RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old 3rd June 2013, 10:53   #16
jcollins
Veteran Member

Unannounced roadworks have appeared on Boothfields, Knutsford - on the 300 circular route. It's also the first day D&G Bus are operating the service so if there's problems getting buses through then the drivers are less likely to be familiar with potential diversionary routes.
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:38   #17
Paul Sidorczuk
Xenophon philosopher
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Unannounced roadworks have appeared on Boothfields, Knutsford - on the 300 circular route. It's also the first day D&G Bus are operating the service so if there's problems getting buses through then the drivers are less likely to be familiar with potential diversionary routes.
I had the feeling that roadworks have to be notified in advance to the respective Local Authority.
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:41   #18
jcollins
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sidorczuk View Post
I had the feeling that roadworks have to be notified in advance to the respective Local Authority.
It looks like they were done by a contractor on behalf of Cheshire East. It was their cheap alternative to relaying a worn out road - patch up the worst sections of it in a day. So Cheshire East would have known but they didn't put up any signs warning of road works.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:26   #19
jcollins
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sidorczuk View Post
The only public service bus now to serve Handforth Dean is the Stagecoach Manchester service 312 (Stockport-Heald Green-Handforth Dean) which now also serves the nearby industrial estate and the Stanley Green shopping complex (Next, Halfords, B & Q, etc).
Just seen that the evening service on the 312 route operated by Finglands will be withdrawn from the end of July.
Old 15th June 2013, 11:05   #20
Paul Sidorczuk
Xenophon philosopher
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Just seen that the evening service on the 312 route operated by Finglands will be withdrawn from the end of July.
As the service on the 312 route serves the Outwood Road area of Heald Green (with many properties, both private and social housing) and also many of the companies and their staff staff on the Stanley Green Industrial Estate, plus the terminus that serves the two very large outlets of Marks and Spencer and the major Tesco store since it was re-routed, it will be interesting to note what action will be taken to urgently re-let the tendered evening service by TfGM.

Last edited by Paul Sidorczuk; 16th June 2013 at 00:02.
Paul Sidorczuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 23:19   #21
Shrimper

The evening 312 has never served the Stanley Green estate, it always went down Stanley Road straight to the A34.

It seems that effective 29th July, the 312 will be operated by Peter Vincent Walsh and Partners - i.e. JP Travel.
http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_sel...=PC0004873/140
Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 23:50   #22
Paul Sidorczuk
Xenophon philosopher
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
The evening 312 has never served the Stanley Green estate, it always went down Stanley Road straight to the A34.

It seems that effective 29th July, the 312 will be operated by Peter Vincent Walsh and Partners - i.e. JP Travel.
http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_sel...=PC0004873/140
The 312 service last major re-routing did in fact see the main daytime service rerouted to serve the Stanley Green industrial estate by turning right at Earl Road from its route on Stanley Road, then up Epsom Avenue and Coppice Way, coming then round the back of the Marks and Spencer store, to arrive at its terminal point. This gave a service during the main day hours to the shoppers and the workers.

The matter of the route of the tendered evening services may well be as you say and will be in the tender documents.

Last edited by Paul Sidorczuk; 16th June 2013 at 03:05. Reason: Final paragraph added
Paul Sidorczuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 09:05   #23
Shrimper

I can't imagine the evening journeys changing - the hourly service at the moment can just about be done with a single vehicle for the entire evenings services thanks to the time saving from not serving the industrial estate (layover times are 1 minute at Stockport and about 3 at Handforth); unless TfGM wish to fund an additional vehicle with a lot of layover time I don't see it being likely to change. This is noted in the TfGM timetable for the service.
Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 09:51   #24
jcollins
Veteran Member

Cheshire East council have said the following regarding Bakerbus routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire East
There will be major changes to bus services from 1st September 2013.

bakerbus have registered to withdraw all their commercial services except for part of the 99, 99B service which will continue to serve Biddulph Congleton and Buglawton with some journeys to Macclesfield. Most journeys to / from Macclesfield have been withdrawn.

As a result of these changes D&G Bus and High Peak have registered the following services to replace most of those withdrawn by bakerbus, subject to Traffic Commissioner approval:

90 D&G Congleton - Bromley Estate

91 D&G Congleton - Mossley Circular

42 D&G Crewe - Leighton Hospital - Holmes Chapel Congleton: diverted to serve West Heath via (Cumberland Rd, Chestnut Rd, Sycamore Ave, Delamere Rd) to replace withdrawn bakerbus X38, 93 West Heath journeys.

77 D&G Congleton - Kidsgrove diverted to serve Padgbury Lane, Ullswater Road and Sandbach Road.

76 D&G Congleton - Banky Fields - The Westlands: part replacement for the withdrawn bakerbus 76 service. Serves Banky Fields and The Westlands in opposite direction to previous service. See revised 77 for Ullswater Road replacement.

36 D&G Crewe - Haslington - Sandbach: new service part replacing the withdrawn bakerbus X38 service. Will serve Haslington, Primrose Avenue on all journeys.

39 High Peak Macclesfield Buglawton Congleton.
X38 passengers can use the existing 38 service to / from Crewe, Sandbach and Congleton.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:29   #25
Paul Sidorczuk
Xenophon philosopher
Veteran Member

The regular 99 bus was always useful for people from Macclesfield to access the National Trust premises at Biddulph Grange without the need to make a change.
Old 24th July 2013, 19:34   #26
Ticketing Enthusiast
Established Member

what frequency do you think High Peak will run as replacement for the Macclesfield-Congleton section?

Service 392/393 is also seeing changes,they have taken my suggestion to re-time both the 0720 and 1550 in addition to making paper changes to the 0715 and 0810 (until March this year it arrived in Stockport at 0905 and they are reversing it back).
323235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 22:51   #27
Paul Sidorczuk
Xenophon philosopher
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323235 View Post
what frequency do you think High Peak will run as replacement for the Macclesfield-Congleton section?
There is the service 38 to consider between Macclesfield and Congleton......do Arrive (Mon-Sat) and D & G (Sundays) have any changes in the pipeline ?
Old 30th July 2013, 21:59   #28
Ticketing Enthusiast
Established Member

well the timetable has been released for the 39. xx00 (Macc) 0800-1700 with no 0800 or 1700 on saturdays. return at xx30. so 10 and 3 minutes before arriva. why couldn't they have timed xx40 and xx10 or perhaps xx35 and xx05 say. Would have given a near half hourly spread in both directions.

Having said that xx00 is one of the 99 current runs so obviously they were the most popular.

Last edited by 323235; 30th July 2013 at 22:03.
323235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 15:40   #29
jcollins
Veteran Member

The D&G registrations look to have been approved. I've not seen any new High Peak ones come up other than the Hanley one.
Old 2nd August 2013, 05:09   #30
Paul Sidorczuk
Xenophon philosopher
Veteran Member

What is the official position on the Cheshire Connect liveried services of silver, green and yellow, as in Wilmslow yesterday, I saw an 88 running in this livery.