RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > Traction & Rolling Stock

Old Yesterday, 11:05   #1441
notverydeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Unit View Post
The perfect solution.
At this morning's Meet the Manager, one of the Managers did acknowledge that they had had many more complaints about the lack of seats since the 387s took up fast Cambridge / King's Lynn workings this week.

He was surprised by my comment that this is exacerbated by the random orientation of the trains and said that he would investigate that. I suggested that they adopt the Thameslink Policy and declassify all but the leading first class section...
notverydeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old Yesterday, 13:27   #1442
MikeWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianno87 View Post
Disagree.
A bit of both for me - prefer opening windows until it gets to mid-20s outside, like the last few days. Then I prefer aircon, assuming it actually works.

The 387s, unsurprisingly, seem a lot like the 379s - ambient temperature varies widely between carriages, but at least one is usually nice and chilly.

Quote:
Plus some Cantabridgians get angsty and insist on keeping the 365 windows shut on hot days due to the racket that results through the various tunnels (insisting that the air vents will suffice)
Not sure what it is about Cambridge people, but they seem to be a lot more allergic to fresh air and/or tunnel noise than others. Loads of times I was at Kings Cross when a 365 ex-Peterborough came in with lots of windows open, then the Cambridge passengers get on and immediately close them all...
MikeWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:37   #1443
MikeWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWM View Post
Is there some unforseen issue with splitting the 387s at Cambridge, or are they just getting used to it so it will speed up in time?
To reply to myself - - it seems to have improved a little, some trains are getting away fairly quickly now (including the one I just missed last night, which I'd have caught it had taken 10 minutes to split - c'est la vie!) though there still seem to be more delays than usual, so there is still some sort of intermittent problem it appears.

Also the doors issue at Cambridge North seems to continue, though the driver this morning again warned us ahead of time that there would be a significant delay before opening.
Old Yesterday, 15:24   #1444
jon0844
Doesn't buy Carnets
Veteran Member

Quote:
Also the doors issue at Cambridge North seems to continue, though the driver this morning again warned us ahead of time that there would be a significant delay before opening.
Will we need apps to show working timetables, public timetables and door opening timetables now?
jon0844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:34   #1445
MikeWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon0844 View Post
Will we need apps to show working timetables, public timetables and door opening timetables now?
For now, possibly so! The delay must be adding a minute or so.

Anyhow, the local quality rag have been reading Twitter too, and the apparent answer is that the trains need a software update because Cambridge North is a new station (and so I guess no-one at GN could predict in advance that this station that has taken years to build was actually going to be there this week
Old Yesterday, 17:51   #1446
Failed Unit
Established Member

Quote:
For now, possibly so! The delay must be adding a minute or so.

Anyhow, the local quality rag have been reading Twitter too, and the apparent answer is that the trains need a software update because Cambridge North is a new station (and so I guess no-one at GN could predict in advance that this station that has taken years to build was actually going to be there this week
Considering how long it took them to fix the "cross country" issue I suspect it will be Christmas before it is fixed.
Failed Unit is offline   Reply With Quote