RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old 16th February 2017, 06:48   #2911
Deerfold
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugby View Post
In a very strange move, Trent are increasing the frequency of the Ilkeston Flyer with effect from 26th March, from three buses per hour to four.

This will mean that one of the new departures from Derby, the xx35, will run simultaneously with Yourbus. With a combined frequency of six buses per hour at present, it surely can't be in response to demand, is it the opening shot of a move against Yourbus and which stand will the extra bus use at Derby?
Lots of other improvements too - including an evening service on Monday-Thursday, an improved early evening service on Friday and Saturday and running half an hour earlier and an hour later on Sundays.
Deerfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:55   #2912
Mitch in Notts

From the Notts & Derby website:

Latest News
NEW DAY TICKET
Travel on any Notts & Derby service for just £6 per day for an adult. See your driver or call us for more details. Excludes express services.

So that (mainly) covers:
Unibus 4,5,6 in Derby
3 Derby-Barrow (Rush hours on Trent V3)
9 Derby-Ockbrook
11 Derby-Ilkeston
12 Derby-Sawley
17/A Derby-Duffield
35 Derby-Littleover
50 Uttoxeter-Derby
70 Derby-Barrow
73 Derby-Weston
D1 Park & Ride

Worthwhile if the journeys right....
Mitch in Notts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 17:37   #2913
nottinghamcity

Minor changes to NCT fares from 26th March 2017. Seems more like tweaking than a wholesale price rise
Interestingly giving a financial incentive to use the ticketing with the mobile app.
Quote:
Freezing the £2 Adult single fare in Nottingham and introducing a discounted £1.90 single fare on the NCTX Buses app
Raising the price of the £3.50 all day ticket to £3.70 if bought on the bus, but freezing it at £3.50 if bought through the NCTX Buses app
Increasing the age young people can continue to pay discounted rates from Under 18 to Under 19
Freezing Under 19 cash and Travel Centre Easyrider prices for the seventh year
Increasing Easyrider prices for the first time for between 5 and 7 years
Expanding the range of tickets customers can buy on their smart phone using the NCTX Buses app to include Single and Under 19 tickets
Reducing Grouprider tickets to half-price (£5) from 09:30 every weekday instead of 17:00 (full price will be £10 on weekdays before 09:30)
Introducing cheaper Local Fares to encourage customers to travel to local shopping centres
Reducing the price of the Network Rider ticket, which covers NCT services to Loughborough, Southwell and Woodborough, from £7 to £6
Extending the City Area and Easyrider boundary to include Gedling Country Park
NCT Website

Last edited by nottinghamcity; 6th March 2017 at 17:41. Reason: added URL
nottinghamcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 19:17   #2914
ashworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottinghamcity View Post
Minor changes to NCT fares from 26th March 2017. Seems more like tweaking than a wholesale price rise
Interestingly giving a financial incentive to use the ticketing with the mobile app.
Trent Barton seem currently to be doing a more general wholesale rise of prices. Single fares rose by 10p on about half of their routes on 26th February and the same is happening on most of their remaining routes on 26th March.
Also on 26th of February the Off Peak daily cap on the Mango Card rose by 20p from £5.00 to £5.20.
ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 21:16   #2915
edwin_m
Veteran Member

The Robin Hood fares are also going up. I think the NCT ones are the same price as on the app.
Old 7th March 2017, 09:38   #2916
kevjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin_m View Post
The Robin Hood fares are also going up. I think the NCT ones are the same price as on the app.
NCT cash fares (singles) are staying put at £2.00; Robin Hood and App will be cheaper at £1.90 - which is higher than the current Robin Hood of £1.70.

NCT cash day ticket going up to £3.70 - Robin Hood and App to old cash fare of £3.50 (previously £3.15). The NCT App ticket is 24 hours from time of purchase - so you could go out from work, have a few drinks get the bus home, then get the bus back to work the following morning which is rather handy...
kevjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 13:44   #2917
howittpie

From March 13th Centrelink and Medilink will no longer be free according to Nottingham Post. The fare appears to be £1 single with Robin Hood PAYG or £1.20 cash and very confusing concessionary pass rules. If you are city resident it is still free on both Centrelink and Medilink however if from outside the city the medilink will no longer be free to the park and ride sites but if going from QMC to City Hospital will be free after 9.30am.

