• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino Naming

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,

Not exactly a Quiz, but just a bit of fun.

On the way back from Liverpool last year, me and some friends were trying to think of some ...alternative... names for pendolinos.

Here are some we thought of - but let's hear your suggestions:

Virgin On The Ridiculous
Virgin Rider
Virgin On The Sublime
Virgin Glory [I know it technically is a pendolino, but its funny in this context]
Virgin Hope [again...]
Virgin ITY
Virgin Hole
Virgin Once
Virgin Someday
Virgin Yesterday
Virgin Technically
Virgin Maker
Virgin Breaker
Virgins Frustrations
Virgin Maybe
Virgin Tomorrow
Virgin Never Came
Virgin On Weekends
Virgin Train
Virgin Wanted
Virgin Needed
Virgin Recieved
Virgin Used
Virgin Won't Stop
Virgin Won't Go
Virgin Impossible
Virgin Guardian
Virgin Recycled

OK so they get a bit silly...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Penny The Pedo
Virgin Screwdriver
390401 Virgin Mary queen of scots :lol:

Established Member
"Scrap Me"

:lol: i wish

Burn Me

Recycle me i could become a childs toy or a plastic tray OR A PLANE recyle the possibilities are endless

however i think the nameplate for the latter would have a few problems fitting onto the unit

Virgin - Never go all the way.

Much like their Units today! Heaps of......

Nice! I was at crewe the other day, and two pendolinos come in. Both are about 20 mins late - one to Glasgow and one to London, on pl. 1 and 5 respectively. The boards then change, to show London on pl.1, and Glasgow on pl.5. Everyone gets off the train on pl.5, and is told to go to pl.1. Then everyone gets off the one on pl.1 and is told to go to the one on pl.5. Commence confusion...

...Once the commotion has died down, I ask what was happening. Apparently the driver cab for the train in pl.5 had a problem, but only in the one direction, so they simply swap the direction of travel at crewe, and swap the passengers between trains... well its a nice way of doing it, but must've ****ed off those with decent seats!

MCR247

Established Member
:lol: i wish

Burn Me

Recycle me i could become a childs toy or a plastic tray OR A PLANE recyle the possibilities are endless

however i think the nameplate for the latter would have a few problems fitting onto the unit

why do you refer to them as 'plastic'?

Geezertronic

Established Member
Gets on my tits a bit when people keep slagging off the Pendolino. I must be travelling on different 390 trains to you guys...

Had another relaxing and quality ride down to Euston today in 1st Class, bit delayed but not bothered about that. There's certainly nothing plastic about them from where I sit in either 1st or Std Class. Grayrigg is a testament to the build quality with only the one unfortunate fatality.

Crossover

Established Member
I think some of the names are quite apt, especially the "Virgin doesn;t go all the way" considering most on the WCML terminated at Milton Keynes for the best part of today, not their fault but still...

I also have to agree with Geezertronic too, the Pendolinos aren't that bad and I would much rather it be a train like that I travel on than some of the other older stuff thats around (as I use them locally sometimes too for the latter parts of their journey from London etc) but do wish the windows were that little big bigger. I'll stop there though as I feel it is slightly off topic now :)

Mintona

Established Member
Nice! I was at crewe the other day, and two pendolinos come in. Both are about 20 mins late - one to Glasgow and one to London, on pl. 1 and 5 respectively. The boards then change, to show London on pl.1, and Glasgow on pl.5. Everyone gets off the train on pl.5, and is told to go to pl.1. Then everyone gets off the one on pl.1 and is told to go to the one on pl.5. Commence confusion...

...Once the commotion has died down, I ask what was happening. Apparently the driver cab for the train in pl.5 had a problem, but only in the one direction, so they simply swap the direction of travel at crewe, and swap the passengers between trains... well its a nice way of doing it, but must've ****ed off those with decent seats!

Woah, someone at Virgin control does have a brain :shock:;)

Geezertronic

Established Member
I would have imagined it would have pee'd them off a lot more if they'd have sat there until the the issue was fixed or until the next train came along and been jam packed.

Nice to see some common sense.

Crossover

Established Member
I would have imagined it would have pee'd them off a lot more if they'd have sat there until the the issue was fixed or until the next train came along and been jam packed.

Nice to see some common sense.

Or the standard of just cancelling the service straight off which is another common occurence I guess....very confusing at the time but soon made sense (me being me wished I knew what the problem had been though!)

P.S. I was there as well along with simonalexander05, hence why i refer to being there :)

SuperVoyager

I'm trying Soooooooo Sooooo hard not to look at some of the posts on this page. (No Names) Cough... 37401 Devonmetro<(

Death

Established Member
Sorry to say it...But if 370006 ever returns to the rails, I've got a damn good name in mind for her to be recommissioned with... ;)

370006: Virgin Defiler :shock::lol::razz:

...And given just how much faster she'd be than anything Virgin's got in their engine shed, it's a name that she'd really deserve, too! <D

Death

Established Member
Maybe a tad less controversial than Virgin Butcher?
Possibly, possibly. I like yours better though...More emphesis on true Bloodshed, and less on sexual connotations. I wonder if NR would consider Virgin Destroyer and Virgin Slaughter too strong or unnerving to be acceptable as unit names? <D

Going back to the original subject for a moment though; If VT decide to buy another batch of Pendos and push their fleet up to seventy units or more, I reckon that 390069 would be best named Not a Virgin... :lol:;)

Crossover

Established Member
I know it's been a while since the last post on here but after 390004's "antics" today at Oxley maybe:
Virgin Off The Rails

Lampshade

Established Member
Possibly, possibly. I like yours better though...More emphesis on true Bloodshed, and less on sexual connotations. I wonder if NR would consider Virgin Destroyer and Virgin Slaughter too strong or unnerving to be acceptable as unit names? <D

Going back to the original subject for a moment though; If VT decide to buy another batch of Pendos and push their fleet up to seventy units or more, I reckon that 390069 would be best named Not a Virgin... :lol:;)

Virgin Destroyer sounds fantastic, should be painted battleship grey to match :D

LE Greys

Established Member
Virgin Destroyer sounds fantastic, should be painted battleship grey to match :D

Suggesting:

Virgin Battleship
Virgin Cruiser
Virgin Frigate
Virgin Corvette
Virgin Gunboat
and perhaps
Virgin Submarine
Virgin Bomber (note to terror squad, it's an aeroplane)
Virgin Fighter
Virgin Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.