RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Railway Jobs & Careers

Old 8th May 2017, 06:56   #301
mumrar
Captain Press Office
Established Member

09:30 for me today, due to roster hiccup I am actually having to do a full shift at work and have the interview in some down time. Fingers crossed all, as said above, a lot of people for not many jobs. The fact the jobs are far away, I think my personal circumstances may well work against me.
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 8th May 2017, 06:58   #302
JonnyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumrar View Post
09:30 for me today, due to roster hiccup I am actually having to do a full shift at work and have the interview in some down time. Fingers crossed all, as said above, a lot of people for not many jobs. The fact the jobs are far away, I think my personal circumstances may well work against me.
Good luck buddy. Relax and enjoy it
JonnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 07:36   #303
bILLOO
ション

Good luck, mate!
bILLOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 11:03   #304
mumrar
Captain Press Office
Established Member

Cheers, let's hope I gave them what they wanted. They said around end of June they should start notifying people if they have been successful or not. Then, it's going to be time to look at house-hunting as there's an EU directive aimed at reducing fatigue issues stating that for this type of role you need to live 45 minutes from your place of work - sadly HS2 won't have an Aylesbury station LOL.

Good luck to those who have had interviews, are awaiting them and are awaiting any further testing prior to it.
Old 8th May 2017, 11:13   #305
JonnyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumrar View Post
Cheers, let's hope I gave them what they wanted. They said around end of June they should start notifying people if they have been successful or not. Then, it's going to be time to look at house-hunting as there's an EU directive aimed at reducing fatigue issues stating that for this type of role you need to live 45 minutes from your place of work - sadly HS2 won't have an Aylesbury station LOL.

Good luck to those who have had interviews, are awaiting them and are awaiting any further testing prior to it.
Well done mate, I would also need to relocate if successful. Gave it my best shot and thought I'd done ok, now just quite a long while to wait for an answer! How did you feel yours went?
Old 8th May 2017, 11:36   #306
mumrar
Captain Press Office
Established Member

I feel it went well, managed to answer everything confidently and felt relaxed. I think I had good answers to some of the questions - just need to see if they agree, low odds from 70 or so to 6 vacancies.
Old 9th May 2017, 11:43   #307
JonnyH

Have any of the guys who did stage 2 over the last week or so heard back yet?
Old 12th May 2017, 13:22   #308
Sean1878

Just had an email from recruitment telling me I passed the Stage 2 assessments I took on Weds 10th May! They said they'll get back to me with a date for my DMI after a meeting next week. Absolutely delighted and surprised at how quick they got back to me after Stage 2! Wasn't expecting to hear for another couple of weeks at least ��
Sean1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 13:31   #309
minty

Took Stage 2 Assessments on the 2nd, hadn't heard anything so emailed in on Wednesday. Still nothing, rang this morning to be told that the member of staff I had emailed has left the company and that she would email me the results shortly.

Email received informing me I had successfully passed Stage 2 and that they would be in contact shortly with a date for an interview! Buzzing!
minty is offline   Reply With Quote