£11.50 on the Oyster from Wimbledon to Heathrow?!

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Dormouse, 2 May 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dormouse

Dormouse Member

Hi, I just travelled from Wimbledon to Heathrow terminals 1-3 on my adult unregistered Oyster. I touched in at Wimbledon (at the ticket hall before the barriers, even though they were open) and changed to the Piccadilly line at Earls Court. When I touched out at Heathrow I noticed it had charged me £11.50! Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm quite upset as I checked several websites and they all said it would cost £5.50 maximum, even at peak time. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. pinguini

pinguini Member

You sure that £11.50 isnt your remaining balance?

4. Dormouse

Dormouse Member

Yes. Unless the journey only cost £1.50 (I had £13 on there at the start) which seems unlikely... I'm not an Oyster expert but do use it from time to time.

5. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

After a day or two, log in to Oyster Online* and take a screenshot and upload it here as an attachment.

(* If you have registered online? If not go to a station to obtain a journey history printout)
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    fixed that for you ;)

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/faresandtickets/farefinder/current/default.aspx

Off peak single fare is £1.50

It only costs more if you travel at peak time and/or if you go via Zone 1.

6. Dormouse

Dormouse Member

That's brilliant - thank you very much. If it DID charge me £11.50 I'll get a printout (good to know you can do that), but it seems unlikely.

7. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

No problem :) If you've not yet registered at Oyster Online, I highly recommend you do so. Auto top-up is well worth considering too.

8. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

Do different barriers display different info when touching in/out? Sometimes there is only one price visible and sometimes there are two.

9. paddington

paddington Member

Usually you're told your remaining balance and the (fare deducted, which I think is in brackets).

10. MikeWh

MikeWh Established Member Senior Fares Advisor

You usually see one figure on entry (the balance before entry charge deduction) and two figures on exit (the new balance and the resulting overall charge for the journey currently being made up to that point in brackets).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.