a spouse visa, or any type of visa? I have a friend that was told at the interview that he did really well but won't be offered the job because his visa was expiring soon, although his was HSMP (highly skilled migration program) and renewals for those types of visas are not always guaranteed. My husband thinks I'm over thinking the whole thing, easy for him to say as his career is moving steadily and mine seems to be on hold.
Old 3rd March 2017, 22:32   #52
Sabs5296

My friends interview was not for a signalling position and it was not with Network Rail either.