• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

F1 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
Just watched a re-run of FP2 (I couldn't be bothered to stay up and watch it last night). My prediction now, before FP3 and qualification is that HRT will not take part in the race, as they won't meet the 107% time in Q1.

The car looks as though it corners worse than a pig on ice skates! :shock:

With that in mind, I don't hold out much hope for them qualifying for any of the first 4 races, seeing as they are all fly-away races so getting spare parts to the team will be costly (they seem to have less funding than what Minardi had).

Oh, the Red Bulls are sand-bagging to a certain extent, as that had roughly 70-80kg of fuel in the cars compared to the rest. Mind you, McLaren had about 60kg of fuel in the cars in FP2 as well. These figures come from a couple of usually well informed F1 insiders via Twitter.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Speaking of Minardi, I went through an entire season on an older F1 game and won every race in a Minardi. Realism of racing huh? The driver in question was Jarno Trulli, who raced only seven (I think) times for Minardi. A pat on the back to anyone who can tell me the season in question :p

That'll be 1997, he replaced Olivier Panis at Prost after Panis crashed in Canada :)

I still have that game btw.

Ivo

Established Member
That'll be 1997, he replaced Olivier Panis at Prost after Panis crashed in Canada :)

I still have that game btw.

On what format? Mine version is on the N64.

It's annoying having to wait until at least 1415, if not later, to be able to watch something [on iPlayer] that happened nearly ten hours earlier :(

Lampshade

Established Member
On what format? Mine version is on the N64.

It's annoying having to wait until at least 1415, if not later, to be able to watch something [on iPlayer] that happened nearly ten hours earlier :(

PlayStation <D

Just to rub it in, I watched it live this morning on RTL, and now I'm watching the rerun, also on RTL :lol:

EDIT: And the BBC Sport website shouldn't be allowed to show the result until their coverage has aired, a complaint methinks.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
must say the sky coverage was superior to that on the bbc last year! top marks to sky from me

Ivo

Established Member
So it is available - they're just playing dumb. Should have known :roll:

Now I know what happened though (to be fair, I could have guessed the front row).

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I recorded the BBC show on my Vision Box as I knew I'd be at work, then avoided this thread (just in case) and the BBC website, I didn't even listen to the radio!

Certainly a couple of surprises in Qualifying, I have to admit, but some of those cars really need some work.

bnm

Established Member
The BBC jumped at the chance to get out of their exclusive F1 contract a year early so BBC Sport could be shown to be doing something toward the cost cutting going on across the Corporation.

So why then, if the felt the need to cut costs, have they decided to still fly a presentation team to the Grand Prix they aren't covering live?

Could've saved a fair wodge by having Jake, David and Eddie studio based in Salford with just a commentary team and pit lane reporter sent to the Grand Prix.

As it is the BBC still need the full OB production team in Australia just for an edited highlights package. :roll:

That aside, well done to the..... oh. Hang on, won't spoil the Qualy result in case anyone should read this before watching. ;)

Lampshade

Established Member
Wonder how many the BBC are sending to Glastonbury this year <(

When the BBC had F1 the first time round, Murray Walker and James Hunt often sat in a studio in London to commentate, only flying out for key races - same with Ben Edwards/John Watson on Eurosport.

LE Greys

Established Member

When the BBC had F1 the first time round, Murray Walker and James Hunt often sat in a studio in London to commentate, only flying out for key races - same with Ben Edwards/John Watson on Eurosport.

"I can't quite see from my commentary position" ;)

Bungle73

On Moderation

That's when we only got a short highlights programme of some of the races. I remember it well
Georgie Thompson looking as lovely as ever on Sky Sports F1 channel earlier :D
What exactly is the point of that woman? She looks like she should be presenting a fashion programme not F1 coverage......

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
That's the sort of thing I expect MattE2010 to say (I wouldn't normally; just when it comes to her!)...

