• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper First Class Trip Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
As it says on the tin!

I hope you enjoy the video.

[youtube]YKQgkqdIhDc[/youtube]

Disclosure: this video may display adverts for you for which I will be paid (not very much but still!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MylesHSG

As it says on the tin!

I hope you enjoy the video.

[youtube]YKQgkqdIhDc[/youtube]

Disclosure: this video may display adverts for you for which I will be paid (not very much but still!)

Sorry if your train was grubby on the outside, last Wednesday they decided to only wash the previous days Lowland. :D

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
Nothing says First Class like a little plastic cup (it's red) of pop, and a flapjack in a napkin (also red!) :p

Cheapos!

Crossover

Established Member
I believe the "things" in the yard at Inverness are snow ploughs :)

Nothing says First Class like a little plastic cup (it's red) of pop, and a flapjack in a napkin (also red!) :p

Cheapos!

Well, the flapjack isn't something I have come across before - I was expecting the red plastic "glass" to end up with that popcorn in!

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Excellent video, very much enjoyed all your previous 1st class rail journey videos too, please keep them coming! :)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Excellent video, very much enjoyed all your previous 1st class rail journey videos too, please keep them coming! :)

Thank you :)

Also to come this year are:

FGW Pullman (route to be decided)
Amtrak Empire Builder, Portland-Chicago (3-parter)
Nightjet Deluxe Double-Decker Sleeper, Zurich-Hamburg
Highland Chieftain 1st Class
Fort Bill-London Caledonian Sleeper in midsummer

...plus whatever else I can fit in, potential for an Amtrak Acela trip after the summer.

I'm sure whenever CS improve and replace the sleeper carriages it'll be a good service, but it won't be the same as it is today...

Status
Not open for further replies.