RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > International Transport


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28th July 2017, 15:16   #121
CC 72100
Established Member
 
Join Date: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred43123 View Post
Did the 17:05 on Tuesday for the first time, really enjoyed it with the window down, had 67599! The 16:42 was double headed 72100s, 72049 & 72074. Is there anymore diesel hauled Transilien services that operate out of Paris or is that the only 2?
Good stuff - no, it's only La Ferté-Milon and Provins that are diesel. All provins trains are bi-mode units and La Ferté-Milon is also a bi-mode shuttle to Meaux for the rest of the day so that's your lot in terms of diesel Transilien.
CC 72100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 28th July 2017, 15:22   #122
daikilo
Member
 
Join Date: 2 Feb 2010
Posts: 980
Default

According to local press, the latest order for 30 Coradias will see their introduction on Toulouse-Hendaye and some services north of Bordeaux so likely replacing some more loco-hauled.
daikilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 23:59   #123
Gordon
Member
 
Join Date: 11 Feb 2011
Location: Sutton
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred43123 View Post
The 16:42 was double headed 72100s, 72049 & 72074.
Note that 72049 and 72074 are absolutely not class 72100s! They are two of the three surviving original CC72000 class.

72049 dates from December 1970, so has been running unrebuilt for 46.5 years. It is just about a year younger than 67406 which is still active out of Paris Est also!



.
__________________
European Railways Consultant, French Railways Consultant, Swiss Railways Consultant. Travelling Europe since 1960 due to family ties near Geneva
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 02:18   #124
Fred43123
Member
 
Join Date: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Note that 72049 and 72074 are absolutely not class 72100s! They are two of the three surviving original CC72000 class.

72049 dates from December 1970, so has been running unrebuilt for 46.5 years. It is just about a year younger than 67406 which is still active out of Paris Est also!



.
Oops my bad. Blimey can't believe there is only 3 of them left!
__________________
Thanks, Fred GN
Fred43123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 00:13   #125
Gordon
Member
 
Join Date: 11 Feb 2011
Location: Sutton
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred43123 View Post
Oops my bad. Blimey can't believe there is only 3 of them left!
Yes, very very sad - of the big SNCF diesels only 12 left (1 68000, 3 72000 and 8 72100)



.
__________________
European Railways Consultant, French Railways Consultant, Swiss Railways Consultant. Travelling Europe since 1960 due to family ties near Geneva
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 02:01   #126
Please Explain
Le Vauban...
Member
 
Please Explain's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 Sep 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred43123 View Post
Did the 17:05 on Tuesday for the first time, really enjoyed it with the window down, had 67599! The 16:42 was double headed 72100s, 72049 & 72074. Is there anymore diesel hauled Transilien services that operate out of Paris or is that the only 2?
Like Gordon says, sounds like you struck gold there seeing TWO of the three surviving original machines double heading a service train out of Est! I would loved to ride behind those two all the way to Belfort. I bet they made a hell of a racket on the way out of Est?!
__________________
Adieu aux trains internationaux Bruxelles, Luxembourg, Metz, Strasbourg, Bâle.. -(EC 90/91 Vauban, EC 96/97 Iris) - 1987-2016...
Please Explain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8
© RailUK Forums 2005 - 2017