She's nothing special - it would take a lot more for me to watch the tedious, repetitive, boring Godawful rubbish that F1 is.

Ivo

Established Member
Australian Grand Prix

1)...Button
2)...Vettel
3)...Hamilton

Button overtook Hamilton on the first lap and held the race leader's position for the rest of the race.

Normally I'm quite nice to you, but this time I feel I need to say something a little harsher.

Way to spoil it <( Some of us can't watch it yet!

Mike C

Then clicking on this thread was probably not a good idea.

In future, may also wish to avoid news and sport websites, TV channels and radio.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Normally I'm quite nice to you, but this time I feel I need to say something a little harsher.

Way to spoil it <( Some of us can't watch it yet!

I completely forgot that all the races this year are not shown live to ALL the viewers and as such, all I can do is apologise to anyone such as you for the reasons that you have given and will promise not to let this occurrence happen again on this particular thread.

Slinks away furtively to a dark corner of the forum in disgrace and stands facing the wall in shame..:oops::roll:

Ivo

Established Member
I completely forgot that all the races this year are not shown live to ALL the viewers and as such, all I can do is apologise to anyone such as you for the reasons that you have given and will promise not to let this occurrence happen again on this particular thread.

Slinks away furtively to a dark corner of the forum in disgrace and stands facing the wall in shame..:oops::roll:

It's OK Paul. It happens. The following is certainly true:

Then clicking on this thread was probably not a good idea.

In future, may also wish to avoid news and sport websites, TV channels and radio.

I usually manage this, except for when MSN loads too quickly after viewing my e-mail reveals what happens before I can get away <(

Mike C

It's OK Paul. It happens. The following is certainly true:

I usually manage this, except for when MSN loads too quickly after viewing my e-mail reveals what happens before I can get away <(

I'm the same. In the past I have gone to some pretty extreme lengths to avoid the result only to hear someone talking about it in a fuel station on the way home to watch it.

richw

Veteran Member
there is a re-run on sky f1 channel now, if anyone with sky missed the 4am race.

bnm

Established Member
As the cat's out of the bag I'd like to congratulate my fellow Somersetian Jenson Button on a faultless drive to victory.

LE Greys

Established Member
As the cat's out of the bag I'd like to congratulate my fellow Somersetian Jenson Button on a faultless drive to victory.

And here's a bit of hope for you. Nine times out of ten, the winner of the first race goes on to win the championship.

Lampshade

Established Member
And here's a bit of hope for you. Nine times out of ten, the winner of the first race goes on to win the championship.

Aha, but the last person not to was Jenson Button :|

EDIT: No it wasn't, the first race of 2010 was Bore-rain.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
10 laps in and the mclarens are over a second a Lap quicker than anything else, unbelievable! well Button is, hamilton has made several unforced errors

Ivo

Established Member
Aha, but the last person not to was Jenson Button :|

EDIT: No it wasn't, the first race of 2010 was Bore-rain.

Right year though; it was when one of Brundle and Legard (as it was then) said the result - a Ferrari one-two, led by Alonso - looked "ominous".

Before that, it was Fisichella winning in 2005 - his team-mate would lift the title at the end of the season.

Then it was Coulthard in 2003, Irvine in 1999 and Coulthard again in 1997. That's as far as I can be bothered to go.

Not exactly 9-in-10 is it? Over the last 15 complete seasons that's a failure rate of 1-in-3, not 1-in-10 - and three of the five were from the UK :roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I wish the BBC would get their timings together. Why should people depending on iPlayer have to wait until 4pm for something that started at 4am?

(I doubt it really was 4am, but you know what I mean ;))

Last edited:

Lampshade

Established Member
I wish the BBC would get their timings together. Why should people depending on iPlayer have to wait until 4pm for something that started at 4am?

(I doubt it really was 4am, but you know what I mean ;))

6am ;)

Next week will be worse as the race is at 9am, that's a heck of a long time to live like a hermit before the highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.