12th October 2009, 12:38
Join Date: 7 Aug 2005
It is your responsibility to ensure all your contributions to this forum are respectful
. All the rules below apply to all contributions in all areas of the forum, if any content causes you concern, please alert us to it, by reporting (
- We aim to create a friendly environment for all members, where individuals respect each other. Please ensure your contributions comply with this.
- Do not post information that may lead to the personal details of any individual being identified without their permission unless already publicly available.
- Do not post material which in any way discriminates against, or provokes, any person or group of persons.
- Do not share private messages on the forum without permission from the sender or forum staff. If you are concerned about a message, use the report button.
- When copying others' material you should credit the publication, website and author as applicable. If you are in any doubt please ask us by private message.
- Please ensure your contributions are suitable for the wide age range we have as forum members. We have a duty to ensure that offensive material has no place on this forum, and that content remains family friendly.
- Please ensure your contributions are accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- If you wish to advertise, promote or fundraise on the forum, you must first obtain permission by contacting us.
- We have difficult moderation judgements to make, which we appreciate not everyone will agree with. Please do not discuss moderator actions and decisions on the forum. If you have any concerns please contact us.
- Moderation decisions may result in us reviewing, editing or removing any contribution at any time.
- On occasions where we remove content from the forum, this must not be re-published.
- New threads should be given appropriate, descriptive titles and subsequent posts should remain relevant to the original topic.
- If referring to an external source you should put the text in QUOTE tags (), provide details of the source and make a relevant comment to promote discussion.
- If posting a personal suggestion for changes to rail provision, you should make this position clear in the thread title so readers are clear it is not based on the work or aspirations of any recognised body.
- If posting a thread requesting a list of examples of a specific, or combination of characteristics, you should start the thread title with "Trivia:".
- Your contributions must not defame any person or organisation.
- Your contributions must be consistent with relevant conditions, laws and byelaws.
Signatures, avatars and accounts
- All contributions should be readable and understandable. You should avoid the use of excessive formatting, and make reasonable efforts to use legible fonts and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar in all your contributions.
- When quoting other members' posts, please attempt to quote only the parts relevant to your response. Quoting long posts in full should be avoided.
- Please remember many members do not understand rail “jargon” (including acronyms, station codes and specialist terms). Such terms should be correctly defined the first time they are used; codes and abbreviations must not be made up.
- Please respect others' bandwidth; many members use mobile devices and/or have slow connections.
- We have a “one account per person” policy, except with permission under exceptional circumstances.
- Avatars must be reasonable and non-animated.
- Signature limits are:
- Up to two lines of size 2 text; maximum 150 characters (including spaces)
- Use of bold and colours must be reasonable and not excessive
- Only a non-animated image is allowed
- Overall maximum height 60 pixels; width 500 pixels (inclusive of image, text and blank lines)
Please see our FAQ
for further information on moderation policies and penalties.
Last edited by yorkie; 29th February 2016 at 09:10.
Reason: Increased signature height limit from 40 pixels to 60 pixels