RailUK Forums
RailUK Forums > Other Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2013, 15:12   #1
Manchester77
Established Member

Default Wheres Clive? (Miranda)

For all the Miranda watchers in this recent series (3) you may have noticed that Clive isn't there. Clive was at the restaraunt and is the camp guy who is the waiter. But this series he's not there so

WHERE'S CLIVE?
Old 19th January 2013, 15:40   #2
Karl

Unfortunately for Clive, he made the error of travelling by train.

His Carnet ticket was smudged and he was hauled over the coals. It later transpired that he'd also used an Advanced Ticket on the wrong train. His credit card was declined so he was issued an MG11.

If this wasn't enough, his next attempt at rail travel involved him not meeting a guard on the train. He tried to buy a ticket at his destination, but the RPIs were having none of that!

His next journey was delayed by 1 hour, however he was a decent chap and wouldn't even consider applying for Delay Repay. He's a normal bloke and understands these things happen. In fact, he just can't understand the mentality of those who've made multiple claims of Delay Repay.

Unforunately Clive's last journey was the nail in the coffin. The 19.32 1M54 was full to the rafters and the only available space was in the 1st Class vestibule..... the rest you can guess

Poor Clive now has a criminal record and will never work again!

Welcome to British railway travel!!!
Old 19th January 2013, 15:44   #3
Wyvern
Established Member

Clive is actually the owner, so perhaps he's left Gary (his chef) in charge.

(according to imdb)

However it looks as though Gary is about to branch out with a restaurant of his own.
Old 19th January 2013, 16:28   #4
ryan125hst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Unfortunately for Clive, he made the error of travelling by train.

His Carnet ticket was smudged and he was hauled over the coals. It later transpired that he'd also used an Advanced Ticket on the wrong train. His credit card was declined so he was issued an MG11.

If this wasn't enough, his next attempt at rail travel involved him not meeting a guard on the train. He tried to buy a ticket at his destination, but the RPIs were having none of that!

His next journey was delayed by 1 hour, however he was a decent chap and wouldn't even consider applying for Delay Repay. He's a normal bloke and understands these things happen. In fact, he just can't understand the mentality of those who've made multiple claims of Delay Repay.

Unforunately Clive's last journey was the nail in the coffin. The 19.32 1M54 was full to the rafters and the only available space was in the 1st Class vestibule..... the rest you can guess

Poor Clive now has a criminal record and will never work again!

Welcome to British railway travel!!!
Hilarious! After all that, you wonder why he didn't just buy a first class ALR. I'm guessing all those journeys were in the same week. As long as he didn't travel before 10am to/from the list of stations on National Rail's website, he would have been fine.

Now lets get back on topic. To be honest, I didn't notice, but now you mention it, I haven't seen him at all in this series.

I'm glad it's not just me that enjoys watching it. My Dad always says its rubbish, although it doesn't stop him from watching it sometimes. Such fun!
Old 19th January 2013, 16:37   #5
Manchester77
Established Member

Gary said he's buying it cos he was filling out a loan to buy it in the dinner party episode so could this be the final end if Clive...?
Old 19th January 2013, 16:38   #6
martin2345uk
Get me out of here.

I find Miranda a bit like being tickled; it can make me laugh, but I don't particularly enjoy it!
Old 19th January 2013, 16:52   #7
Greenback

I noticed it in episode one of this series. I think that the mysterious disappearance of Clive is linked to the mysterious disappearance of Mr Foley (the pub owner) from the new series of Mrs Brown's Boys. After all, they are both shown on the same night.

My guess is that Clive and Mr Foley have decided to elope and open a joint bar and restaurant in Spain, where there is a sunnier and warmer climate.
Old 19th January 2013, 16:57   #8
Manchester77
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
I noticed it in episode one of this series. I think that the mysterious disappearance of Clive is linked to the mysterious disappearance of Mr Foley (the pub owner) from the new series of Mrs Brown's Boys. After all, they are both shown on the same night.

My guess is that Clive and Mr Foley have decided to elope and open a joint bar and restaurant in Spain, where there is a sunnier and warmer climate.
Oh yeah, it's Sharon who does the bar in mrs browns boys now..
Old 19th January 2013, 17:02   #9
Giugiaro
Undergrounder

This thread just startled me.

Miranda happens to be my surname.
Old 19th January 2013, 19:21   #10
MCR247
Established Member

Ugh - Miranda
Old 19th January 2013, 19:34   #11
WestCoast
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin2345uk View Post
I find Miranda a bit like being tickled; it can make me laugh, but I don't particularly enjoy it!
That's exactly how I feel about it too!
Old 19th January 2013, 21:24   #12
IanD
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin2345uk View Post
I find Miranda (the character/program) quite amusing but Miranda (the real person) extremely irritating.
Old 20th January 2013, 01:00   #13
Mojo
Administrator
Administrator

Miranda is the funniest programme on TV!

My favourite episode ever was the "Holiday" episode from Series 1. Where she went on holiday in her own town!
Old 20th January 2013, 01:06   #14
Manchester77
Established Member

Before I die or just act normal are my favourites

Only Miranda could get mistaken for Amanda Barnes :")
Old 20th January 2013, 04:30   #15
GatwickDepress
442 aficionado

I'd probably like it more if it weren't for a certain sibling quoting it ad nauseum...
I preferred Miranda Richardson in Hyperdrive anyway!
Closed Thread