• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£22m line upgrade on the Metro to begin in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Nexus are spending around £22m on line upgrades between Byker and Tynemouth this year, which will see the line closed for 2 seperate 23 days stints, the first starting in March. Some of the stations will also be modernised, with North Shields having £3m spent on it.

More info found here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

317 forever

Established Member
I shall take care to time my next visit to avoid these rebuilding works. I would probably enjoy my trip more after I can see the difference. I haven't been to the area since 2004 though.

Established Member
I shall take care to time my next visit to avoid these rebuilding works. I would probably enjoy my trip more after I can see the difference. I haven't been to the area since 2004 though.

I wouldn't advise coming up to gon on the Metro during the works, the part between Tynemouth and South Gosforth will be packed with more people trying to get on the trains going that way than usual, and the buses will be rammed as well.

I'm going back up just before the blockade to get some pictures of the stations before they are changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.