RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old 10th January 2017, 13:05   #136
richw
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTH View Post

What is the definition of regular with regard to a vehicle returning to its operating centre? I should be very surprised if it is beyond 28 days.
I'm pretty sure outstationed vehicles for both operators in my area visit the main depot once every 28 days, presumably for compliance as well as servicing,
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 10th January 2017, 13:17   #137
TheGrandWazoo
Established Member

Location: Somerset with international travel (e.g. across the Severn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
I'm pretty sure outstationed vehicles for both operators in my area visit the main depot once every 28 days, presumably for compliance as well as servicing,
Aren't the First Kernow outstations are listed as operating centres?

Obviously, they rotate through the main depot at Camborne but not certain which other depots have maintenance cover?
TheGrandWazoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 13:23   #138
freetoview33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post

Obviously, they rotate through the main depot at Camborne but not certain which other depots have maintenance cover?
Yes the are listed.
freetoview33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 14:16   #139
richw
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
Not all of them are listed on the DVSA site.

PCB also rotate vehciles stationed at Liskeard roughly monthly
Old 10th January 2017, 14:30   #140
TheGrandWazoo
Established Member

Location: Somerset with international travel (e.g. across the Severn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
Not all of them are listed on the DVSA site.

PCB also rotate vehciles stationed at Liskeard roughly monthly
Which ones aren't? IIRC, even places like Padstow are on there?
TheGrandWazoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 17:43   #141
nesw

I wasn't planning on posting for a while or until there had been any new developments and I suppose there has been a development with CityFox Taxi Plymouth tweeting a rather tempting offer

'Afternoon tea for two? Book with us between 12pm and 8pm Monday to Friday and we'll give you 2 off your taxi fare! Call 01752 606060 ^SP' https://twitter.com/cityfoxtaxisply/...00332291067906

Sounds like a deal to me!

I 'phoned the number and was greeted by 'Plymouth Taxis, can I help you?' When I mentioned the tempting offer it certainly got a response! 'Where did I hear about it and what account?'

To cut a long story short , I was told that for the past few weeks Plymouth Taxi's director has been rather concerned that Cityfox are using their 'phone number and they are not associated with Cityfox.

I did mention that Cityfox Plymouth are listed at Companies House, as are Plymouth Taxis Ltd and that they will investigate further.

I'm sure it's all a simple misunderstanding and maybe the tweet was sent by mistake! Then again, the @Cityfoxtaxisply discription does state the number and link to the website http://www.cityfoxtaxi.com/ and other tweets ask for drivers to apply for jobs at the Plymouth branch.

He doesn't have to but I'm sure Rhys or Phil can explain? I'm missing my two quid off and afternoon tea.
nesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 20:17   #142
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesw View Post
I wasn't planning on posting for a while or until there had been any new developments and I suppose there has been a development with CityFox Taxi Plymouth tweeting a rather tempting offer

'Afternoon tea for two? Book with us between 12pm and 8pm Monday to Friday and we'll give you 2 off your taxi fare! Call 01752 606060 ^SP' https://twitter.com/cityfoxtaxisply/...00332291067906

Sounds like a deal to me!

I 'phoned the number and was greeted by 'Plymouth Taxis, can I help you?' When I mentioned the tempting offer it certainly got a response! 'Where did I hear about it and what account?'

To cut a long story short , I was told that for the past few weeks Plymouth Taxi's director has been rather concerned that Cityfox are using their 'phone number and they are not associated with Cityfox.

I did mention that Cityfox Plymouth are listed at Companies House, as are Plymouth Taxis Ltd and that they will investigate further.

I'm sure it's all a simple misunderstanding and maybe the tweet was sent by mistake! Then again, the @Cityfoxtaxisply discription does state the number and link to the website http://www.cityfoxtaxi.com/ and other tweets ask for drivers to apply for jobs at the Plymouth branch.

