RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railtours & Preservation

Old 21st March 2017, 22:10   #76
Cowley
I'm only here to relax
Established Member

Great things are afoot .
Is there a thread anywhere about plans once the two lines are joined up Phil? Not wishing to run before we can walk, but I've got a couple of questions on how the two railways may or may not be integrated etc.
Cowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:57   #77
fgwrich
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowley View Post
Great things are afoot .
Is there a thread anywhere about plans once the two lines are joined up Phil? Not wishing to run before we can walk, but I've got a couple of questions on how the two railways may or may not be integrated etc.
I really do hope that on the integration front, a newer more securer depot is constructed to meet the needs of both sections of the Great Central Railway - Ruddington Fields was the subject of yet another vandal attack at the weekend with the 25, 37 & 47 all on the receiving end of tools and stones.

Great to see the groundwork finally starting, I hope you will be able to give us regular updates Flying Phil!
fgwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:16   #78
Flying Phil

The GCR website has been updated with news of the construction start!
I am told that the website will now have frequent updates.....but I will keep up with mine as well.
Re timetabling, I have no information but I suspect there will be some trains running from Leics to Notts and also Leics- Lbro and Notts - Lbro but time will tell.
The other huge aspect to the Gap Project is, of course, the Museum Project at Leicester North.
Whilst this is on another GCR thread, the timescale and demands on finance/manpower/management/etc will obviously impact on the Gap work. Both projects are Huge and I think that, once the bridge over the MML is completed - priority due to impending (???) electrification, then the focus will shift to the Museum due to Lottery funding timescale.
This is only my supposition, but the Museum should be bringing far more (new) customers to the railway and is designed to be self financing once set up.
Flying Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:08   #79
STEVIEBOY1
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgwrich View Post
I really do hope that on the integration front, a newer more securer depot is constructed to meet the needs of both sections of the Great Central Railway - Ruddington Fields was the subject of yet another vandal attack at the weekend with the 25, 37 & 47 all on the receiving end of tools and stones.

Great to see the groundwork finally starting, I hope you will be able to give us regular updates Flying Phil!

Sorry to hear about the vandal attack, sadly this seems to be a problem that is happening more often around the country.
STEVIEBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56   #80
Flying Phil

Bridge project has been in the local TV news this morning - so the momentum is building - as are the abutments hopefully.....but I will look again next week!
Flying Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:08   #81
reddragon

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/unify/

Good to see new on the work on the GCR website!
reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote