RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old 11th January 2017, 19:12   #2866
the101

The Yutong CB12 demonstrator is apparently to enter service with Yourbus very soon, if it has not already done so. Bit of a come-down from Citaros, that...
the101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 13th January 2017, 00:38   #2867
Mugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag51ruk View Post
To answer my own question, there is a new registration for Yourbus route 1/1A between Derby and Alvaston starting 12 February. Nothing on the Derbyshire route update pages yet (they still produce info for City of Derby services) .

They seem to have decided that Arriva are an easier target than Trent Barton or NCT.
Arriva seem to be retaliating with a new service to Alvaston via Pride Park, four journeys per hour but they run three minutes in front of Yourbus. Doesn't start until 6th March though, so Yourbus have a month to get established on the route.

Strange how Arriva are calling theirs F1, should we read anything into that!
Mugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 08:31   #2868
nottinghamcity

May explain this registration
Quote:

C North West of England DUNN MOTOR TRACTION LTD HEANOR GATE ROAD, HEANOR GATE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, HEANOR, DE75 7RJ, GB PC1094655 Valid PC1094655/40 Registered 1 2017-01-03 2017-02-28 1 (1A) Vary Route 2017-01-10T00:00:00+0000 Variation Accepted by SN Variation applications
BTW I *HATE* the new VOSA registration website.

Last edited by nottinghamcity; 13th January 2017 at 08:33. Reason: Quick rant about VOSA website
nottinghamcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 13:38   #2869
Bwsbro
BwsCymru

The New Yourbus Timetable for the 1/1A is now online on the Derbybus website

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/time...01Y-170212.pdf

Both the 1/1A will operate every 15 minute, giving a combined service departing Derby Bus Station every 7/8 minutes by Yourbus

From looking at the timetable, both Arriva and Yourbus services will depart Derby Bus Station at the same time however, Yourbus will operate the opposite route to the Arriva service

Last edited by Bwsbro; 13th January 2017 at 13:41.
Bwsbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 21:32   #2870
G0ORC

Default The Sixes...

I appreciate that this has nothing to do with a "Bus War" and also nothing to do with Nottingham but this seems to be the forum for Trent Barton and its services so I'll ask the question here..

There are a number of rumours circulating in the Belper area concerning the Sixes group of services. The rumours are of a major recast of services in April, the withdrawal of the 6.X and using that spare capacity to increase the frequency of the 6.1 to two services an hour one of which will terminate (as now) at Bakewell, the other turning short at Matlock. Presumably this means both running, as now via Wirksworth.

There's no doubt the bulk of the revenue on this group of services is the 6.2 and 6.3 and the Derby - Belper portion of the 6.1 and 6.4 and I can see he reasoning behind this move should it happen. The current timetable has been in operation in excess of fifteen years with only minor tweaks (the addition of some FO and SO services) in that time.

I've heard this from a number of TrentBarton connected sources and just wondered if anything had surfaced elsewhere.

The branded Scanias on this group of services are now 11 years old and, to put it mildly, are showing their age. They had a mid-life cosmetic refurbishment around two years ago but they are all looking and feeling increasingly tatty.

The rumours regarding YourBus competition on the Derby - Belper section of the Sixes appear seem to have died the death despite the appearance of YourBus vehicles apparently undertaking timing trials well over a year ago.

Last edited by G0ORC; 15th January 2017 at 21:52.
G0ORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 20:50   #2871
Mitch in Notts

15% discount on cash fares for mango card holders on the new Notts & Derby 12/A from 19th February. Now that's a first!
Mitch in Notts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 00:27   #2872
chessie

Shame the sixes arent planned to go half hourly upto Bakewell through the day, with a little bit of marketing the passenger numbers are probably there. Could easily see one bus an hour going via Rowsley, Chatsworth en route (replacing the 217 that connects with pretty much nothing currently), the other direct via A6 to Bakewell and the same return.

The 218 from Sheffield seems to be going from strength to strength on a similar model, catering very well for locals and tourists alike.