Last edited by howittpie; 7th March 2017 at 14:50.
howittpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 16:03   #2918
edwin_m
Veteran Member

The Centrelink bus is now combined with the former Citylink 1 to Queens Drive P&R. I tried to use it last week for the short hop from the station to the Victoria and was surprised to be asked for a fare. I have emailed the council to point out that their leaflet incorrectly states that fares are only changed to/from Queens Drive, and also suggesting that charging from the railway station but not from the car parks at Broadmarsh and Victoria isn't good for integrated public transport.
Old 8th March 2017, 08:59   #2919
Bwsbro
BwsCymru

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin_m View Post
The Centrelink bus is now combined with the former Citylink 1 to Queens Drive P&R. I tried to use it last week for the short hop from the station to the Victoria and was surprised to be asked for a fare. I have emailed the council to point out that their leaflet incorrectly states that fares are only changed to/from Queens Drive, and also suggesting that charging from the railway station but not from the car parks at Broadmarsh and Victoria isn't good for integrated public transport.
If I recall correctly. The leaflet stated that a fare would be taken between Queens Drive and Broadmarsh Bus Station. Therefore by boarding the service at the Station you would be liable to pay the flat fare for traveling between the Railway Station and Broad marsh Bus Station, a distance of about 500 yards. With the remainder of service to the Victoria Centre free
Old 8th March 2017, 11:26   #2920
edwin_m
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsbro View Post
If I recall correctly. The leaflet stated that a fare would be taken between Queens Drive and Broadmarsh Bus Station. Therefore by boarding the service at the Station you would be liable to pay the flat fare for traveling between the Railway Station and Broad marsh Bus Station, a distance of about 500 yards. With the remainder of service to the Victoria Centre free
Leaflet linked from http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/tra...rvice-changes/

Quote:
the City Centre section of the Centrelink route remains free of charge, the below fares are applicable for the Park and Ride stop at Queen’s Drive.
I have contacted the Council to tell them this appears to be wrong.

While digging that back out I've just noticed: http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/tra...-ride-service/

Quote:
The table below details the proposed fares and tickets for Medilink and Centrelink Park and Ride bus services and are applicable to every stop on both routes:
So this (which applies from 13 March) would appear to suggest that the free part of Centrelink is being abandoned anyway.
Old 8th March 2017, 18:23   #2921
nottinghamcity

Quote:
So this (which applies from 13 March) would appear to suggest that the free part of Centrelink is being abandoned anyway.
I certainly read it that way. To clarify though, it is the free fares that are being abandoned, not the service itself, but in some ways it effectively amounts to that, since it will be seen as just another bus that does a loop of the city centre, rather than anything notable as for short journeys in the centre.

Last edited by nottinghamcity; 8th March 2017 at 18:33.
nottinghamcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 19:59   #2922
kevjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottinghamcity View Post
I certainly read it that way. To clarify though, it is the free fares that are being abandoned, not the service itself, but in some ways it effectively amounts to that, since it will be seen as just another bus that does a loop of the city centre, rather than anything notable as for short journeys in the centre.
It's never even looped the city centre... I wonder how many people who use it would not have concessionary passes in any case? i.e. will it actually make a difference?
kevjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 20:40   #2923
edwin_m
Veteran Member

Comprehensive and prompt reply from the council public transport team. They advise that the driver shouldn't have tried to charge me from the station to Victoria Centre, but it's also rather academic as they confirm all journeys on Centrelink will be chargeable from March 13.

I don't think they would have planned to launch a new Centrelink service at the end of January only to suddenly start charging for it from mid-March, so I can only assume this is the result of some sort of unforeseen funding crisis.
Old 8th March 2017, 22:50   #2924
ashworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjs View Post
I wonder how many people who use it would not have concessionary passes in any case? i.e. will it actually make a difference?
I've never used it when in Nottingham for shopping etc. I do occasionally use it if I want to get from the Victoria Bus Station to Broad Marsh Bus Station as part of a longer journey e.g. Hucknall to Keyworth. I will probably walk now. The only time that I may now still use it would be if it's pouring down with rain and I need to get from Victoria Bus Station to the Railway Station and I have luggage. That may not be more than once or twice a year!

When you put all these fare rises together, Centrelink, NCT, Trent Barton plus Mango and Robin Hood Card. That's more or less a general across the board increase in fares for the bus passengers of Nottingham.

Last edited by ashworth; 8th March 2017 at 22:53.
ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 23:25   #2925
howittpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjs View Post
It's never even looped the city centre... I wonder how many people who use it would not have concessionary passes in any case? i.e. will it actually make a difference?
The few times I have used would say a fair number plenty of mothers with children and have seen a good number of students. Last time I used I was the oldest on it and I am middle aged.

It is interesting the tram is now cheaper for short hop in the city with its £1 cash fare that runs between Trent University and the station.
howittpie is offline   Reply With Quote