RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railtours & Preservation

Old 20th June 2017, 20:36   #136
dbmbridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
Bridge 5? out of Hull near the stone terminal.
I think this used to have 8 lines through it now just one.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1129567
I didn't know it was called priory bridge - i was Network Rail SPM on the refurbishment and long timber replacement in 2013 carried out by Story Rail- it was called Dairycoats. I have attached a photo (not very good one) of a Beaver Tamper running over the bridge.

I actually built a scale model of the bridge and have used it at STEM events (Run as part of the GCR Bridge project) and at Railweek last year. There is more photos - Project 31 Dairycoats www.dbmbridges.com

- 20160701_122219.jpg

(60044).jpg
dbmbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 21st June 2017, 13:21   #137
Flying Phil

Thanks dbm for your input to this thread - much appreciated, as I'm sure is your STEM work.
This morning's visit showed more progress as the final pile hole has been bored on the North side and the re-bar cage is in place, awaiting the concrete to be poured.

I expect the rig will soon move to the other side of the MML for the South abutment pile boring.

Last edited by Flying Phil; 22nd June 2017 at 19:22.
Flying Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:00   #138
Flying Phil

More progress as the piling rig has moved to the South abutment site and has already bored one hole and is half way down on the second.

On the North site there is an excavation around the piles and the tops of the piles are being prepared for a large concrete cap to be poured.

This will be the base for two pre-cast trapezoid concrete forms (Remember the bridge is skewed 30 degrees to the MML) which will be blue brick faced and filled to create the bridge support.
Flying Phil is offline   Reply With Quote