RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > UK Railway Forums > UK Railway Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2012, 23:01   #1
NIMBUS

Default Even more colour on Chiltern services

Noted this evening, the Chiltern Banbury ("Risborough Flyer") set has been formed up this weekend with Arriva Trains Wales DVT 82307 at the country end, complementing the mix of blue-and-grey and unbranded Virgin liveried stock and the ex-WSMR loco.
Sponsored links - Registered users do not see these banners - join today!
Old 10th April 2012, 00:05   #2
jones_bangor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMBUS View Post
Noted this evening, the Chiltern Banbury ("Risborough Flyer") set has been formed up this weekend with Arriva Trains Wales DVT 82307 at the country end, complementing the mix of blue-and-grey and unbranded Virgin liveried stock and the ex-WSMR loco.
How interesting!

I think the blue-and-grey stock is the ex-WSMR / Cargo-D stock that some posters have suggested are coming to ATW for the WG Express.

Testing the Arriva DVTs?
Old 10th April 2012, 10:02   #3
General Zod
North Pole Signal Vc818

I saw it heading towards London on Sunday morning / afternoon and was pleasantly amused by the mixed bag of assorted colours.
Old 10th April 2012, 23:47   #4
NIMBUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones_bangor View Post
I think the blue-and-grey stock is the ex-WSMR / Cargo-D stock that some posters have suggested are coming to ATW for the WG Express.
The set is due a light refurb later in the year (not to Mainline standard) but is staying with Chiltern.

Quote:
Testing the Arriva DVTs?
That's my assumption too.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:37   #5
TDK
Driver
Established Member

Quote:
How interesting!

Testing the Arriva DVTs?
Most likely borrowing them until ATW need them to refit the existing Chiltern ones with the extras for the gen and the sliding door upgrades
Old 12th April 2012, 00:44   #6
NIMBUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK View Post
Most likely borrowing them until ATW need them to refit the existing Chiltern ones with the extras for the gen and the sliding door upgrades
There's enough slack in the Chiltern fleet to allow for some DVTs to go away for generator fitting (it's being going on for months and they already have some generator-fitted DVTs back from overhaul and in service) so, unless there have been some failures to deplete the fleet, commissioning on behalf of ATW is more probable.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:50   #7
jopsuk
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMBUS View Post
The set is due a light refurb later in the year (not to Mainline standard) but is staying with Chiltern.

Surely it will get sliding doors as well if it is staying? It would be interesting if they ended up painting the carriages to match the "Chiltern" liveried DVT
Closed Thread