RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > Other Public Transport > Buses & Coaches

Old 30th March 2017, 12:59   #16
overthewater
Established Member

Three posts above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthewater View Post
overthewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 30th March 2017, 14:25   #17
asb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandWazoo View Post
A question for someone local.... Was in Newark and tried to hunt down the Stagecoach depot which is an outstation of Lincoln. Do they park up at Travel Wright and no vehicles were visible, or is it elsewhere and I missed the place?
Yes, they park at Travel Wright's depot
asb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:14   #18
overthewater
Established Member

More changes have gone though including what was suggested in the first place, on 11, 31/32, 37/38

Quote:
Following negotiations with North Lincolnshire Council there will be some changes to bus services from Monday 3 April 2017

Service 10 Off Peak Town Circular
This service will no longer run.

Service 11 Town Centre, Bottesford
Journeys will run 5 minutes later.

Services 31, 32 Westcliff, Ashby, Frodingham
All journeys will be retimed.

Services 33, 34 Westcliff, Bottesford, Ashby, Brumby
A revised service will be introduced. The route will no longer serve Brumby.

Service 37 Town Centre, Birkeley
The timetable will be revised to depart the Bus Station at 20 minutes past the hour. The first journey Monday to Friday will be at 0920

Service 38 Town Centre, Crosby
The 0920 journey from the Bus Station will depart at 0955 and journeys will continue to run at 55 minutes past the hour throughout the day.

Service 100 Scunthorpe via Messingham to Gainsborough
Revised timetable: additional journeys will run to Scotter.

Service 103 Scunthorpe, via Messingham to Kirton, Lincoln
Revised timetable: buses will run approximately every two hours in the daytime,
It seems most Daytime 31/ 32 run thought onto the 6 meaning passengers can now travel to and from the Hospital.
overthewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 19:25   #19
83G/84D
Established Member

I am in Grimsby for a couple of days.Today I was surprised to see two Volvo B7TL partial open tops out on normal services.They don't normally go out on weekdays until later in the month. A Olympian open top was hiding in the bus depot.
83G/84D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 08:16   #20
Boothby97
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83G/84D View Post
I am in Grimsby for a couple of days.Today I was surprised to see two Volvo B7TL partial open tops out on normal services.They don't normally go out on weekdays until later in the month. A Olympian open top was hiding in the bus depot.
We had it for a couple of days last week (Thursday and Friday), apparently we were that short of vehicles that they had to be used on normal services!
Was certainly surprised to see it happen and was one of the few to get a photo of one them out on a normal service https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbooth...in/dateposted/

The open top Olympian is 16314, which until last year was used as a spare vehicle for the Skegness open top operation, however DDA restricts its use and is therefore parked up in Grimsby depot.
Boothby97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 12:43   #21
83G/84D
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothby97 View Post
We had it for a couple of days last week (Thursday and Friday), apparently we were that short of vehicles that they had to be used on normal services!
Was certainly surprised to see it happen and was one of the few to get a photo of one them out on a normal service https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbooth...in/dateposted/

The open top Olympian is 16314, which until last year was used as a spare vehicle for the Skegness open top operation, however DDA restricts its use and is therefore parked up in Grimsby depot.
Thanks for the Olympian ID, I managed a ride on one of the open tops before they were put away again.
83G/84D is offline   Reply With Quote