• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£5.10 added to Oyster PAYG balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicbasher

Established Member
£5.10 was added to my balance this morning. I obtained an Oyster Usage Statement where it says:

09:53 Adjust PAYG No Token -£5.10.

I've checked Oyster Online and there's no mention of a refund, nor an email sent from TfL. I don't recall any delays in service that I applied for with all journeys recently being charged correctly or any incorrect touch in or outs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
£5.10 is a maximum off-peak fare AFAIK so they probably think you had an unstarted or unfinished journey at some point. Not really worth the effort to figure it out.

bicbasher

Established Member
Looking at my journey history online, it appears when I asked the clerk for a usage statement at Charing Cross LU, he must have also checked to see if I was owed any money from previous unfinished journeys and added it to the card at the same time.

I wondered why he asked me for the name on the Oyster.

Daniel

Established Member
Yes, ticket staff on LU have always been told to resolve an incomplete journey if prompted by the TOM.

09:53 Adjust PAYG No Token -£5.10.

Your PAYG was 'adjusted' by the clerk, and the 'no token' refers to no exit token being added. If you had arrived at the excess fare window, having not touched in, for example, you can debit the correct fare from the PAYG and add an exit token to the oyster to allow the passenger to exit the station either at the issuing station, (or at another LU station).

Status
Not open for further replies.