RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old 20th March 2017, 23:54   #1
overthewater
Established Member

Default Stagecoach Lincolnshire

It seem a number of service changes are planned to take place on 3 April, ( two weeks today) Scunthorpe, hull and Grimsby

Whats the trouble will it seem especial with Scunthorpe, talks are still on going with the council about the changes

As its stands the changes are as follows:

* 31/32 - Revised timetable- still every 20mins
* 33/34 - Scunthorpe Bus Station - Westcliff only. Revised timetable- every 20mins other areas no longer served.
* 11, 37, 38, revised timetable- still hour
* 10 Withdrawn

The clock is ticking and time is running out, Will there be able to sort something out before the changes happen? Is anyone from the local area?
overthewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:02   #2
175mph
On Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthewater View Post
It seem a number of service changes are planned to take place on 3 April, ( two weeks today) Scunthorpe, hull and Grimsby

Whats the trouble will it seem especial with Scunthorpe, talks are still on going with the council about the changes

As its stands the changes are as follows:

* 31/32 - Revised timetable- still every 20mins
* 33/34 - Scunthorpe Bus Station - Westcliff only. Revised timetable- every 20mins other areas no longer served.
* 11, 37, 38, revised timetable- still hour
* 10 Withdrawn

The clock is ticking and time is running out, Will there be able to sort something out before the changes happen? Is anyone from the local area?
I'm from Scunthorpe and find the number 10 withdrawal and 33/34 rather worrying.
175mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:31   #3
overthewater
Established Member

There still talking to the council about replacements and there suppose to be changing a week on monday .
Old 27th March 2017, 13:49   #4
overthewater
Established Member

Looks like the council has stepped in and paid for one bus, while the 31/32 will no longer change:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/servic...7-09:49:35:279

Quote:
Following negotiations with North Lincolnshire Council there will be some changes to bus services from Monday 3 April 2017

Service 10 Off Peak Town Circular
This service will no longer run.

Services 33, 34 Westcliff, Bottesford, Ashby, Brumby
A revised service will be introduced. The route will no longer serve Brumby.

It will partly replace No10. See the map here: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3...orpe-Apr17.pdf

Service 100 Scunthorpe via Messingham to Gainsborough
Revised timetable: additional journeys will run to Scotter.

Service 103 Scunthorpe, via Messingham to Kirton, Lincoln
Revised timetable: buses will run approximately every two hours in the daytime, Monday to Saturday.
Old 27th March 2017, 15:21   #5
175mph
On Moderation

Quote:
Looks like the council has stepped in and paid for one bus, while the 31/32 will no longer change:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/servic...7-09:49:35:279
What I don't get is why the numbers have to be so high up in the first place, for example why can't 31 and 32 be simply 1 and 2 etc?

But it's great to see Westcliff and Manor Farm Road still linked to Lakeside even with the loss of the number 10.

And great too to see High/Low Leys Road linked with Lakeside for the first time in a long time, (I was told it hasn't been since the 1970s). Although I would have renumbered this revised 34 to number 10 if at all possible.

And as for Healey Road no longer having a service it's in contrast to when back in around 1994 I lived just off that road, and we had an every 15 minutes service.
175mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 11:04   #6
83G/84D
Established Member

Several of the ex Cambridge park & ride transfers are now in service here, I saw at least three on Friday.
83G/84D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 11:30   #7
TheGrandWazoo
Established Member

Location: Somerset with international travel (e.g. across the Severn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83G/84D View Post
Several of the ex Cambridge park & ride transfers are now in service here, I saw at least three on Friday.
Having done their stint at the Gold Cup Shuttle in Cheltenham?

A question for someone local.... Was in Newark and tried to hunt down the Stagecoach depot which is an outstation of Lincoln. Do they park up at Travel Wright and no vehicles were visible, or is it elsewhere and I missed the place?
TheGrandWazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 12:11   #8
83G/84D
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
Having done their stint at the Gold Cup Shuttle in Cheltenham?

A question for someone local.... Was in Newark and tried to hunt down the Stagecoach depot which is an outstation of Lincoln. Do they park up at Travel Wright and no vehicles were visible, or is it elsewhere and I missed the place?
No the one's I saw were in standard Stagecoach colours, I assume recently converted from park & ride dual door configuration.
Old 28th March 2017, 12:25   #9
overthewater
Established Member

Google says this is the outstation. Brunel Business Park, Jessop Close, Northern Road Industrial Estate, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2AG,
Old 28th March 2017, 12:36   #10
TheGrandWazoo
Established Member

Location: Somerset with international travel (e.g. across the Severn)

Quote:
Google says this is the outstation. Brunel Business Park, Jessop Close, Northern Road Industrial Estate, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2AG,
That's the same address as Travel Wright whose depot I did find I was wondering if Stagecoach are a tenant there or have they other premises that I didn't find
TheGrandWazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 13:49   #11
ashworth

I hadn't realised until recently just how sparse some of the bus services are to/from Newark with virtually no evening or Sunday services on most routes. I've become quite used to this in many quite sizeable market towns around the country when I've been on holiday, but I didn't realise that it was the same in Newark.

I found this out when I was trying to get a bus from Newark to Lincoln, only to find that there is no regular service. I was expecting a bus at least hourly. I suppose crossing a county boundary doesn't help. I know that there is a regular train service but I did expect a few more buses than there actually are.
ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 14:54   #12
overthewater
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
That's the same address as Travel Wright whose depot I did find I was wondering if Stagecoach are a tenant there or have they other premises that I didn't find
Hopeful someone can answers this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashworth View Post
I hadn't realised until recently just how sparse some of the bus services are to/from Newark with virtually no evening or Sunday services on most routes. I've become quite used to this in many quite sizeable market towns around the country when I've been on holiday, but I didn't realise that it was the same in Newark.

I found this out when I was trying to get a bus from Newark to Lincoln, only to find that there is no regular service. I was expecting a bus at least hourly. I suppose crossing a county boundary doesn't help. I know that there is a regular train service but I did expect a few more buses than there actually are.
Stagecoach DID try an hourly service between Lincoln and Newark, part of the No3 service but it been gone now for five years? there was a No87 I cant remember who run that.

Now its left to the 46 and 47.
http://www.pccoaches.co.uk/timetable...lincoln-newark
https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3...-046-Aug16.pdf
Old 28th March 2017, 22:02   #13
mbonwick
Established Member

The ex-Cambridge P&R E400s currently in service with Lincoln have not been to Cheltenham; they went to Bus & Coach World, Blackburn for single door conversion in late January.

Those that did do race shuttles should now be heading for B&CW.
Old 29th March 2017, 10:54   #14
83G/84D
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
The ex-Cambridge P&R E400s currently in service with Lincoln have not been to Cheltenham; they went to Bus & Coach World, Blackburn for single door conversion in late January.

Those that did do race shuttles should now be heading for B&CW.
I saw something similar posted elsewhere, thanks for confirming that.

Here is 19305 leaving Lincoln bus station on Friday last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09887.jpg (201.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 30th March 2017, 12:18   #15
mph1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashworth View Post

Lincoln isn't much better for evening and weekend services

I have a feeling however that the bus between Lincoln and Newark isn;t stagecoach ( PC Coaches 47 four journies each direction in the day time ) and of course the Stagecoach EMT rail service.

I also suspect that the traditional shopping flows from Newark are to Nottingham rather than Lincoln and employment wise the early morning and late night services needed by the Newark/ A1 based employers have never operated.

Last edited by mph1977; 30th March 2017 at 12:29.
mph1977 is offline   Reply With Quote