Last edited by chessie; 19th January 2017 at 01:26.
chessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 07:32   #2873
nottinghamcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
15% discount on cash fares for mango card holders on the new Notts & Derby 12/A from 19th February. Now that's a first!
I guess they will still be using the same vehicles as zoom so they will have the card readers configured ready. I really don't understand why they de-branded this route in the first place.

It would make sense for wellglade to have a unified ITSO offering IMHO. It always seems odd to me that Derby skylink doesn't accept mango.
nottinghamcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 08:58   #2874
Mitch in Notts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottinghamcity View Post
I guess they will still be using the same vehicles as zoom so they will have the card readers configured ready. I really don't understand why they de-branded this route in the first place.

It would make sense for wellglade to have a unified ITSO offering IMHO. It always seems odd to me that Derby skylink doesn't accept mango.

It appears it's a cash transaction - ie discount if you show your Mango card - no actual money taken off your mango card. So you could have a zero balance and just get a discount for showing a mango card.

Completely mad set up. Why not just integrate Wellglade across the board and make it simple for customers. No don't be daft....
Mitch in Notts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 13:06   #2875
G0ORC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post

Completely mad set up. Why not just integrate Wellglade across the board and make it simple for customers. No don't be daft....
I'm no expert but there must be a financial (i.e. tax) reason why Wellglade is a number of allegedly separate entities rather than all TrentBarton...
G0ORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 13:46   #2876
Bletchleyite
Veteran Member

I thought it was because they do want the lower cost business but don't want to taint the Trent brand with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 19th January 2017, 14:24   #2877
Robertj21a
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
I thought it was because they do want the lower cost business but don't want to taint the Trent brand with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, and probably just as importantly, I'm sure the N&D staff are paid at lower rates !

The Kinchbus subsidiary is slightly different again as it's largely there to reinforce dominance around the Loughborough area.
Robertj21a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 15:12   #2878
Deerfold
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ORC View Post
I'm no expert but there must be a financial (i.e. tax) reason why Wellglade is a number of allegedly separate entities rather than all TrentBarton...
Financially, it's sensible so that one company going bankrupt doesn't have to take the whole lot with them.

If they're all registered in the UK there's unlikely to be any tax saving.

It's also easier to just add a company you've bought as a new subsidiary than merging it with another.
Deerfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 18:49   #2879
Pigalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottinghamcity View Post

Kinchbus and TrentBarton are presumably already unified to accommodate this ticket:

https://www.smartgo.co.uk/images/EMA...ter_poster.pdf

also it was promised in early - mid 2016 that the the electronic trentbartonland Saver tickets would cover both networks although I've never had any confirmation that this ever happened.

Interestingly it appears to have happened with the KinchKard equivalent if you buy a Kinchbus Universe and trentbartonland combined annual ticket, see here:

https://www.kinchbus.co.uk/kinchkard

Last edited by Pigalle; 21st January 2017 at 18:54.
Pigalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 19:37   #2880
PhilStockley

Some of you are nearly right, some are way off the mark.

The view of the Wellglade directors is that they do not function as a group, but as a series of independent businesses that happen to have the same investors. Each company has its own autonomous management team and it is for that team to determine its own strategy. The Board is there to guide, advise, question and scrutinise, but will never tell the subsidiary companies what to do.

The only real group efficiencies are in back office functions such as finance and IT, where there are obvious overhead savings, but even then if an individual company didn't want to use the Group resource and could make a business case for going a different way, they are free to take the idea to the Board.

There tends to be more co-operation between trentbarton and Kinchbus than other group companies because they share some of the same management team, but even then the two companies have distinct cultures and different ways of doing things.

Therefore there is no question of the Board decreeing that there should be such things as groupwide tickets. They will take the view that it is up to the individual companies to decide whether such things are worthwhile, and if so they will get together between themselves to make them happen.

Last edited by PhilStockley; 21st January 2017 at 19:38.
PhilStockley is offline   Reply With Quote