• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£32bn: what would it buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
The third runway at Heathrow wouldn't have cost anything though, it was fully private funding from BAA Ltd...

My God what a crazy world we live in.........:p

How many short haul aircraft and improvements to other Airports would that amount of money pay for ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
And what would you do with the trains while you did that? :P

Have knitting on Camp Hill and Snow Hill, a chord to enable trains to get to Wolverhampton and Euston from Moor Street, rail replacement for everything else!

Schnellzug

Established Member
...or being left on the platform as three full rakes pass by; there only being 50 seats per carriage rather than 75. Tables take up room.

the point, though, is that they had to make do with silly short trains because of either Government stinginess or incompetence by those who specified them. The point here is that this is a 'money no object' kind of scenario. I'm talking about proper trains, 12 coaches or so, that kind of thing.
Anyway, a mk 3 can accommodate 74 or so as it is, admittedly not all in bays.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
!

My God what a crazy world we live in.........:p

How many short haul aircraft and improvements to other Airports would that amount of money pay for ?

the only benefit to Heathrow being UK International is that it provides a nice lucrative business for everyone getting people to there from everywhere else in the country. What we need is to decentralise; stop constantly pumping London up into a bigger and bigger monster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.