• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£3 advance tickets from London Victoria to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoony

Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Do these tickets actually exist? No matter which dates Ive tried to get them for Ive never managed to find them, best Ive found is £13.90 single. Looking to travel out on the 9th feb approx midday (need time to arrive from Newcastle to London) and return the next day. Anyone know how to find these tickets, or indeed if its possible a through ticket from Newcastle-Portsmouth (return) which would be cheaper? All fares would be adult. Cheers. Chris

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southern

Try back around the 10th January. The Southern website is currently showing the £3 advance bookings up until 12th December only. Hope this helps.

Regards
Marc

P.S. You wouldn't happen to be going down for the Portsmouth vs Sunderland match, would you?

spoony

Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Try back around the 10th January. The Southern website is currently showing the £3 advance bookings up until 12th December only. Hope this helps.

Regards
Marc

P.S. You wouldn't happen to be going down for the Portsmouth vs Sunderland match.

Thanks, Indeed I would. Tickets are only £20 apparently and I have a few days booked off work. Always enjoy travelling to Pompey, but I dont fancy 8/9 hours either way on a supporters coach. Was really hoping to have some travel in place before the 10th January, and if necessary will get the national express coach instead. Im hoping to book the book £15 singles Newcastle - Kings Cross next week.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Take a look at megatrain for the SWT fast services from London, Southern tickets are not yet open for booking for the dates you need.

Cheers, thats a spot on idea. Just had a browse on their website and their fares are from a £1 upwards. Only on sale up till January though so will have to keep on checking:)

The Megatrain Tickets are only on sale till Dec 24th as Im trying to book them for early Jan as well so it cant be to long till they put the Tickets on there site.

MKB

When I wanted London-Portsmouth last summer, I found the cheapest Advance fares came up from Nuneaton to Portsmouth via London!

Status
Not open for further replies.