He doesn't have to but I'm sure Rhys or Phil can explain? I'm missing my two quid off and afternoon tea.
The same offer was tweeted today by CityFox Bristol, and with a Bristol phone number, but it's clearly rather strange that they're using the Plymouth Taxis number but they don't know anything about it.
Olympian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 20:32   #143
nesw

I've just tried calling Cityfox Taxis in Bath and again they know nothing about any offers. They also answer the 'phone as Bath Spa Taxis and state 'they have nothing to do with Cityfox' & ' we have tried to contact them but they don't respond.'

I'll avoid making any further comment for now however, it doesn't look good ;particularly when the companies also ask for drivers & controllers to work at Bath & Plymouth.

By the way, this isn't an obsession, simply taking five minutes to respond to their social media posts, presumably what a business wants?
nesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 21:37   #144
mattpharrison

Evening all. Long time lurker here, first time poster. I can confirm that I too gave Plymouth Taxis a call this evening, purely out of academic interest because I find this whole thing very strange. And guess what? They've heard of Cityfox, because they've had several phone calls this evening from people trying to claim free cups of tea. But they were very quick to stress that they are not affiliated, very much less owned, by Cityfox taxis. In fact, they seemed very annoyed at the whole thing - and are 'taking action'. Shall be watching with interest.
mattpharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:14   #145
vicbury
Transport Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesw View Post
I've just tried calling Cityfox Taxis in Bath and again they know nothing about any offers. They also answer the 'phone as Bath Spa Taxis and state 'they have nothing to do with Cityfox' & ' we have tried to contact them but they don't respond.'

I'll avoid making any further comment for now however, it doesn't look good ;particularly when the companies also ask for drivers & controllers to work at Bath & Plymouth.

By the way, this isn't an obsession, simply taking five minutes to respond to their social media posts, presumably what a business wants?
On the Cityfox Bath page it states:

Quote:
CityFox is a growing public transport provider. We've just aquired a taxi company in Bath and it'll be rebranded as CityFox in due course.
They also posted a job advert with Bath Spa Taxis branding in February 2016 and posted a photo showing an office being repainted from red to blue (red being the colour of Bath Spa Taxis).

Bath Spa Taxi Ltd was dissolved in July 2016.
Another company called Bath Spa Taxi Limited was established in Trowbridge in May 2016.

All a bit odd and I've no idea which company you spoke with..
vicbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:22   #146
Neil Williams
Veteran Member

The Tweet has now been deleted...
Old 11th January 2017, 22:30   #147
Olympian

The similar CityFoxTaxis Bath tweet is still there and they list the Bath Spa Taxis number on their Twitter page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @CityFoxTaxiBath

Hello, need a ride? Call 01225 313131 follow for fun and frolics direct from #teamfox - a @cityfox_group company

 Bath, England

 cityfoxtaxi.com

 Joined June 2015
All very odd!
Olympian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:30   #148
mattpharrison

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...ThLNFNSSmw3UTA

That's ok, I thought it might - tweets do have a habit of being deleted. Here's the original.

Last edited by mattpharrison; 11th January 2017 at 22:30. Reason: Link didn't work!
mattpharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:44   #149
swifty
Pedantic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian View Post
The similar CityFoxTaxis Bath tweet is still there and they list the Bath Spa Taxis number on their Twitter page:

All very odd!
It's happened before as well with Claribels, but was blamed on a former employee.

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.p...70273#msg70273

Last edited by swifty; 11th January 2017 at 22:55.
swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:52   #150
vicbury
Transport Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I'd refrained from commenting until today but the above is truly baffling.

Why pretend to be a company which you aren't? I can understand creating your own publicity for ventures which aren't quite off the ground yet but pretending to be another business??

Also, from the link above, in 2013 Rhys claimed to be aged 18 and had worked in the bus industry for SIX YEARS! They start them off young these days..
vicbury is offline   Reply With Quote