RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Fares, Ticketing & Routeing > Fares Advice & Policy

Old 19th March 2017, 23:23   #961
Merseysider
Fares Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
You were replying to the question of what would replace "London Terminals".
...and my suggestion/answer was to keep 'London' (obviously) and additionally provide a link informing the customer which stations they can visit. Apologies if this wasn't particularly well communicated.

Last edited by Merseysider; 19th March 2017 at 23:24.
Merseysider is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 19th March 2017, 23:24   #962
JaJaWa
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieron View Post
What gives you that impression?
Well it was removed from tickets some time in 2016... (see attachment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadders View Post
I seem to remember this being in the news over Christmas when the media were having another go at the railway.

They said they were looking at getting rid of confusing terms like 'London Terminals' and 'Any Permitted'.
RDG says
Quote:
We will provide clear names for tickets and definitions that passengers understand. We will remove terms such as “Any Permitted” and “London Terminals” except where they actively help customers understand a tickets validity and in such cases that they are properly explained. We will develop an online ticket restrictions look-up tool for customers.

First changes to be implemented from May 2017 and all actions to be complete by end-2017
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-ticketing.pdf

So possibly only a couple of months left for 'London Terminals'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AnyPermitted.jpg (73.0 KB, 137 views)
JaJaWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 22:14   #963
Wallsendmag

Default New Ticket Design Launched

VTEC advance are priced to and print London Kings Cross already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Wallsendmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 22:24   #964
father_jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJaWa View Post

RDG says

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-ticketing.pdf

So possibly only a couple of months left for 'London Terminals'.
Can I say again (and maybe the mods should pick up on this) a TOD reference tells anyone unscrupulous within the industry who you are and often where you live ! A surname and postcode search may come up with info as to when you're away in the future !!! Obliterate TODs from pictures and obviously dispose of used frog safely !!!
father_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 23:06   #965
Merseysider
Fares Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by father_jack View Post
Can I say again (and maybe the mods should pick up on this) a TOD reference tells anyone unscrupulous within the industry who you are and often where you live ! A surname and postcode search may come up with info as to when you're away in the future !!! Obliterate TODs from pictures and obviously dispose of used frog safely !!!
Fair enough. Good point.

But where should I put the used frog?
Merseysider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 23:10   #966
JaJaWa
Hello

Quote:
Thanks. Any TOC spies may like to note that the ToD reference in that image is from here https://srta.org.uk/wp/posts/1316 rather than myself though.
JaJaWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 23:41   #967
Bletchleyite
Veteran Member

Quote:
Unless there's a particular reason someone might want to target your house, e.g. you have a particularly expensive car that could be nicked using the keys (such as a certain poster's Range Rovers, perhaps ) or lots of IT equipment, I very much doubt anyone would go to those lengths to find a house to burgle. Most such crimes are opportunist - go for that one, they're not in.

When I'm away, most stuff of any value is in my bag.

Last edited by Bletchleyite; 20th March 2017 at 23:44.
Bletchleyite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 19:26   #968
Indigo2
www.brfares.com
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJaWa View Post
Wasn't that was supposed to be only for tickets for journeys for which all available fares were routed "ANY PERMITTED"? The example earlier, of Inverness to Edinburgh (where walkup fares can be routed ANY PERMITTED, VIA AVIEMORE or VTEC ONLY) having the route description dropped for the ANY PERMITTED variant arguably adds more confusion than it removes.
Indigo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 01:06   #969
kieron
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo2 View Post
Wasn't that was supposed to be only for tickets for journeys for which all available fares were routed "ANY PERMITTED"?
That was my impression (I think it said removal unless it provides a benefit to the customer, something the disambiguation would do).

To me, having a "via Warrington" ticket and an "any permitted" one for a route is better than having a "via Warrington" and a "via Manchester" one, simply because it makes it clear (to travellers and to web sites) that you don't have to go through Manchester using either ticket.
kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 18:45   #970
Silver Cobra

Looks like it's been a while since the last post here.

Anywhos... I collected some tickets from the new VTEC machine at Stevenage station for a journey from Stevenage to Leeds for Saturday 3rd June, as part of the Hot Cakes sale. I was quite surprised that rather than printing in the new style with the reserved services on the one ticket, I was given a separate reservation ticket. I must say that the VTEC machines aren't set up very well for printing tickets like this. It looks quite a mess in fact. I'm guessing that VTEC promotional tickets haven't yet been set up for the new style of advance.

I've added some pictures to compare how the advances normally print (collected from a machine at Peterborough back in April) and walk-up tickets (purchased not long after I collected the Stevenage-Leeds tickets today).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VTEC 01.jpg (150.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg VTEC 02.jpg (145.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg VTEC 03.jpg (148.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg VTEC 04.jpg (148.7 KB, 73 views)
Silver Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 21:51   #971
Wallsendmag

I'm sure they'll sort that out very very soon , as soon as PMS goes live

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Wallsendmag is offline   Reply With Quote