RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Rail & Transport > International Transport

Old 19th September 2017, 05:36   #46
Gadget88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Thalys is the main operator of cross-boarder services between France and Germany; look to the ownership, and that of Eurostar. Competitive services unlikely, and would be in name only.

For a direct service between London and German cities to get off the ground, it would most likely need to be set in motion by a third part such as from Austria, or Italy. Only then would I expect to see any motivation from euroStar.
I noticed this link a while back

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ne...German-cities/

You can change at Brussels. I would ever have thought Euro star would go to Amsterdam and 20 odd years later it will. I reckon they will eventually find some direct service to Germany as there is a demand for trains especially in the UK with the new high speed line planned.
Gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 19th September 2017, 14:47   #47
ooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Thalys is the main operator of cross-boarder services between France and Germany; look to the ownership, and that of Eurostar. Competitive services unlikely, and would be in name only.

For a direct service between London and German cities to get off the ground, it would most likely need to be set in motion by a third part such as from Austria, or Italy. Only then would I expect to see any motivation from euroStar.
Thalys are also one of the main operators from Brussels to Amsterdam yet Eurostar are going to start services
ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 04:17   #48
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo View Post
Thalys are also one of the main operators from Brussels to Amsterdam yet Eurostar are going to start services
Yes, to fill service gaps.
Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote