• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink/ Class 700 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunset route

Long train, short run round loop?

Nee problem we could always do a mainline runaround using the crossover at Reedham siding (Stoats Nest) and Redhill, we should be able to fit a loco plus 12 plus umpteen brake force wagons in there lol :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
It's due to shunting issues and train length. Been the same for all deliveries and believe it will be going forward.

One is 700006 but the number on the one on the left isn't so clear possibly 011 or 007?

It looks like the speed of deliveries might start picking up soon with plenty of 8 car units finished.

Is there any news on the translator wagons?

What news on the translators are you waiting for? They've been in use since the 5th delivery.

So we are looking at the following locations so far;

700/0 8 cars
001 - Velim
002 - On route to UK, Wednesday delivery
003 - Wildenrath
004 - Wildenrath
005 - unknown
006 - Duren
007 - Duren (maybe)

700/1 12 cars
101 - Wildenrath
102 - Three Bridges
103 - Wildenrath
104 - Wildenrath
105 - unknown
106 - Three Bridges
107 - Three Bridges
108 - Three Bridges
109 - Three Bridges
110 - Three Bridges
111 - Three Bridges
112 - Wildenrath
113 - Wildenrath
114 - Wildenrath

Last edited:

Fincra5

Established Member
There was an 8 Car at TBD sidings when I drove past earlier...

In my Opinion these trains look like Caterpillars or Worms... :D

Skimble19

Established Member
We're getting our new Class 700 only ramps installed at stations at present across the GN route..

As much as I'm not keen on the interior of these things it will certainly bring a very drastic change for everyone, and it seems to be approaching extremely fast now.

Class377/5

Established Member
I noticed yesterday the diamond shaped stopping points have appeared at Kent House now. Still none on the Catford Loop though, which is odd as they will serve that line much more frequently than the route via Penge!

Other than being a diversionary route the 700s will serve that stations from later this year's until January and 2018.

Also of note this evening there were 6x 700s outside the depot including 700002. The shorter versions looks bit werid.

westcoaster

Established Member
I noticed yesterday the diamond shaped stopping points have appeared at Kent House now. Still none on the Catford Loop though, which is odd as they will serve that line much more frequently than the route via Penge!

Also appeared Orpington to sevenoaks. And only at Mitcham eastields around the loop.
700107 spent the day at bedford yesterday, compatibility testing in jowett sidings.

Skimble19

Established Member
Well, in yet another wonderful Govia branding decision, all delivered and built 700s will now need rebranding as there's now a new Thameslink logo....! Those nice illuminated signs on the depot will need changing too.

And yes, the attached logo genuinely is the new logo for those who will inevitably think it's fake :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 282

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
Well, in yet another wonderful Govia branding decision, all delivered and built 700s will now need rebranding as there's now a new Thameslink logo....! Those nice illuminated signs on the depot will need changing too.

And yes, the attached logo genuinely is the new logo for those who will inevitably think it's fake :lol:

Marginally less crap than the old one.

Ravensbourne has just got new grey and white signs which are all but identical to the perfectly decent navy and white signs they replaced.

That looks awfully like the original pre-GTR 'ThamesLink' branding which subsequently updated to the newer triangle one. (Photos found through quick Google from April 2015)

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/FC2BHA/siemens-thameslink-train-for-london-FC2BHA.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/668/23188589439_8c12c56a49_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fincra5

Established Member

Always thought the original one as appeared on 700's was better than the one Govia produced.

I suppose this new update makes it more suited to the 700's livery. The current one looks out of place.

physics34

Established Member

source?

southern442

Established Member

Why oh why oh why do people make these rebranding decisions AFTER the old brands are in full swing? It has already happened this year with the """"Elizabeth Line"""" and now it is happening again. For something people don't care about it is hardly worth spending all that money to do. It wastes money that could be properly spent on something meaningful and not stupid and trivial, and it is very short-sighted and quite frankly idiotic of managerial figures to make a last-minute change like this. I now see why they can't cope with running trains on time.

westcoaster

Established Member
It's not happening straight away en-mass, rebranding will only happen as and when it is needed. Iirc over many years.

Sprinter153

I'm not a fan of the current craze for CamelCasing everything. It's always been 'Thameslink', there isn't any value to changing it. It scans a lot less comfortably too.

Via Bank

The logo is genuine. It was in a staff briefing last week.

It's part of something bigger and making the brand count/stand for something.

A cynic might suggest that Thameslink's reputation has been so diabolical of late (not just because of performance but because of appalling customer info/aftercare and staff relations) that they're desperate to shed that image. And somehow becoming ThamesLink/ will fix this. Maybe. Somehow.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Trains don't run on crew diagrams

I'm aware. They run on Engineering/Unit Diagrams (I think) They even list the individual unit diagram on the stock sheet every morning. However; I believe you know exactly what I'm talking about. We get our diagrams and they are split with unit type. Every diagram I work has a unit type listed by each service I run. Its part of how rosters and diagrams etc allocate work to my depot and my link. Again, I'm pretty sure you knew that already.

My guess is that they will run the same service each day too. You yourself listed a set of routes and train lengths.

(not that Thameslink has crews, just a driver).

Pretty sure I am always referred to as Traincrew. I even have my PNB in the "crew room" FYI. I'm one of the trained monkeys up the front pulling the levers and pressing the pretty buttons for peanuts and the yellow bendy fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.